Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

In light of recent goings on (Read 699 times)
cheryl_133782
Gold Member
artist

In light of recent goings on
Jul 2nd, 2013, 9:28pm

First of all, forgive me for multiple postings. I wanted to place it in a few areas so that all artists got to see this.  Smiley

In light of recent goings on here at GCU I've decided to sspend some of my time to do as GCU want us to and try to self promote and also promote other artists here. The best way I can think of so far is to blog my ar$e off!  Cheesy

My plan is to showcase 1 or 2 artists a week (we'll just some how that amount pans out first)

Here's how you can help me and yourselves at the same time.

I have created a list of questions for artists to submit their answers to. You don't have to answer all questions, basically it is a guide. You can elaborate as much as you like. You can add questions if you like. (You might even think of some good ones that I didn't!  )

ALL ARTISTS BOMBARD ME WITH YOUR ANSWERS AND I WILL EVENTUALLY GET YOU ON MY BLOG!!!!  Cheesy

The blog heading will be:

ARTIST SHOWCASE
Your time to shine!  
(Do you like it? Ha, hey, do ya?)  Grin  

Here is the list of questions:

1. What/who do you draw your inspiration from? Your most importand influence?

2. Who is you artistic hero?

3. How did you start as an artist?

4. Do you create each day or only when feeling inspired?

5. How do you feel when you are creating your artwork?

6. Where do you do your work?

7. Are you a career artist?

8. Please explain your art in your own words.

9. What technique/s do you use?

10. If any, what software do you use to aid in your artwork?

11. Have you taken any art classes? How did you learn to make your art?

12. Describe your style.

13. Does your art  have a deeper meaning?

14. Do you aspire to be like any other artist?

15. Where do you feel your art is going?

16. What is the place of you artwork in society?

17. Where can we find you artwork online or elsewhere? Where can I see more of your artwork?  (Here you can list all of your online stores and any galleries or bricks and mortar stores that display your work).

18. Tell us something about yourself non-art related.

19. When did you start and how long have you been doing this?

20. How has your artwork developed over the years?

21. What is your favorite piece of art you have created?

22. How does your art make you feel?

23. By what terms do you measure your success?

24. Does it matter to you if your artwork never makes you rich?

25. Who is your intended audience? (Do you make art for children, the ill, business, etc)

26. Do you have a niche? What is it?

27. Do you have any unique talents?

28. Can you rmember your first piece of artwork or your first sale?

29. Do you have your own blog, facebook page, etc.

30. Where can we reach you?

31. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about?

*** You can provide links to any cards or artwork relating to these questions or for any other information you have provided. When you answer the question just put the link in brackets under your answer and I will add the image into the blog. If by chance the image you want to add is for a card that is not yet approved then just put a note in brackets saying you are waiting upon the approval. You can provide links to other sites as well as to your GCU store.

This part is for GCU powers that be:

Since we artists have taken an almight hit in our earnings percentage and that GCU want us to direct more traffic to the GCU site does that also mean that if we are providing extra traffic and therefore extra profits that we will recieve a percentage for the traffic that we generate to the site? Your IT depend would have access to analytics that show where this traffic is coming from. It would be only fair that if we are providing the traffic and thus profits that we should get a share of it also. so how about it? I'd be interested to hear GCU's thought on that!  Smiley Afterall, you do have a paid marketing dept./budget so why shouldn't we get paid for doing that work too?  Shocked

OK, back to regular programming!

Get going artists and send me your replies!  Wink

Send you replies to cherylmhall@gmail.com and not through the GCU messages, I doubt all the text would fit.

Many thanks

Cheryl <<< trying my best.  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.