Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Demographics - Has GCU shared? (Read 1672 times)
Boon_211227
GCU Newbies

Demographics - Has GCU shared?
Feb 7th, 2013, 7:23am

Has GCU ever shared the buyer demographics?  Sex, race, age, location, etc.  While I could continue to make cards that make me laugh, as a male, white, age 45-55, upper middle class, southerner it may not translate into sales.  I heard a comment regarding sales a long time ago "you may not be your customer"...hence if the demo is 22 yr old, black, females, from Ohio, then you better bet that is the market I'll cater to.

Email   IP Logged
Boon_211227
GCU Newbies

Re: Demographics - Has GCU shared?
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2013, 7:40am

Sorry ya'll.  The website kept throwing up an error.  I couldn't tell the post was up loaded.   Now I don't know how to delete other ones.

Email   IP Logged
Lj_135293
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2013, 7:55am

Hi Boon,  

I have never seen that type of pertinent info shared on the site although I may have missed it if it was. I too am curious to know more about that.  On the delete a post thing though ... You can not.  You can however change (for a limited amount of time) what you wrote via edit/modify but that is it~  

The Lj Maxx Greeting Card Store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LjMaxx
Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2013, 8:10am

David, just so you know, this posting error has been around a long time and is forum software problem, not a GCU problem ... so not likely to get fixed, however; rather than continuing to hit the post button when it seems 'stuck', instead go open a new window in the forum and look for your post - 99% of the time it has posted just fine, regardless of the error message - every time you click the pots button, it posts again.

This seems to primarily be an issue with New Threads rather than posts ... just to let you know Smiley

As Lj, I have never seen the demographics either.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2013, 2:40pm

We have not shared this however with the paper greeting card market in general reported by the Greeting Card Association you can make some relevant correlations:
http://www.greetingcard.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=CZqwLBz9ITQ%3d&tabid=2 79

GCU will deviate with:
* wider range of "popular" card selling occasions (uncommon)
* worldwide sales
* online only sales

Hope that helps you a bit.

Email   IP Logged
Boon_211227
GCU Newbies

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2013, 7:04pm

Wow....Again Mindy you rock.   Shocked  That's "again", If you are in fact the same Mindy I replied to in my earlier post on another manner.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.