Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Need Help, Please (Read 1039 times)
Laurie_139933
Gold Member
artist

Need Help, Please
Jul 4th, 2013, 7:20pm

I'm hoping someone can tell me what I am doing wrong on face book, please.  When I share one of my sales or anything else it posts on my personal page instead of my business.  Thanks! Laurie

Email   IP Logged
Karen_131257
artist

Re: Need Help, Please
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2013, 7:27pm

Hi hun, when you are on your page go to the drop down menu at the top in "Edit page", at the bottom should be "Use facebook as" ... click on that to change to using Facebook as your page name then post in your page, be aware though if you don't change back you will come up on your own profile as your page so you will need to change back if you want to keep them separate.
Karen

Email   IP Logged
Laurie_139933
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2013, 7:33pm

Thank you so much! Take care, Laurie
Quote from Karen_131257 on Jul 4th, 2013, 7:27pm:
Hi hun, when you are on your page go to the drop down menu at the top in "Edit page", at the bottom should be "Use facebook as" ... click on that to change to using Facebook as your page name then post in your page, be aware though if you don't change back you will come up on your own profile as your page so you will need to change back if you want to keep them separate.
Karen

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2013, 7:33pm

Quote from Laurie_139933 on Jul 4th, 2013, 7:20pm:
I'm hoping someone can tell me what I am doing wrong on face book, please.  When I share one of my sales or anything else it posts on my personal page instead of my business.  Thanks! Laurie

Also, when you use a Share button, it brings up a small window.  At the top of that window is a drop-down menu (I think it says something like Share on your own Timeline). Click on the down arrow there and choose your fan page.  Then it will post on your fan page rather than your personal page Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Laurie_139933
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2013, 7:36pm

Thank you, Doreen!  I just love this site there is always wonderful people willing to help!  Smiley  Take care, Laurie
Quote from Doreen_137017 on Jul 4th, 2013, 7:33pm:
Quote from Laurie_139933 on Jul 4th, 2013, 7:20pm:

Also, when you use a Share button, it brings up a small window.  At the top of that window is a drop-down menu (I think it says something like Share on your own Timeline). Click on the down arrow there and choose your fan page.  Then it will post on your fan page rather than your personal page Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Laurie_139933
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Jul 4th, 2013, 7:44pm

Hi again, Karen and Doreen.  Thanks to you both I got it now!    May I get your help on another problem sometimes a different picture shows instead of the card.  Do you know how I change that?  Thanks again, Laurie

Email   IP Logged
Karen_131257
artist

Reply #6 - Jul 4th, 2013, 7:48pm

Hi hun, you're welcome. Sometimes you are given a choice of images, hover the mouse cursor on the image and an arrow should come up, click on the arrow until the image you want comes up then click on it to select x

Email   IP Logged
Laurie_139933
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Jul 4th, 2013, 7:50pm

Thank you again!  Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Laurie
Quote from Karen_131257 on Jul 4th, 2013, 7:48pm:
Hi hun, you're welcome. Sometimes you are given a choice of images, hover the mouse cursor on the image and an arrow should come up, click on the arrow until the image you want comes up then click on it to select x

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Jul 4th, 2013, 7:50pm

Quote from Laurie_139933 on Jul 4th, 2013, 7:44pm:
Hi again, Karen and Doreen.  Thanks to you both I got it now!    May I get your help on another problem sometimes a different picture shows instead of the card.  Do you know how I change that?  Thanks again, Laurie

Sometimes if you use the arrow next to the thumbnail, you'll browse through other images, more often than not yours is one of them, however there has been a problem with our card not even being one of the choices here at GCU when we use the email share button.  It's kind of okay sometimes and not others.

When you run across those instances that your card is not one of the choices.  Cancel the share and instead go find your card in the public marketplace (click the card in the email) and grab the Sell This Card TEXT link. Paste that into your new facebook post ... wait for it to load the link and card image below, then you can delete what you pasted in and write your thank you to the customer or whatever. Then post as usual.

Email   IP Logged
Laurie_139933
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Jul 4th, 2013, 7:58pm

Thank you, Doreen!  You read my mind  Smiley,  that just happened, mine was not among the choices.   Now, thanks to you I know what to do.  Have a wonderful weekend, Laurie
Quote from Doreen_137017 on Jul 4th, 2013, 7:50pm:
Quote from Laurie_139933 on Jul 4th, 2013, 7:44pm:

Sometimes if you use the arrow next to the thumbnail, you'll browse through other images, more often than not yours is one of them, however there has been a problem with our card not even being one of the choices here at GCU when we use the email share button.  It's kind of okay sometimes and not others.

When you run across those instances that your card is not one of the choices.  Cancel the share and instead go find your card in the public marketplace (click the card in the email) and grab the Sell This Card TEXT link. Paste that into your new facebook post ... wait for it to load the link and card image below, then you can delete what you pasted in and write your thank you to the customer or whatever. Then post as usual.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.