Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 
New Card Review Dates for your Reference (Read 13392 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

New Card Review Dates for your Reference
Jun 7th, 2013, 3:46pm

In an effort to better set your expectations on the card review process we have added the following new features.

1. Card Submit date for each card in your Manage Cards
2. Reviewing Cards Submitted On date on Admin Settings page (look to right sidebar)

Reviewing Cards  
Submitted on:
04/15/13  

With these two pieces of data artists should have a better expectation as to how long their card has been waiting and approximately how long until it is their card's turn in front of the review team.  

I have some trepidation about #2 above.  However I feel that the more information you have, the better informed you are and hopefully the more understanding and patient you will be.  

Please don't assume that if your card was submitted on the same date listed on Reviewing Cards Submitted that it will be reviewed that same day.  Just know that you are close.  This will provide you with an APPROXIMATION.  The number of cards that get submitted and reviewed each day is HIGHLY variable.

Honestly, if this causes more grief, sleepless nights, card counting and complaining I will not hesitate to remove it.   cry    

Ok, there you have it.  Let me know what you think.       I'll be checking back in here on Monday.

** update 10/24/2013 ** Once in a while an old card gets into the mix, an errant card, and causes the date displayed to be seemingly off.  Please don't be alarmed this usually corrects itself within a few hours.  
As previously reported here:
 http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1380249358/0#0

« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2013, 3:12pm by Mindy »  
Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Re: New Card Review Dates for your Reference
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2013, 3:57pm

Thank you, Mindy. That definitely will give us an idea of when we can possibly expect our cards to be reviewed. Like my hubby says, "knowing you have to wait six or seven weeks is much better than not knowing anything." It's the unknown that drives you crazy. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Cathy_151407
artist

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2013, 3:58pm

Awesome! Thank You, Mindy!

Email   IP Logged
Rosalie_136698
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2013, 4:04pm

Great idea Mindy, sounds like a win, win.

Email   IP Logged
Tracie_152843
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2013, 4:16pm

Yay! This feature (esp. #1) I am excited about. I always have to go back through my emails of when a card is approved to find out how long I've had it on the market, now I can just look in my back office to see when I submitted (assuming that info will stay after a card is approved  Cheesy )

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_133229
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2013, 4:18pm

You always find a way to help out the artists, and create a great environment and experience for all.  

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2013, 4:22pm

I think it is a great idea.     Just a thought... you might use the words: "Submitted on or about: 4/15/2013 or Submitted approximately: 4/15/2013"  
That would give reviewers some wiggle room, and help artists who join or haven't seen this post understand it is only an estimated time  Wink  

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2013, 4:25pm

Love it!  

Email   IP Logged
Robin_134252
artist

Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2013, 4:38pm

Great additions  

Email   IP Logged
Ramelle_149580
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Jun 7th, 2013, 4:44pm

Thanks, Mindy. Since the beginning of the year, I have been putting the submission date at the bottom of every Note to Reviewer whenever I make a new card and submit it. This has helped me set realistic expectations concerning the review process. (Of course, it also make me grumble a bit when I see that a card has been in the queue for 7 weeks . . .) Still, I think this new feature will be very valuable, especially for those new to GCU.
Thanks for doing all you can to keep us temperamental artists happy.  

Email   IP Logged
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Jun 7th, 2013, 4:51pm

Hi Mindy!

Great idea!  

Email   IP Logged
Charlyn_193697
GCU Newbies

Reply #11 - Jun 7th, 2013, 5:02pm

That definitely helps, love it!  

Any news on my resubmitted cards, I have several in one series that were resubmitted on May 4th and still have not by reviewed or an email back if they are correct, any information on them would be great Smiley

CW Designs - Customizable Holiday Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/CWDesignsHolidayCards
Email   IP Logged
Christi_179654
artist

Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2013, 5:30pm

I've been tracking this and other information on my submitted cards for quite a while now, in a separate file.  This will definitely make tracking card time frames easier - thanks, Mindy!

Now if we all remember (and try to let newer folks know) that the second one is approximate, it could work out really well.

-Christi

Email   IP Logged
Marie_134287
artist

Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2013, 5:31pm

This is good news and I think it will be very helpful. Thanks so much for your effort.

Email   IP Logged
Janet_134086
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - Jun 7th, 2013, 5:37pm

Very nice feature, great job Mindy & Team!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.