Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Card Reviews – Abbreviated Notes (Read 2202 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Card Reviews – Abbreviated Notes
Sep 26th, 2013, 4:36pm

Each artist is accountable for their understanding and application of GCU’s processes and guidelines.  Many artists do this successfully with little to no direction given by the review team.    

As part of the card review process the review team typically leaves detailed notes for artists on suggestions, edits and declines.  The reviewers leverage a repository of standard notes and customize them to suit each card.  In a continued effort to streamline the process the reviewers will begin to include less details and will include relevant links to references like the wiki, forum and GCU Community Blog.  

This will begin with Declined cards:
The specific Submission Guideline will be listed, the link to the Submission Guidelines on the wiki and a link to the related guideline on the GCU blog.  These references will give artists plenty of information in order to understand the guideline(s) at play as well as helpful descriptions of the guideline with examples, images and suggested corrections or fixes.

With the reviewer’s notes and linked resources it is the artist’s job to reflect on how it specifically applies to their submission.

For example you may see with a Decline the following:
Thank you for submitting this artwork to GCU however we're sorry that your submission has not met / no longer meets our Submission Guidelines & Marketability Standards and has been declined due to the following reason(s).  For Submission Guideline details please see the GCU Wiki:  http://www.gcuwiki.com/sg.html   Thank you for your understanding.

TYPOGRAPHY - Effects
See the GCU Blog for explanation & examples:
http://gcucommunity.com/2013/06/10/dash-of-inspiration-typography-effects/

We of course afford new artists ample time to get up to speed and we will continue to share detailed suggestions and tips with them.

GCU will also be curtailing the details in other types of reviews.  Return for Edits will likely remain as is since there are specifics that we are asking the artist to attend to.  Please stay tuned.

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your understanding as we implement changes to improve our review process.  

Email   IP Logged
cheryl_133782
Gold Member
artist

Re: Card Reviews – Abbreviated Notes
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2013, 5:15pm

sounds all good to me.  

Cheryl

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_133229
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2013, 5:21pm

Streamlining and becoming more efficient is good. There is so much info available, and this will help all of us  to get even more comfortable with the resources and information available.  

Email   IP Logged
Janet_134086
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2013, 5:25pm

Sounds good Mindy, Thank You!  

Email   IP Logged
Steppeland_231500

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2013, 10:50pm

Anything that helps streamlining and simplifying the review work is fine to me, Mindy, as long as the helpful hints for us newbies and artists wanting to learn perfection  Roll Eyes are still there. In your example, I would be able to figure out what I needed to know, so, my  

Steppeland - Photography and Card Design/Fotografie en Kaart Ontwerp.:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/steppeland
Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.