Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

I got in a bit of a pickle with custom card (Read 3241 times)
Natalie_152060
Gold Member
artist

I got in a bit of a pickle with custom card
Aug 1st, 2013, 5:06am

It's been quite a while since I did a custom card and I got into such a pickle this morning and am wondering if I ended up having done all the right things.  At some points I seemed to have more defined areas than I thought I'd added  Grin Oh I did get in a pickle - don't say anything people, I'm not getting any younger! lol  Grin  

The card is PID 1136464 I'm not sure if you'll be able to see it, so in case you can't what I ended up with having done the customization area bits was  

1 x transparent area - presumably this is for the photo

1 placeholder image, which I placed centrally in the frame

and 1 x customizable text area for the customer to add their own text to the front of the card.  

Does that all sound correct, or have I done something wrong?

Thanks for any help anyone is able to offer.

Natalie  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Re: I got in a bit of a pickle with custom card
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2013, 9:07am

Natalie, that sounds good to me. Be sure you saved the card in PNG and that you marked it custom not standard.

Email   IP Logged
Natalie_152060
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2013, 9:10am

Thanks Sherry, yes I did do that at least  Roll Eyes  It was defining the areas that I got into such a muddle with. All of a sudden there seemed to be more defined areas than I remembered actually defining!  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2013, 9:46am

Natalie,

Actually that has happened to me, so there might be.  The best thing to do is to go look at your card using the Print Margin preview.  You should see only 1 area per photo and 1 area per text box.  They can not be touching each other or the edges of the card.

If you see more, then you have to go back to the custom tool and see if you can delete them. If not, start over.

Email   IP Logged
Natalie_152060
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2013, 9:52am

Thanks Doreen, it seemed like such a good idea to use a card design I'd done recently for the basis as a photo card, but oh, it's so hot here in the UK again today and I'm beginning to wonder ...  Grin  However, I've started ... so I'll finish  

Email   IP Logged
Natalie_152060
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2013, 10:28am

Okay, phew! I think I've done it!  Off to make supper now ... salad ... as it's such a hot day!

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Aug 1st, 2013, 10:58am

Have a nice supper, Natalie. Salad sounds delicious. Glad you got the card fixed. Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.