Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Handmade Greeting Cards (Read 3257 times)
Kate_241030
GCU Newbies

Handmade Greeting Cards
Aug 27th, 2013, 10:31am

Hi  

I am a professional greeting card designer and I am creating a "Directory of Handmade Greeting Card Businesses" and wanted to get the word out to handmade card artists.  It is free publicity for them. My greeting card blog has about 30,000 readers and followers a month.  Here are the submission guidelines: http://kateharperblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/do-you-have-handmade-greeting-card.ht ml

Thanks!

Kate Harpe

Email   IP Logged
cheryl_133782
Gold Member
artist

Re: Handmade Greeting Cards
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2013, 11:38am

Rule #5 I think would rule us all here out of contention.   Sad

Cheryl

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2013, 11:40am

None of the cards at GCU are 'handmade', though there may be some designers at GCU who in addition to their designs for GCU, also have a handmade card business.

Thank you for the offer Kate.

Email   IP Logged
Kate_241030
GCU Newbies

Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2013, 11:42am

Yes I was hoping that people who design on GCU also might create handmade cards.  Sorry for the confusion.  I thought this greeting card community would be a great resource for that possibility.

Email   IP Logged
Tanya_135475
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2013, 11:50am

I don't make hand made cards
but I do sell hand made card kits for ladies and gents who make them.

There are a few of us from here that do that, but making them
I am awful Cheesy I found that me and cutting straight just don't go.

Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Nadine_142067
artist

Reply #5 - Aug 27th, 2013, 1:06pm

I'm interested Kate!  As well as GCU site, I sell prints AND HANDMADE cards locally and on my etsy site (nadineandkathleen) - On way to appts now but will follow through tomorrow - thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #6 - Aug 27th, 2013, 3:48pm

Quote from Kate_241030 on Aug 27th, 2013, 11:42am:
Yes I was hoping that people who design on GCU also might create handmade cards.  Sorry for the confusion.  I thought this greeting card community would be a great resource for that possibility.

Hi Kate,
Some of our artists may straddle both digital and handmade creations.  A sweeter spot for you would be Etsy.com.  Good luck!

Email   IP Logged
Marcee_193506
GCU Newbies

Reply #7 - Aug 27th, 2013, 5:09pm

Quote from Kate_241030 on Aug 27th, 2013, 10:31am:
Hi

I am a professional greeting card designer and I am creating a "Directory of Handmade Greeting Card Businesses" and wanted to get the word out to handmade card artists.  It is free publicity for them. My greeting card blog has about 30,000 readers and followers a month.  Here are the submission guidelines: http://kateharperblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/do-you-have-handmade-greeting-card.ht ml

Thanks!

Kate Harpe

Well i design cards to look like handmade cards does that count?

Email   IP Logged
Teri_179461
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Aug 28th, 2013, 10:03am

Kate,

I have been receiving your "Greeting Card Designer" blog emails for a long time and want to say that they are very enlightening.  Your recent one regarding the decrease in retail card purchase in junction with the increase of online card purchases was very positive to read for all of us on Greeting Card Universe.

I don't personally currently make Handmade cards - but wanted to give you another possible means of locating some artists who do - and that would be through Pinterest.  I personally have a board for Handmade Cards and have pinned close to 3,000 cards on it.  Many are made by talented hobbyists who love to create for friends and family but if you follow the links back to the original photo that was pinned - you will find the names of quite a few very talented Handmade Card professional artists and companies they either work for or companies they have created themselves.

You can go directly to my Handmade Cards Board at the bottom link below - and will probably notice that I've slipped a few of my own cards in from time to time - due to my large following on that particular board.  I hope this will help you locate some of the very creative people I have spotted on Pinterest.

Thanks,

Teri Nelson Kuster
Che Bella Nota Cards
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/chebellanota
http://pinterest.com/chebellanota/handmade-cards/

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.