Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Stock Card Creations – New GCU Service Soft Launch (Read 44389 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Stock Card Creations – New GCU Service Soft La
Reply #90 - Dec 18th, 2013, 2:58pm

Quote from Robin_134252 on Dec 18th, 2013, 7:57am:
Not sure if this is an issue or not, but thought I'd mention  Huh Just noticed that all of the cards I've created with both of my stores (Rycky & Simply Put) only have my company name in the "Image By" area. Did I read somewhere that the BigStock photographer's name was supposed to automatically be added in that area?

Correct, there is a NEW line in addition to the existing GCU artist's "Image by" .

Posted earlier in this thread:
* New line for "Original Image by:" crediting the Bigstock contributor:  
1) Quickview  

2) Card Details page, see here:  <sorry, links appear to be broken so copy & paste into your browser>
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/collections/offthecuffgreetings/henna-indian -wedding-hands-congratulations-1196630

3) on the back of the card, upper right hand corner, see here:  
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/zoom.asp?pid=1195756&w=1&re f=details_large_view&view=bac

Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #91 - Dec 18th, 2013, 3:07pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Dec 18th, 2013, 11:31am:
Quote from Sandra_133229 on Dec 18th, 2013, 11:02am:
I am still having trouble with the text editor not appearing. I made one card successfully using Chrome - then the second, third and 4th card I tried did not give me the text editor.

I mentioned this somewhere in this thread I think, but if you refresh the screen after each card and before choosing a new image to work with, the text box comes up every time ... in Firefox anyway.

We will look into this as it sounds like a widespread/common issue, thank you!

Email   IP Logged
Angela_151919
Gold Member
artist

Reply #92 - Dec 19th, 2013, 3:51am

I have to say, I'm loving the stock card creation. I really needed to get some good quality cards into my store, and now I can!

Email   IP Logged
Veronica_265248
GCU Newbies

Can we use these photos for derivative work?
Reply #93 - May 13th, 2014, 11:15am

As GCU has a licence for these Bigstock images, may we use them for derivative work to put on GCU cards?  I am thinking about sketches or paintings of one of the photos, or even just a silhouette, which would normally be a no-no.  Only there's a section with no card in I'd like to have a try at filling, and never having seen the animal breed in question my only option is to copy a photo: the Bigstock card creator is for cards with targeted text and not blank picture cards ...

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: Can we use these photos for derivative work?
Reply #94 - May 13th, 2014, 11:24am

Quote from Veronica_265248 on May 13th, 2014, 11:15am:
As GCU has a licence for these Bigstock images, may we use them for derivative work to put on GCU cards?  I am thinking about sketches or paintings of one of the photos, or even just a silhouette, which would normally be a no-no.  Only there's a section with no card in I'd like to have a try at filling, and never having seen the animal breed in question my only option is to copy a photo: the Bigstock card creator is for cards with targeted text and not blank picture cards ...

No, sorry. GCU's agreement is quite specific and the agreement is with GCU not the individual artists.  You need to go to sites like Morguefile, Pixabay, even Wiki has many lovely images with a Creative Use policy. We have some articles on the community blog which might be helpful. Would you like me to look those up for you and post them here?

Email   IP Logged
Veronica_265248
GCU Newbies

Reply #95 - May 15th, 2014, 11:21pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on May 13th, 2014, 11:24am:

No, sorry. GCU's agreement is quite specific and the agreement is with GCU not the individual artists.  You need to go to sites like Morguefile, Pixabay, even Wiki has many lovely images with a Creative Use policy. We have some articles on the community blog which might be helpful. Would you like me to look those up for you and post them here?

Thank you Doreen, this is very helpful, I'd never heard of Morguefile or Pixabay despite diligent googling for licence-free images I could use: am having great fun trawling!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #96 - May 16th, 2014, 7:32am

Quote from Veronica_265248 on May 15th, 2014, 11:21pm:
Quote from Doreen_137017 on May 13th, 2014, 11:24am:

Thank you Doreen, this is very helpful, I'd never heard of Morguefile or Pixabay despite diligent googling for licence-free images I could use: am having great fun trawling!  Smiley

You are very welcome Veronica Smiley  Just remember, Morguefile is NOT public domain, it's Creative Commons, therefore you must give credit to photographer.

These will help:
http://gcucommunity.com/2012/01/30/dash-of-inspiration-credit-where-credit-is-du e/

http://gcucommunity.com/2013/04/24/tips-and-tricks-sources-and-credit/

Email   IP Logged
Jay_134502
artist

Reply #97 - Jul 7th, 2014, 1:52pm

The following stock card creations Product Ids: 1297266    1297162     1297126 (in our private gallery) are awaiting to be approved/moved/declined.  
Thanks,
Jay and Susan

Email   IP Logged
Jay_134502
artist

Reply #98 - Jul 8th, 2014, 7:31am

Thank you reviewers,
Hopefully we will sell some of them.
Happy Bigstock sales to everyone.

Quote from Jay_134502 on Jul 7th, 2014, 1:52pm:
The following stock card creations Product Ids: 1297266    1297162     1297126 (in our private gallery) are awaiting to be approved/moved/declined.
Thanks,
Jay and Susan

Email   IP Logged
Rita_140577
artist

Reply #99 - Jul 9th, 2014, 11:02am

Is there still a 10 card limit on these?  Sorry if it's posted somewhere else, but I've been AWOL for awhile and I'm just trying to get back in the swing of things.

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Reply #100 - Jul 9th, 2014, 11:33am

No, no more limits! Design away!

Quote from Rita_140577 on Jul 9th, 2014, 11:02am:
Is there still a 10 card limit on these?  Sorry if it's posted somewhere else, but I've been AWOL for awhile and I'm just trying to get back in the swing of things.

Email   IP Logged
Rita_140577
artist

Reply #101 - Jul 9th, 2014, 11:48am

Thanks Stacia,   I've been going through the forum most of the day now and I'm going crossed-eyed from so much reading... Grin

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.