Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Stock Card Creations – New GCU Service Soft Launch (Read 44574 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: Stock Card Creations – New GCU Service Soft La
Reply #30 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:33am

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Nov 23rd, 2013, 7:46am:
Quote from Tanya_135475 on Nov 23rd, 2013, 3:46am:
Hello

Ah such fun, now I am awake I get it  

Although text problems for me, I made the first card it wen't super easy
so decide on a roll go for the next one, unfortunately everything worked good
except, I could not change fonts etc, it seemed to have jammed it allowed me to
make text but only move it around.

Hope this is helpefull

And my 5 are da da daaaaa

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/moonlakedesigns_private

I think I found this bug too Moonie ...

GCU, the text box seems to not come up consistently and there is no way to bring it up.  Did not come up on my first card, but did when I started card two from a fresh screen - did not if I said Yes, Make Another.  So, if that helps you identify the bug Smiley

We will look into this, thank you!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #31 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:39am

Quote from Penny_134243 on Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:00am:
Greetings!

I decided to give this a try, too.

I couldn't move the text box after I typed in my words.  It would be great to have a way of doing that, or perhaps there is, but it didn't work for me?

Also, I had no idea which font I was using for the inside message, or how it was being placed inside the card.  After seeing the card in my private gallery, I realized that I could go in and edit the inside message and change the font size, color and placement.  It would be nice to be able to do that in one fell swoop, during the card creation process.

As for the 'image by' credits, my card reads as "unknown," which is fine.  I'd prefer not to have my name on something that I merely added a few words to, IMHO.

Here's the link to my private gallery, for anyone who wants to take a look at the card:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/store.asp?private=true&store_i d=1566

Also, when selecting the "tone" of the card, I chose two categories because they both seemed to fit (sorry I can't recall which two they were now) but I'm wondering if choosing two is acceptable?  I think that the two I chose were Cute and Funny -- or similar to those.

Penny Smiley

Hi Penny,
Yes you can move a text box although there have been some reports of text box bugs.  If working properly there is an X or cross in the upper left corner of the text box that can be used to drag it.  

Also the textured right lower corner allows you to change the size of your text box - wider, taller, etc.

Two selections for Card Tone is just fine as long as you find both of them fitting.  Some of them are similar and it's like splitting hairs.  Don't lose any sleep over it, select on your first impression and move along.  

Lastly, the "unknown" is being worked.

Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #32 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:41am

Quote from Edward_226173 on Nov 23rd, 2013, 4:33am:
How are the photographers on Big Stock getting paid?  I have photos on Big Stock, if the card created with my photo gets 10 cents what do I get from Big Stock? 1 cent?

GCU (BigDates) has a licensing agreement with BigStock so there is compensation involved.  They have not "given" us these images for free.  Let us know if you'd like us to find the particulars for you re: the permissions/allowances on the BigStock side as a contributor.  We can at least point you in the right direction.  

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #33 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:44am

Quote from Mindy on Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:32am:
Quote from Betsy_145102 on Nov 23rd, 2013, 5:48am:
Just having a go at the new process and have one wish, can we get an undo last action button please? Smiley
I have my 5 done. This is very fun!

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/store.asp?private=true&store_i d=4687

Yes, I found that too.  What not possible in phase I as incremental changes are not "saved".  This is on the futures list.  Thanks!

Thank You Mindy!

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #34 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:44am

Quote from Mindy on Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:39am:
Greetings!

I couldn't move the text box after I typed in my words.  It would be great to have a way of doing that, or perhaps there is, but it didn't work for me?

Also, I had no idea which font I was using for the inside message, or how it was being placed inside the card.  After seeing the card in my private gallery, I realized that I could go in and edit the inside message and change the font size, color and placement.  It would be nice to be able to do that in one fell swoop, during the card creation process.

As for the 'image by' credits, my card reads as "unknown," which is fine.  I'd prefer not to have my name on something that I merely added a few words to, IMHO.

Here's the link to my private gallery, for anyone who wants to take a look at the card:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/store.asp?private=true&store_i d=1566

Also, when selecting the "tone" of the card, I chose two categories because they both seemed to fit (sorry I can't recall which two they were now) but I'm wondering if choosing two is acceptable?  I think that the two I chose were Cute and Funny -- or similar to those.

Penny Smiley

Hi Penny,
Yes you can move a text box although there have been some reports of text box bugs.  If working properly there is an X in the upper left corner of the text box that can be used to drag it.

Two selections for Card Tone is just fine as long as you find both of them fitting.  Some of them are similar and it's like splitting hairs.  Don't lose any sleep over it, select on your first impression and move along.  

Thanks!

Hi, Mindy,

Thanks for the info.  I'll look for the X and won't lose any sleep.  Smiley

One more question, please.  The card that I made with the little dog seems to have disappeared from my private gallery, PID# 1191922.  Any idea where the little guy wandered off to?

Thanks!

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Christi_179654
artist

Reply #35 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:54am

I thought mine had disappeared, too; make sure you sort by "newest" - worked for me  Smiley .

