Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Add your Facebook Fan Page link here (Read 8495 times)
Lisa_131617
artist

Re: Add your Facebook Fan Page link here
Reply #15 - Jan 25th, 2013, 7:03am

Dear Tracie, Thank you SO much for your VERY informative How to play the like game blog. Thanks for explaining the hows and whys (and my apologies for breaking etiquette rule #1 on two fellow GCU artisan pages. I didn't post that I'd just liked their page and ask them to please like mine back BUT I did post my facebook page link saying that I was new to having a FB business page too, with that in mind. Won't break the rule again. Smiles, Lisa)
Tracie, is there a convenient way of liking with both business and personal pages without having to edit the using as link back and forth, over and over? Your blog explains the two way street of liking with your business page too but just wondering, is that much different than breaking etiquette rule number one to not post page link on a fellow GCU artisan's page? Cheers, Lisa

Email   IP Logged
Tracie_152843
Gold Member
artist

Reply #16 - Jan 25th, 2013, 7:08am

Quote from Lisa_131617 on Jan 25th, 2013, 7:03am:
Dear Tracie, Thank you SO much for your VERY informative How to play the like game blog. Thanks for explaining the hows and whys (and my apologies for breaking etiquette rule #1 on two fellow GCU artisan pages. I didn't post that I'd just liked their page and ask them to please like mine back BUT I did post my facebook page link saying that I was new to having a FB business page too, with that in mind. Won't break the rule again. Smiles, Lisa)
Tracie, is there a convenient way of liking with both business and personal pages without having to edit the using as link back and forth, over and over? Your blog explains the two way street of liking with your business page too but just wondering, is that much different than breaking etiquette rule number one to not post page link on a fellow GCU artisan's page? Cheers, Lisa

Hi Lisa  Smiley I'm not quite sure what you mean? (I have baby brain really bad right now, lol..7mos pregnant!) Could you explain it again?

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131617
artist

Reply #17 - Jan 25th, 2013, 7:26am

Congratulations Tracie on having baby brain! Namely, I'm just wondering how you like with your business page and then your personal page. Do you have to change who you are using facebook as? Regardless whether or not I've gone to my personal page or my business page first, my like registers from my personal page. I can see where I can change to my business page but such would be  inconvenient to be switching back and forth. As for my other query (made with a smile), I can see the benefit of posting a comment under my business page name on a customer's page so that their friend's see such too but feel that posting a comment under my business page name (versus personal page) on a fellow GCU artisan's page is akin to posting a link to that page (hense breaking your blog's etiquette rule #1). Yet, I do understand and appreciate all your reasons and cross promotion benefits for liking both from personal and business pages that you mention in your blog. Great blog... for those that haven't seen Tracie's blog on playing the facebook like game, it's  http://photographytkdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/11/how-to-play-facebook-like-game. html Cheers, Lisa

Email   IP Logged
Natalie_152060
Gold Member
artist

Reply #18 - Jan 25th, 2013, 7:30am

@Lisa yes you are absolutely right   ..... Edited to add that I was saying you're right to opt for liking from Personal page. I hadn't realised there had been so much more discussion before I wrote this response. I'm on iPad and the view of this thread is more limited

@Tracie Had liked your page already from my personal page, but just added a business page like as well. Thanks too for the link to your article, I'll definitely be giving that a read, thanks  

Natalie
http://www.facebook.com/natkphoto

Email   IP Logged
Tracie_152843
Gold Member
artist

Reply #19 - Jan 25th, 2013, 7:49am

@Lisa, thanks for re-explaining  Cheesy What I do when liking with personal and business pages is: I become a fan with my personal page, switch to my business page and hit the back button and like it again...I prefer to comment with my personal page too because I like to know if the page responds to what I say, but I used to always comment with my business page because my family and friends didn't care for seeing all my photography stuff...I wrote the article when EVERYTHING you liked showed up in your feed and I kept spamming my family with all my 'liking' pictures! Now FB has fixed this (to some extent anyway).  

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131617
artist

Reply #20 - Jan 25th, 2013, 8:17am

Thanks Tracie, I just tried it and was able to easily switch between 'identities'. Perhaps FB will save us the back button step in future. Oh yes, FB has made spammers out of all of us! Smiles, Lisa

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #21 - Jan 25th, 2013, 8:45am

Quote from Natalie_152060 on Jan 25th, 2013, 1:54am:
Hi Janet, your artwork is lovely Smiley  

However, I think your link leads to a personal page though rather than a fan/business page, which means that people would have to 'friend' rather than 'like'.  I readily admit thought that I am the worlds worst with Facebook, it totally confuses me lol

You are correct Natalie. Strongly suggest you get a fan page (business page) Janet, much better for business and many (like me) consider friends someone I am close to so we won't follow you unless we can Like a page, rather than be a friend  cry

http://www.facebook.com/SalonOfArt

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Jan 25th, 2013, 10:29am

I visted all the pages and liked them. So many great business pages. Just curious. Do you find it helps your sales?

I don't now how to make a business FB page. I do have a personal one. How do I make a separate entity?

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131617
artist

Reply #23 - Jan 25th, 2013, 10:45am

Hi Sherry, To create a business page in FB, from your personal page you'll see a link box 'Create Page' or if not, scroll to the bottom and there is a link for Create a Page. Click on this and after that it's just filling in the links. I just recently did it and it was learn as I did it. Hope that helps. Let us know when you're ready, would be pleased to like your page. Cheers, Lisa

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Jan 25th, 2013, 10:47am

Thanks Lisa.

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_214209

Reply #25 - Jan 25th, 2013, 10:51am

I think that I have LIKED many of your fan pages... but if I missed someone let me know. It is good to share and network with like-minded creatives. Smiley

Also, I have took a creative webinar that mentioned you rank better in Facebook standings once you reach the 500 mark for likes - since I use FB often to post new work, this would certainly be a great goal to shoot for.
Thanks everyone!

La Belle Paperie, Artistic Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LaBellePaperie
Email   IP Logged
janet_189076

Reply #26 - Jan 25th, 2013, 11:00am

Hi again, someone suggested I should get a business page. Reading all this really useful info. I think that I do have a business page, Customizable Products, though I did post the wrong link first time, some one kindly told me, and I posted the right link. I'll put it here again. I may be mistaking a Page, for a Business Page Roll Eyes, Help, if I still have got it wrong http://www.facebook.com/#!/CustomizableClothing

Email   IP Logged
Natalie_152060
Gold Member
artist

Reply #27 - Jan 25th, 2013, 11:01am

Thanks for the info Lisa - right new target 500 likes Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Tracie_152843
Gold Member
artist

Reply #28 - Jan 25th, 2013, 11:32am

Quote from Sherry_205423 on Jan 25th, 2013, 10:29am:
I visted all the pages and liked them. So many great business pages. Just curious. Do you find it helps your sales?

I don't now how to make a business FB page. I do have a personal one. How do I make a separate entity?

I'm not FB obsessed, honest!  Grin But here is another blog article I wrote on setting up a FB page...I wrote it a while back ago, so things might have changed since then, but maybe it will come in handy

http://photographytkdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/08/setting-up-facebook-fan-page.ht ml

Email   IP Logged
Sherry_205423
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Jan 25th, 2013, 1:14pm

Thanks, Tracie.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.