Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
Social Media - Twitter (Read 5737 times)
Rosemary_205093

Social Media - Twitter
Feb 3rd, 2013, 1:30pm

I know everyone is facebook this and facebook that and I am going to have my husband start a page for my GCU site (he's on FB, I'm not,) but I really like Twitter for marketing, and have Twitter accounts for shops I have on the other POD site that rhymes with razzle.

Here's my Twitter (and this one is linked to GCU) - follow me and tweet me with a link to your store.  I'll follow back AND retweet your link on my other accounts (totaling over 3000 follower between them) unless your link has to do with boozing, adult humor or blasphemy since my other accounts are linked to sober cards and Roman Catholic cards.  Wink

(By the way - GCU has a Twitter account and they promise to follow if you follow them AND you are a GCU artist.  Well, I've been following for a couple weeks now, and still no followback.)

I'm looking forward to some follow-ers AND some follow-ing and lots of card tweets!
www.twitter.com/petsympathy

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Re: Social Media - Twitter
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 1:38pm

Thank you, Rosemary, that's a very nice offer. I haven't started a Twitter account or Facebook Account for the store yet, since I'm fairly new.

Here's my store link - Dog Tags And Combat Boots Military Cards:

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/dogtagsandcombatboots  

Again, Thank you.

Email   IP Logged
Sarah_218087
GCU Newbies

Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:13pm

Thanks Rosemary! Very nice of you.

I JUST got my Twitter account up the other day, so I'm definitely taking you up on that! I'm still learning how to use it, actually. Smiley

I tweeted you!

Email   IP Logged
Sarah_218087
GCU Newbies

Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:16pm

Sherry, even though you don't have Twitter yet, I shouted out your site for you anyway Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:26pm

Thank you, Sarah, I really appreciate that.

Love your little Westie card.  Great job. I had a Westie years ago. They're a hyper, but loving little dog. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Rosemary_205093

Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:26pm

Sherry, you've been tweeted and retweeted.  Sarah ... your site won't load  Sad but I am following you and will check in later to tweet and retweet you, as well!

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:30pm

Thank you, Rosemary. Makes my day, which happens to be my B-Day a very happy one.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sarah_218087
GCU Newbies

Reply #7 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:37pm

Thanks Rosemary! Try my site again? - Network Solutions has had problems all day off and on. It loaded just now so it should load for you too.

Sherry, I've never owned a Westie, in fact I never even knew about the breed until I did the original painting as a commission for someone who does have one. I don't do many commissions but I loved his ears so much I had to do it! Plus the dog is getting old and my customer wanted something to remember the him by... Then I took the painting and digitally edited it for that card. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:42pm

I have a Twitter account, but ...

I usually un-follow those who tweet every two minutes about their products, personal thing I guess, but to me it's like spam.  Getting 8, 10 or 15 tweets only 1 minute apart for item after item is just not treating potential customers and your followers with the respect they deserve, thus I don't pay a lot of attention to twitter anymore.

Any other thoughts on this?  

https://twitter.com/salonofart

Email   IP Logged
Rosemary_205093

Reply #9 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:47pm

Sarah, I tried it this time, and it worked!  Smiley Tweeted and retweeted to my other Twitter accounts.  I, too, love your Westie card.  I have a sympathy card for a Westie on my GCU site now (I do a lot of digital silhouette work for these cards.  ♥ Photoshop for it, am also learning Illustrator.)
Here's my card:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/sympathy-cards/loss-of-pet/dog/pet-sympathy- vintage-silhouette-card-1013085?aid=205093

I've been told I've over-niched myself by the more experienced artists here at GCU. They could be right.

Email   IP Logged
Sarah_218087
GCU Newbies

Reply #10 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:49pm

Happy Birthday Sherry! Here's a Facebook link to one of my birthday cards lol (since mine are still all waiting-for-approval from GCU):  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=377570062339320&set=pb.3318814702415 13.-2207520000.1359931627&type=3&theater

Doreen, I hear ya! No worries from me - I generally try to space out my Facebook posts and such, and I plan on doing the same with Twitter. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sarah_218087
GCU Newbies

Reply #11 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:54pm

Rosemary, thank you so much - who knew Westies were so popular!? I didn't! LOL

I just learned Photoshop only about two months ago - but I have found it to be so much fun that I can't seem to get off of it now.

What do you mean by "over-niched" yourself? Is that like "typecast"? I always thought it was a good thing to be known for something particular.

Email   IP Logged
Rosemary_205093

Reply #12 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:58pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:42pm:
I have a Twitter account, but ...

I usually un-follow those who tweet every two minutes about their products, personal thing I guess, but to me it's like spam.  Getting 8, 10 or 15 tweets only 1 minute apart for item after item is just not treating potential customers and your followers with the respect they deserve, thus I don't pay a lot of attention to twitter anymore.

Any other thoughts on this?

https://twitter.com/salonofart

Well I guess if one has a twitter account called "petsympathy" (my other ones are recovery_cards and catholic_cards) folks would expect tweets about ... cards.  You're right about the constant tweet tweet tweet of products ... a little of that goes a long way.  Twitter is fun, though, and often folks will check out your site if your tweets are clever, especially following trends.  I like Twitter so much better than FB.  FB is just so ... facey.  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Rosemary_205093

Reply #13 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 3:01pm

Quote from Sherry_205423 on Feb 3rd, 2013, 2:30pm:
Thank you, Rosemary. Makes my day, which happens to be my B-Day a very happy one.  Smiley

Happy Birthday, Sherry!  And guess what? This post has put me over the 50 posts mark, so now I shouldn't have the big fat Newbie single star.   Grin

Email   IP Logged
Rosemary_205093

Reply #14 - Feb 3rd, 2013, 3:03pm

My husband is now taking over the computer to watch the SuperBowl.  Our Patriots lost, so I guess it's "Go Ravens."  Or is it "Go 49ers"? Dunno.  I'll check out this thread later.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.