Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Stock Card Creations – New GCU Service Soft Launch (Read 44600 times)
Edward_226173
GCU Newbies

Re: Stock Card Creations – New GCU Service Soft La
Reply #15 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 4:33am

How are the photographers on Big Stock getting paid?  I have photos on Big Stock, if the card created with my photo gets 10 cents what do I get from Big Stock? 1 cent?

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #16 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 5:48am

Just having a go at the new process and have one wish, can we get an undo last action button please? Smiley
I have my 5 done. This is very fun!

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/store.asp?private=true&store_i d=4687

« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2013, 7:05am by Betsy_145102 »  
Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #17 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 7:34am

Hi Doreen, I noticed that you put "unknown" in the "image by" field on the card create page. I like that idea, is this something that was suggested and I missed it? It feels funny to have my name on something that really isn't mine.

Email   IP Logged
Gail_137747
artist

Reply #18 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 7:35am

Thanks, Mindy. It's fun looking through all of the photo options. It's nice to have this feature.  

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #19 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 7:46am

Quote from Tanya_135475 on Nov 23rd, 2013, 3:46am:
Hello

Ah such fun, now I am awake I get it  

Although text problems for me, I made the first card it wen't super easy
so decide on a roll go for the next one, unfortunately everything worked good
except, I could not change fonts etc, it seemed to have jammed it allowed me to
make text but only move it around.

Hope this is helpefull

And my 5 are da da daaaaa

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/moonlakedesigns_private

I think I found this bug too Moonie ...

GCU, the text box seems to not come up consistently and there is no way to bring it up.  Did not come up on my first card, but did when I started card two from a fresh screen - did not if I said Yes, Make Another.  So, if that helps you identify the bug Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #20 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 7:48am

Quote from Betsy_145102 on Nov 23rd, 2013, 7:34am:
Hi Doreen, I noticed that you put "unknown" in the "image by" field on the card create page. I like that idea, is this something that was suggested and I missed it? It feels funny to have my name on something that really isn't mine.

I didn't do it on purpose  Grin

I am, now that I'm up and around for a new day, see that we can change it in Manage Cards. I didn't see a box for image credits when I made it Smiley

I think saying card design by ... is fine.  After all it was your wit and words which take a plain image and make it into a card Smiley  Maybe Mindy will have some thoughts on what would be okay here.  I

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #21 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 9:11am

Thanks Doreen!

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #22 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:00am

Greetings!

I decided to give this a try, too.

I couldn't move the text box after I typed in my words.  It would be great to have a way of doing that, or perhaps there is, but it didn't work for me?

Also, I had no idea which font I was using for the inside message, or how it was being placed inside the card.  After seeing the card in my private gallery, I realized that I could go in and edit the inside message and change the font size, color and placement.  It would be nice to be able to do that in one fell swoop, during the card creation process.

As for the 'image by' credits, my card reads as "unknown," which is fine.  I'd prefer not to have my name on something that I merely added a few words to, IMHO.

Here's the link to my private gallery, for anyone who wants to take a look at the card:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/store.asp?private=true&store_i d=1566

Also, when selecting the "tone" of the card, I chose two categories because they both seemed to fit (sorry I can't recall which two they were now) but I'm wondering if choosing two is acceptable?  I think that the two I chose were Cute and Funny -- or similar to those.

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #23 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:11am

Hi, Mindy,

A couple of questions, please:

I'm wondering if it would be possible to use these images as placeholders on our custom photo cards?  And if so, how could we access them during the submission process?  (And I realize that there may be restrictions on how these images are used.)

Do you see this as a way for GCU customers to create their own greeting cards?  For example, if a customer is searching for a card for her niece's 6th birthday and she wants a gray cat wearing a party hat and a pink tutu, then typically, that would become a request for the artists to fill -- but -- if there's an image of the gray cat + party hat + pink tutu, then the customer could actually create her own card.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Penny Smiley

Both good ideas but not available at this time.  Noted for futures, thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Elizabeth_137795
Gold Member
artist

Reply #24 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:20am

Love this ... it's fast and fun. Such great images to chose from.

I am finding, though that I have to go back in to my card under 'manage cards' to fix the inside verse. We have no control over font and font size.

Other than that....I think this is a great addition!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #25 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:21am

Quote from Norma_133903 on Nov 22nd, 2013, 10:29pm:
I have dozens of pictures for sale on Big Stock, many of which I have used to make cards for sale. I am emailing Big Stock about what sort of licensing they are selling for these cards.
I am alarmed to think that my own pictures can be used to compete with the cards I have already made.

GCU (BigDates) has a licensing agreement with BigStock so there is compensation involved.  They have not "given" us these images for free.  Let us know if you'd like us to find the particulars for you re: the permissions/allowances on the BigStock side as a contributor.  We can at least point you in the right direction.

Email   IP Logged
Sheryl_133470
Gold Member
artist

Reply #26 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:21am

Thank you for this interesting new Stock Card Creations feature you are offering at GCU.  I am sure you will get some gorgeous cards this way.  I just got home, so I will have to try it later.  Smiley

I too am curious, will this new feature of using stock images to make cards only be available to GCU artist's who have opened a store at GCU?  Or, will buyers be able to make custom cards from these stock images too as they come to the site in search of cards?

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #27 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:24am

Quote from Elizabeth_137795 on Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:20am:
Love this ... it's fast and fun. Such great images to chose from.

I am finding, though that I have to go back in to my card under 'manage cards' to fix the inside verse. We have no control over font and font size.

Other than that....I think this is a great addition!

Correct, inside verse features are defaulted yet can be changed via Manage Cards.  This is on our futures list to provide artists these options in the creation flow.  Right now we want to make this easy and quick for creators.  

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #28 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:31am

Quote from Tammy_131374 on Nov 22nd, 2013, 6:27pm:
Probably a stupid question, but is it okay to dismantle images and do what we want with them?

Not sure what you mean by "dismantle".  The images are "as is" and the tool allows you to do limited enhancements of image size, position, text overlay and border.  You are not able or permitted to download the image and have your way with it if that's what you mean.

Is that what you mean?

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #29 - Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:32am

Quote from Betsy_145102 on Nov 23rd, 2013, 5:48am:
Just having a go at the new process and have one wish, can we get an undo last action button please? Smiley
I have my 5 done. This is very fun!

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/store.asp?private=true&store_i d=4687

Yes, I found that too.  What not possible in phase I as incremental changes are not "saved".  This is on the futures list.  Thanks!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.