Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 
Target Rollout Update - Need Your Help (Read 7112 times)
Mike_47592
GCU Administrator
artist

Target Rollout Update - Need Your Help
Jul 12th, 2012, 10:51am

Over the past several weeks we have been rolling out more Target stores across the United States for GCU’s in-store pickup offering.  Card buyer feedback has been very good and both GCU and Kodak are very happy with the results to date.  There have been a few kinks but we’ve addressed them quickly and proactively.  As of today, we have all available Target stores online.  There are approximately 1,050 stores of which 469 were added this week.  These 469 stores are still considered in test mode as they have not gone through the process of having a card ordered, printed and having someone physically look at the printed card.  

We could use your help!  
If you live near one of these 469 stores (View the 469 Stores) and would like to help,  please place an order selecting the in-store pickup option for pickup in the store near you (if the store does not show up when selected it could be offline for maintenance reasons so you will have to try again at a later time).  Pick up the card, examine it for quality and send GCU your feedback.  Post on this thread the Target location near you that you’ll be testing so other artists do not test the same store.

There are three specific things to examine:  
1.      is the image on the front of the card centered with the white border being very close to symmetrical around the image (it will not be exact but to the naked eye pretty close)?
2.      is the text on the inside of the card straight?
3.      make sure the paper used is scored greeting card paper and not flimsy photo paper and not perforated paper

To give us your feedback please email us at Support@greetingcarduniverse identifying:  
1.      Your artist id#
2.      Target store address and store number (found at check out and on your order confirmation email – it is the #TXXXX number)  
3.       if the front image is centered
4.      the white border is symmetrical to the naked eye
5.      if the inside text is straight
6.      paper quality used (remember Target uses 100# cardstock vs. GCU that uses 111# cardstock).

Provide any other comments as to the quality of the card or pickup process that you think are relevant.  If needed, please send us a picture of the card.

Kodak’s service team will similarly be testing these stores over the next couple of months.  

Your assistance is greatly appreciated and needed!  Thank you very much.

If you are interested in all 1,050 available Target stores you can go here - Complete list of stores.  If you want to see available Target stores near you, click on In-store pickup in the top header of any GCU page and type your zip code into the "Find Store" area.

Mike

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2012, 12:42pm by Shaun_131054 »  
Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Re: Target Rollout Update - Need Your Help
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2012, 2:22pm

Congrats, Mike, on 1050 stores!

It doesn't look like there are any stores on the list in Oregon, so does that mean that they've been tested?

I still might try it, just to see how the card turns out.

Thanks!

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_133229
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2012, 2:54pm

That is very exciting!  I see at least 2 stores that I can test and will do so after our upcoming vacation!

Email   IP Logged
Mike_47592
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2012, 3:48pm

Penny,

All the Oregon stores have been tested.  There is a link in my post to all the stores "Complete list of stores" where you will see the stores in Oregon.  Or better yet, just go to the In-store pickup link and type in your zip code.  It will list any store within 100 miles of your zip code.

Have a great vacation.

Mike

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2012, 4:36pm

Thanks for the info,  Mike!

And for Sandra, enjoy your vacation!

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Brenda_135485
artist

Reply #5 - Jul 14th, 2012, 11:40am

Ok, I picked up a card yesterday and am sending my feedback now.  The store I used is

TARGET #T0240
6100 SHINGLE CREEK PKWY
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430

I am very pleased.      

Email   IP Logged
Jay_134502
artist

Reply #6 - Jul 14th, 2012, 3:32pm

Mike,
I ordered a card to be printed at #239 (Columbia, MO).  After the order was processed it was going to be printed at #752 (Jefferson City, MO).  I called the Jefferson City Target and they said the Columbia, MO photo lab was now closed down.  He also said their lab in Jefferson City would be closing next month.  So I cancelled my order.  No need to evaluate either Target photo lab since they are now closed or will be closing.
Jay

Email   IP Logged
Lj_135293
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Jul 14th, 2012, 8:34pm

I would have liked to try it here but I can not find any stores in all of Ct. that offer it yet. Sad

The Lj Maxx Greeting Card Store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LjMaxx
Email   IP Logged
Sandra_133229
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Jul 16th, 2012, 8:14am

I am testing a couple of cards at TARGET #T2201  
4801 Mcknight Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
412-536-1807

There is another one I was planning to test, but while it shows on your new list, Mike, it does not show up as an option in my cart at checkout, so I will wait. 288 Mount Nebo Pointe Rd, Pittsburgh, PA

I will let you know what I find out when I pick up my order.

