Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Designs and Verses (Read 1547 times)
Cheryl_200935
GCU Newbies

Designs and Verses
Feb 18th, 2013, 7:42am

Morning all, I was hoping putting up my designs in form of cards would be an interesting idea as well as getting a foot in the door of graphic artistry. A friend of mine directed me to this site. I don't use photos I can't take very good pictures, and I am rather average in the design field. Verses and poems are rather corny  and I kind of fail in poetry.  

I haven't really sold anything and wondering if it is due to the fact that I have no photos or any real pictures on the cards. My specialty is typography art, but even then I may use another person's brushes, which I am trying to change that and making my own.

Since my poetry isn't the best, I was thinking of just changing the verses to something simple and let the costumer fill in what ever they want.

Also is anyone else having problems with the inside of the card, seems as though for three days now when I go to edit the inside of the card I can't seem to be able to edit it?

I have gone and viewed many other artist cards and I have to say I have seen many that are really pretty, interesting and creative  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Lj_135293
Gold Member
artist

Re: Designs and Verses
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2013, 7:54am

Ahhh ...  the dreaded double postings.  This particular forum is notorious for this.   I find once you hit submit and watch it spin it has actually posted already.  Just clicking to submit once then opening a 2nd browser to view the forum in another window you will see that most likely it has posted.  You can not delete in the forum either but you can backspace and write over it all for a brief period of time anyway~

The Lj Maxx Greeting Card Store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LjMaxx
Email   IP Logged
Sandra_137209
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2013, 8:00am

I had a look at your cards. I see nothing that needs to be changed. Your inside messages are fine.  
I can't write poetry, most of my inside message are more on the lines of something you would just say to the person recieving the card.  

When I write an inside message, I just put myself in the place of the sender and try to match my thoughts to the image on the front. For instance, if the image is light and humorous, I try to keep the message light and humourous. If the image is more formal or flowery, I try to keep the message along a similar line.
 Poems are not neccesary at all. I do have an occasional nice verse just pop into my head, but most of my cards are just simple expressions of feelings. It seems to work.

I think your cards are fine. Just keep on doing what you are doing.
I was designing here for a year before I made my first pay out. It just takes time and perseverance.  
grandmasandy

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2013, 8:02am

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.