Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Flip-E cards (Read 1491 times)
Teri_179461
Gold Member
artist

Flip-E cards
Jul 9th, 2013, 12:06pm

Does anyone have any information about the possibility of E-cards for our GCU cards?  In one of the marketing sheets there was a page that discussed Flip-E cards and said that the default settings for this could be found on Menu C6.  It also said that the fee for these cards was set at 99 cents with a commission back to the artist of 30 cents.  

I have not been able to find Menu C-6 and the ability to make E-cards.  I do see a link at the bottom of the admin page that takes me to some free E-cards that are already made up - some I think have been offered on holidays on GCU.  Anyone know how to make E-cards out of some of their cards?  

Thanks, Teri

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Re: Flip-E cards
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2013, 12:31pm

Hi, Teri,

Here's a link to the original announcement:

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1266966705/0

I'm pretty sure that the Flip E-cards are no longer an option, but I can't seem to find the discussion on that topic.  I can't recall what the issue was, as to why GCU doesn't offer them anymore, sorry.  I'm thinking that someone else may remember more details and post a better answer for you.

Hope that this helps, at least a little.

Penny Smiley

Edited to add (for anyone who doesn't read the post) that the Flip E-cards were for Facebook.

Email   IP Logged
Teri_179461
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2013, 12:38pm

Thanks so much for the link Penny.  I'll read through it and see if I can find out more about the E-card program.

Email   IP Logged
Terri_138640
artist

Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2013, 3:57pm

I know it's been awhile since anyone posted, but I was looking into adding ecards to my site. I noticed there were hardly any of the free web code scripts that make it work any more. There weren't any plug ins for blogs. E-card offerings just seemed to vanish all over the place!  

I wonder if some upgrade on the gcu website made the old e-card method break. Too bad, I think it would be very useful.  cry

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.