Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

copyright on patterns? (Read 1857 times)
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

copyright on patterns?
Apr 15th, 2013, 9:03am

I want to purchase some patterned paper to make some scrapbook style designs. Can I do this without messing with copyright?

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Re: copyright on patterns?
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2013, 9:07am

Many people who create digital scrapbook paper will give permission. Look for CU4CU paper. Hope that helps. One of them is Trina Clark.

http://digiscrapkits.com/digiscraps/

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2013, 9:23am

The general answer to your question is, no you can not do that without messing with copyright.

However, as Sherry mentioned there are millions of patterns out there that are not only okay for CU and CU4CU, but also FREE.

Find those patterns and create away!

Be sure to make note of where you find your patterns so you can give the link in the Note to Reviewer section and you'll be on your way.

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2013, 12:49pm

Hi Angela, Below is a link to one of my blogs (that I really don't keep up with) that has a sampler of digital scrap papers that I offered for free for personal use. Four are patterned and two are plain. I don't mind if any of them suit your needs if you used them for your cards. I wouldn't mind if anyone at GCU wanted to use them. No credit is required.  
You need to scroll down to Dec. 24th 1st edition papers. I hope they can be of use to you. Just right click and save. They are 3600 px by 3600 px at 300 dpi. Have a great day!

http://wordsmeetart.wordpress.com/

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.