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #36 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 11:01am

Quote from Christi_179654 on Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:54am:
I thought mine had disappeared, too; make sure you sort by "newest" - worked for me  Smiley .

Thanks, Christi!

Sadly, he's still missing.  Perhaps he went out in search of cake ...

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #37 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 11:17am

Quote from Penny_134243 on Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:44am:
Quote from Mindy on Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:39am:
Greetings!

Penny Smiley

Hi Penny,
Yes you can move a text box although there have been some reports of text box bugs.  If working properly there is an X in the upper left corner of the text box that can be used to drag it.

Thanks!

Hi, Mindy,

Thanks for the info.  I'll look for the X and won't lose any sleep.  Smiley

One more question, please.  The card that I made with the little dog seems to have disappeared from my private gallery, PID# 1191922.  Any idea where the little guy wandered off to?

Thanks!

Penny Smiley

Approved cards will disappear from your Private gallery then appear in the public gallery.  However it takes a few hours for them to appear in the public gallery.  

I see your card #1191922 has been approved, so he's on his way!  

The best place to keep an eye out for them would be via the category here:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/collections/offthecuffgreetings

Did you receive an email from the review team as usual?

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #38 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 11:24am

[quote author=Mindy link=1385169412/30#37 date=1385234263][quote author=Penny_134243 link=1385169412/30#34 date=1385232272]Quote from Mindy on Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:39am:

Approved cards will disappear from your Private gallery then appear in the public gallery.  However it takes a few hours for them to appear in the public gallery.  

I see your card #1191922 has been approved, so he's on his way!

The best place to keep an eye out for them would be via the category here:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/collections/offthecuffgreetings

Did you receive an email from the review team as usual?

Thanks, Mindy!

Duh!  Okay, I get it now.  Yes, I did get the email, but I thought that the cards stayed in the private gallery.  Sorry, I'm in Saturday mode.  (Not much of an excuse, but I'm using it!)

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #39 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:57pm

Hi, again,

I just made another card, but as Doreen mentioned, it would be great to have a way to go back and make edits to the cover text, rather than starting over.  Perhaps we could have an 'edit front' button like on the custom cards?

Also the tool to change the text color seems a little clunky, but that's something that can be worked on later.

Done for the day.  Thanks!

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
A_154782
GCU Newbies
artist

bigstock
Reply #40 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:57pm

I assumed that you guys go the extended usage image agreement, but the only one I could find for the company specifies:

"By this Agreement, Bigstock grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable (except as herein provided) right, throughout the world, in perpetuity, to use and reproduce Images, subject to the limitations set forth herein and in Part II hereof. You may however transfer Images to a third party for the sole purpose of causing such third party to produce and/or manufacture your goods incorporating Images. "

In that case would cards created using the stock photos be considered property of GCU?

Thank you : )

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Re: bigstock
Reply #41 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 3:36pm

Quote from A_154782 on Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:57pm:
I assumed that you guys go the extended usage image agreement, but the only one I could find for the company specifies:

"By this Agreement, Bigstock grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable (except as herein provided) right, throughout the world, in perpetuity, to use and reproduce Images, subject to the limitations set forth herein and in Part II hereof. You may however transfer Images to a third party for the sole purpose of causing such third party to produce and/or manufacture your goods incorporating Images. "

In that case would cards created using the stock photos be considered property of GCU?

Thank you : )

We have engaged in a business to business partnership with BigStock for this project.  Not necessarily something that is offered as a "ready to buy" solution advertised on their site.  

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #42 - Nov 24th, 2013, 11:49am

Reporting 'bugs' per Mindy:

On a card approved, Product Id: 1192232
Clicking on this card from my shop takes me to the 'Off the Cuff' page. I clicked on the image as well as the link below it. The magnifying glass works fine though.

Thanks!
Cherie

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #43 - Nov 24th, 2013, 12:33pm

Quote from Cherie_131661 on Nov 24th, 2013, 11:49am:
Reporting 'bugs' per Mindy:

On a card approved, Product Id: 1192232
Clicking on this card from my shop takes me to the 'Off the Cuff' page. I clicked on the image as well as the link below it. The magnifying glass works fine though.

Thanks!
Cherie

Just tried it again, it worked fine now!

Email   IP Logged
Christi_179654
artist

Reply #44 - Nov 24th, 2013, 12:50pm

A couple of trials and tribulations of the Christi kind:

While working on a card on my iPad, the Bigstock page presented with a message that the tool only works in portrait mode.  As I was in portrait mode, I decided that maybe it was supposed to say the tool only works in landscape mode.  When I rotated to landscape orientation, the message went away and I was able to access the pictures.

As it happens, I had to delete that card and remake it on my iMac because text I had measured no less than three times (sooo easy to nudge on a touch screen) was still off-center  That's when I had my "duh"  undecided moment and realized I could line up the text box with the guide lines or the sides of the card and then click the button to center the text.  No measuring needed (though I did find myself doing so for verification, anyway).

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.