Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Advertisement/Marketing Group Forming (Read 9296 times)
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Advertisement/Marketing Group Forming
Jun 30th, 2013, 7:20pm

Hi everyone - We'll form into groups of seven.

Everyone in the group will advertise the stores of the other six in the group. One ad per day on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.

That means you advertise the store of each of the other people in  your group, a different person each day for six days then start over again.

If you can't do one different person a day for six days then you can do two people each day for three days.

As an extra you can also advertise a specific card in someone's shop, however it MUST be watermarked.

This will make six times the ads we could do ourselves. So, anyone interested give a shout out below.

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2013, 9:31am by Sherry_205423 »  
Email   IP Logged
Donna_137698
Gold Member
artist

Re: Advertisement Group Forming
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2013, 4:20am

Sherry, this is a great idea but I can only do this once a week especially when school is back in session and I return to my job there.  How could I work into such a program if I only can advertise say in a blog or on Facebook or Twitter or in a lens once a week?  

We have in some cases "liked" each other FB pages - can we start threads of discussion on our biz pages utilizing social media some how?  I'm better at that than I would be working up a blog.  Say I want to talk about cards with whales on them and we could share links to cards with whale themes??  Just as an example.

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2013, 8:37am

Donna, if we get more people, we can figure it out.

Email   IP Logged
Terri_138640
artist

Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2013, 9:25am

I'm interesting if one can work out the logistics. I'm not sure one a day quite works (don't dare the computer. It will decide to rebel on one day, or the Facebook will, or Twitter will....) But a couple times a week would work if one marked the calendar to chime a reminder. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jul 1st, 2013, 9:31am

Obviously, Terri, we could do more than once, but my thought was to at least start with once. If six people advertise your store six times, that's more than one time you might do yourself. Its a start. I also figured we could brainstorm and learn from each other. Seven heads are better than one.

Email   IP Logged
Nancy_142840
artist

Re: Advertisement/Marketing Group Forming
Reply #5 - Jul 1st, 2013, 11:45am

I'm very interested!  

http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/nancysnook

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jul 1st, 2013, 11:54am

Hi Nancy, thank you. You and I make two. We need five more people willing to commit. I firmly believe we can help and support each other. I'll send you a private message. Check your messages above this this category on the right side.

Email   IP Logged
Nancy_142840
artist

Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2013, 7:56pm

Sherry_205423

I sent you a reply!

Email   IP Logged
Terri_138640
artist

Reply #8 - Jul 2nd, 2013, 8:16am

Quote from Sherry_205423 on Jul 1st, 2013, 9:31am:
Obviously, Terri, we could do more than once, but my thought was to at least start with once. If six people advertise your store six times, that's more than one time you might do yourself. Its a start. I also figured we could brainstorm and learn from each other. Seven heads are better than one.

Agreed. I'm very interested.

Email   IP Logged
Donna_137698
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Jul 2nd, 2013, 8:21am

I'm just curious, when you mention advertise, in what manner do you mean?  Mention of a store?  Show of top selling cards?  Spotlighting the other artists somehow?

I am working through this dilemma and seeing how I can resurrect my blog which has sat idle for months.

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jul 2nd, 2013, 8:40am

Hi Terri - Ok, so far it's you, Nancy and me.

Donna - Yes, advertising each others store somewhere once a week. More if you feel you can. Specific cards beyond the advertising the store if you want.  

I chose once  day, because that really wouldn't take much time. With seven people, six besides yourself, it would mean your shop got advertised six times in other people's circles reaching more people than you could do yourself.

I hope that makes sense. People have different followers on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. There are of course other social media, but this spreads the stores around t people you wouldn't know.

Email   IP Logged
Donna_137698
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Jul 2nd, 2013, 8:44am

I've got Pinterest that is picking up with more followers (mostly my model horse painting services but never the less).

I'd like to see what I can do - perhaps if I see examples of what others do so I could possibly model after it, I'd then say I'd be in on this full time.

Email   IP Logged
Donna_137698
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - Jul 2nd, 2013, 8:45am

by the way, had a chuckle this morning - sold three cards at 30 cents each - but hey, it's three cards!!!

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Jul 2nd, 2013, 9:28am

Congrats, Donna. That's a start. I've only sold one, so you're ahead of me.

Email   IP Logged
Donna_137698
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - Jul 2nd, 2013, 12:34pm

Hey, it is one more closer to the new threshold!!

by the way, since there isn't much activity with this thread or additional folks interested, why not just start with the small group and see what happens - even two or three starting this off is better than none.  

I am going to see what comes of some answers to posts made and see about getting the cards I have ready from previous submissions (to be series) uploaded for consideration.  This will be a last ditch effort but they are ready to go - so what have I got to loose?

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.