Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Stock Card Creations – New GCU Service Soft Launch (Read 44587 times)
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Re: Stock Card Creations – New GCU Service Soft La
Reply #45 - Nov 24th, 2013, 3:05pm

I too am a submitter on Big Stock and in looking at the sneak peek cards Mindy had in her link, i see her name as the card creator but no credit given to the original photographer or illustrator.  did i miss it or do we lose that credit if one of our Big Stock images is used?

Email   IP Logged
Tanya_135475
Gold Member
artist

Reply #46 - Nov 24th, 2013, 3:19pm

I don't think it's mandatory to have credit from big stock, I know all the stock sites are like that, because I sell lots of my illustrations and my hubby sells the photographs, I have seen my work on cp but no one credits, as you don't have to, you signed for them to be commercial use and all that, or at least that's how I read it.

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #47 - Nov 24th, 2013, 3:22pm

Quote from Tanya_135475 on Nov 24th, 2013, 3:19pm:
I don't think it's mandatory to have credit from big stock, I know all the stock sites are like that, because I sell lots of my illustrations and my hubby sells the photographs, I have seen my work on cp but no one credits, as you don't have to, you signed for them to be commercial use and all that, or at least that's how I read it.

i have submitted to many stock sites  for 7 years and i know it isn't mandatory, but this is a different scenario to me, being that it is connected to the actual card site and not just a random acct.  I was just curious.

Email   IP Logged
A_154782
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: Stock Card Creations
Reply #48 - Nov 24th, 2013, 7:37pm

thanks Mindy : )

Email   IP Logged
Robin_221671
GCU Newbies

Reply #49 - Nov 25th, 2013, 12:32pm

I've finally had an opportunity to make a few cards and enjoyed the process; there are LOTS of really good images available!    I only had one issue and one comment: 1) Several times (but not always) when I changed the size of the image and then wanted to re-center it on the page, when I clicked the "Center Image" button, the image would jump to the top left corner (with half of it off the card entirely). This happened in both Portrait and Landscape mode. 2) It would be nice to see a few more font size choices ... when I was working on one card, I needed something a bit larger than 40 pts, but not as big as 64 pts. That's quite a big jump between font sizes! I presume that's something on the futures list (I hope)  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #50 - Nov 25th, 2013, 1:06pm

I was wondering if we can go ahead and keep creating more than the 5 initial cards? I am still waiting for 3 to be reviewed and would love to make more. Smiley Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Tanya_135475
Gold Member
artist

Reply #51 - Nov 25th, 2013, 2:56pm

Same really, although I adore making my own, these are a new toy for now and I am enjoying the process would love to make more, it will probably taper out but for now I'm having a ball Cheesy we all love new things  

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #52 - Nov 25th, 2013, 4:45pm

Hi Everyone,

We've temporarily disabled the ability to create new cards using this feature while we work to correct an issue.  

I'll follow up when we begin accepting new cards.

Shaun

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #53 - Nov 25th, 2013, 6:39pm

Thanks Shaun!

Email   IP Logged
Ed_138263
artist

Reply #54 - Nov 25th, 2013, 8:16pm

This a a blatant violation of copyright. This is from the Bigstock Extended Usage Image Agreement.

YOU MAY NOT:

Use an Image for multiple uses. Each separate use of an Image downloaded hereunder requires a separate payment. For example, if an Image is used as part of a website design and in a business card, each of those uses the Image license must be paid for two times. This is accomplished by downloading and paying for the Image as many times as necessary. Using an Image in multiple products without purchasing separate licenses for such uses is a violation of this Agreement and might expose you to liability for copyright infringement.

Share an Image by providing access to such Image on shared disk drives, computer networks, servers, cloud network or other intranets of any nature or otherwise.

Use Images in a manner that competes with Bigstock's business. This includes, by way of illustration only and not by way of limitation, displaying Images in any format (including thumbnails) for download on a website, offering Images for sale, or otherwise distributing or making Images available for distribution to third parties.

Email   IP Logged
Nancy_142840
artist

Reply #55 - Nov 25th, 2013, 8:49pm

@  Ed_138263

GCU (BigDates) has a licensing agreement with BigStock so there is compensation involved.  
They have not "given" us these images for free.  

If you read the Very first post in this they state
1. Access to millions of high-quality stock images licensed by GCU (no charge to card creators)  

so that means they have a license and Im sure an agreement with them
Otherwise they wouldn't offer this to us  if they were in any infringement or violation!

Email   IP Logged
Ed_138263
artist

Reply #56 - Nov 25th, 2013, 8:55pm

Wait and see Nancy, believe me, I have read the first post many times and spent the entire day researching copyright laws. They are not your images that they are giving away, a lot of them are mine and I have not recieved anything from this so called licensing agreement, Read the post again. There is no license that allows them to redistribute images to third parties.

Email   IP Logged
Nancy_142840
artist

Reply #57 - Nov 25th, 2013, 9:07pm

like I said they have a licensing agreement with BigStock  

a company would not put themselves in a position like that
if they were worried about infringement

I'm sure it was all worked out with BigStock

You will need to ask GCU  on that  ..........

Email   IP Logged
Ed_138263
artist

Reply #58 - Nov 25th, 2013, 9:13pm

That's not how it works. Stock photography websites are governed by copyright laws. Look into it.

Email   IP Logged
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Reply #59 - Nov 26th, 2013, 10:58am

Perhaps you can get Bigstock to offer a GCU link under their section of "Friends of Bigstock"?

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.