Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

question about "sell this card" feature (Read 757 times)
Senthea_190970
GCU Newbies

question about "sell this card" feature
Sep 16th, 2012, 9:12am

I am adding a shopping page to my blog site for people to purchase my designs.  I want to add links directly to my cards.  

I notice that the sell this card feature says that I will get paid 50 cents for each card I sell...is that just for my card or any of the cards sold that are directed to GCU from that link?  

Also, if I sell my own card, do I just get the 50 cents or do I get my usual $0.60 or % as well?  

Does the link link to my account to get paid or do I need an affiliate account to sell my own cards this way?  

Thank you, I tried doing search, but was not entirely sure I was clear on how that works.  

Does anyone use this feature successfully, or is it better to use my own graphic and link to my site for a direct sale?

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: question about "sell this card" feature
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2012, 9:46am

Quote from Senthea_190970 on Sep 16th, 2012, 9:12am:
I am adding a shopping page to my blog site for people to purchase my designs.  I want to add links directly to my cards.  

I notice that the sell this card feature says that I will get paid 50 cents for each card I sell...is that just for my card or any of the cards sold that are directed to GCU from that link?  

Also, if I sell my own card, do I just get the 50 cents or do I get my usual $0.60 or % as well?  

Does the link link to my account to get paid or do I need an affiliate account to sell my own cards this way?  

Thank you, I tried doing search, but was not entirely sure I was clear on how that works.  

Does anyone use this feature successfully, or is it better to use my own graphic and link to my site for a direct sale?

Hi Senthea,

I use these links for my cards and to promote other artist's cards all the time, so I think I can answer your questions.

** "is that just for my card or any of the cards sold that are directed to GCU from that link?"  - This is for any card(s) (yours or not) purchased by a NEW customer who shops at GCU by visiting through your link (which has your unique referral code embedded into it).  

**"if I sell my own card, do I just get the 50 cents or do I get my usual $0.60 or % as well?" - You get both, again IF it was a new customer.

**"Does the link link to my account to get paid or do I need an affiliate account to sell my own cards this way?" - as long as you use the Sell This Card link (which you have to be logged in to see) OR your widget, it will be tied to your account and you'll be paid.

As mentioned above, I've used this feature for a couple of years and have made hundreds of dollars by promoting both mine and other artists.

Good luck!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.