Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 
Artists card widgets – Must upgrade by Oct.15 (Read 9643 times)
Paul_133784
GCU Administrator
artist

Artists card widgets – Must upgrade by Oct.15
Oct 5th, 2012, 1:18pm

Attention all artists using the Artist Card Widget on your blog or site:

Since our ‘One Hour Pick up at Target Stores’ feature is becoming very popular, the Artist Card Widget has been upgraded to include promotion for this service and a few other improvements.    If you have the Artist Card Widget on your site(s) or blogs(s), we need you to remove the current version and replace it with the new one as soon as possible, and no later than end of day Tuesday, October 9th.   Doing so by this date gets you one entry into a drawing for a $100 Amazon gift card.  

The old card widget will not be supported after October 15th, 2012.   To get the code for the new widget simply log into your artist account on GCU, and then go to this page: www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/card_widget.asp    Remember to choose the style you want before copying the code.  

Thank you in advance for your cooperation, and your ongoing support of GCU.  We hope the new widget will increase your card sales this Holiday season.  If you have any questions about this change, please let me know.

Thank you
Paul

« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012, 4:46pm by Paul_133784 »  
  IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: Artists card widgets – Mandatory upgrade this
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2012, 2:10pm

Hi Paul!

I did add the new widget code to my sites yesterday, but I wondered ...

Is is safe to assume that if we received the emails which went out a few weeks ago about widgets on our site(s), and we took care of those sites ... can I be confident that I don't have the old widget on another site somewhere?

I have so many sites  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Paul_133784
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2012, 2:20pm

Hi Doreen,  

Thank you for making the switch.  

You bring up a good point that I'm guessing some other artists may be wondering about as well.

This forum post and the email you received in the past few days are about the "artist card widget", which is different than the "GCU badge."  As you mentioned, a few weeks ago if you had the GCU badge on your site(s), we asked you to remove it.    

So if you are one of the artists that had the GCU badge on your site(s) and removed that badge, it's possible you may still have the soon-to-expire artist card widget on those same site(s).   While we asked you to remove the GCU badge completely, we are asking you to update the artist card widget with the new version of it.

I hope that helps to clarify the situation.

Paul

IP Logged
Mary__137064
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2012, 2:43pm

Thanks! I'll do it!

Bright's Greeting Card Boutique:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/Bright
Email   IP Logged
Trish_136241
artist

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2012, 2:52pm

I don't see a the Target store button on Style 1.

Am I  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Email   IP Logged
Renae_139784
artist

Reply #5 - Oct 5th, 2012, 2:56pm

I added the widget to my site www.FrankzPawPrintz.com BUT the Box holding the card covers the store name!

Email   IP Logged
Paul_133784
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2012, 3:21pm

Quote from Trish_136241 on Oct 5th, 2012, 2:52pm:
I don't see a the Target store button on Style 1.

Am I  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Trish, you are not loco  Smiley  Unfortunately Style 1 is not large enough to include the Target promotion.

IP Logged
Elaine_182164
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #7 - Oct 5th, 2012, 3:24pm

Nice!  Added to my website - it's great to let people know they are available at Target!  

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Oct 5th, 2012, 3:30pm

Quote from Paul_133784 on Oct 5th, 2012, 2:20pm:
Hi Doreen,

You bring up a good point that I'm guessing some other artists may be wondering about as well.

This forum post and the email you received in the past few days are about the "artist card widget", which is different than the "GCU badge."  As you mentioned, a few weeks ago if you had the GCU badge on your site(s), we asked you to remove it.  

So if you are one of the artists that had the GCU badge on your site(s) and removed that badge, it's possible you may still have the soon-to-expire artist card widget on those same site(s).   While we asked you to remove the GCU badge completely, we are asking you to update the artist card widget with the new version of it.

Paul

It almost anwsers my question ... I knew the difference between badges and widgets, so that's one of the reasons I asked.

So, there is no way for GCU to tell if there are widgets out there and where they are?  Guess I best get a hunt'in  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Paul_133784
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #9 - Oct 5th, 2012, 3:47pm

Quote from Renae_139784 on Oct 5th, 2012, 2:56pm:
I added the widget to my site www.FrankzPawPrintz.com BUT the Box holding the card covers the store name!

Hi Renae, this is because you made the title of your box too long.  It must only be one line or it will result in the problem you are having.   If you shorten the title, then grab the code again, that should fix the problem.

Paul

IP Logged
Paul_133784
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #10 - Oct 5th, 2012, 4:22pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Oct 5th, 2012, 3:30pm:
Hi Doreen,

Paul

It almost anwsers my question ... I knew the difference between badges and widgets, so that's one of the reasons I asked.

So, there is no way for GCU to tell if there are widgets out there and where they are?  Guess I best get a hunt'in  Grin

Well, I can tell you that we have managed to get the artists to remove every single one of the GCU badges that we are aware of.   As far as the Artist Card Widgets go, I do have a list of all the sites we believe to have them before we started this removal effort, but do not want to post it here.  I'll send you a personal forum message.

IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Oct 6th, 2012, 1:24pm

Quote from Paul_133784 on Oct 5th, 2012, 4:22pm:
Quote from Doreen_137017 on Oct 5th, 2012, 3:30pm:
Hi Doreen,

Paul

Well, I can tell you that we have managed to get the artists to remove every single one of the GCU badges that we are aware of.   As far as the Artist Card Widgets go, I do have a list of all the sites we believe to have them before we started this removal effort, but do not want to post it here.  I'll send you a personal forum message.

Hi Paul, I sent you a personal message as well ... when I emailed you, I received a failure to deliver message, so please look in your GCU message box when you get a chance and email me.  Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Susan_Alison_132784
artist

Reply #12 - Oct 8th, 2012, 9:02am

Hi - emails I send to GCU always come back so I'm pasting my latest email in here - ref widget:

Hi Corrie

I have switched to the new code on my blog: www.MontyandRosie.blogspot.com

All the best

Susan

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #13 - Oct 8th, 2012, 9:06am

I have changed my 'widget' twice now, it shows the new Target info and then, that info disappears, as it has again.

I got another email to change the widget this morning, which I have twice now!

Puzzled!

Cherie

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/Cheries_Art

Email   IP Logged
Robert_135612
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #14 - Oct 8th, 2012, 8:28pm

Done, thank you!  http://www.valleyvisions.org/

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.