Email   IP Logged
Mike_47592
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #9 - Jul 16th, 2012, 11:49am

Lisa,

I just want to make sure you are referring to Connecticut?  If so there are 14 Target stores in that state.  I am not sure where you live to know if one is close to you.  Go to the "In-store pickup" link and type in your zip code and it will indicate if there is an active store within 100 miles of that zip code.  There is also a link in my original post that has a list of all stores.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_133229
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Jul 16th, 2012, 12:51pm

For everyone's benefit - I wanted to share with you how great the cards were the I picked up. The card stock was of a good weight, and the printing was good color, centered properly and everything looked and felt good and professionally printed.  

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131617
artist

Reply #11 - Jul 25th, 2012, 9:29am

Here in Canada, we do not have Target Stores. Target Corporation has announced it is taking over some of our Zeller's store leases. I am hopeful that this will mean Canadian Target stores when they take-over will have Net2retail print capability. The closest and only Zellers near to us is approx. 30 minutes drive each way so I am further hopeful that it will be one of the locations that becomes a Target Store. Just putting that on my wish list. Thanks. Lisa

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - Jul 25th, 2012, 8:35pm

http://business.financialpost.com/2012/07/12/target-announces-full-list-of-canad ian-store-openings-for-2013/

Discovered this and wonder if these branches will be part of the grand plan...

Email   IP Logged
Lisa_131617
artist

Reply #13 - Jul 25th, 2012, 8:46pm

YAY, Hope the Canadian stores will be part of the grand plan too. Thanks for the info Joan. Will look forward to Net2retail pick-up for Canada too by 2013 (PLEASE). Cheers, Lisa

Email   IP Logged
candace_131548
artist

Reply #14 - Jul 26th, 2012, 9:49am

Are there some Target stores that are not included in this deal? My local one is not listed in either list.
Target
(262) 248-5610 target.com
660 N Edwards Blvd, Lake Geneva, WI 53147
Did I miss something?
Candy

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_133229
Gold Member
artist

Reply #15 - Jul 26th, 2012, 10:12am

Candy,
Only the Target stores with a Photo Center can print our cards. My nearest Target store is not listed either, because it does not have a Photo Center. We have a kiosk to print photos, but that does not constitute a photo center.  Hope that helps.  Roll Eyes

Email   IP Logged
Mike_47592
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #16 - Jul 26th, 2012, 11:05am

Really good information about Target coming into Canada.  To date there has been no discussion of this.  It is probably too early.  I will though make sure it is on the discussion list with Kodak.

Thank you,
Mike

Email   IP Logged
Mike_47592
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #17 - Jul 26th, 2012, 11:11am

Candy,  

Sandra is correct in that all Target stores do not have a photo lab and not all Target stores have the Kodak duplex printers.  The store you mentioned is not an available store.  I do not know the exact reason but I think a good guess would be that the store is not equipped with the Net2Retail system.  Only around 1,100 of the 1,763 Target stores are so equipped.

Email   IP Logged
candace_131548
artist

Reply #18 - Jul 26th, 2012, 8:07pm

Thank you Sandra and Mike! That's a little disappointing, I was looking forward to testing one of my cards for GCU.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Alda_133805
artist

Reply #19 - Jul 31st, 2012, 7:55am

Sorry it took me so long to provide my feedback, but been busy. I had some cards printed at  
Target a few weeks ago.

200 Promenade Blvd  
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(732) 868-8333  

I was pleased with the quality. Card was centered, white border even, and inside was aligned properly.
The center fold of the card stock that was used was not exactly perforated, but not your traditional fold that you see on most cards. Not sure what I would call it. Although most of my cards are set up to print as matte and that's what I ordered, the paper has a slight gloss finish. Not complaining, just wondering if the customers will still have that option. Overall, I was pleased with the quality and the service.

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #20 - Aug 2nd, 2012, 8:36am

OK, GREAT!  

Let's work on getting the Battle Creek, Michigan store to participate!

Wink

Email   IP Logged
Sandra_133229
Gold Member
artist

Reply #21 - Aug 2nd, 2012, 8:49am

Mike,
I had seen another store on your testing list near me, but I didn't see it when I tried to order a card there.  
It is the Target at Mt. Nebo Point in Pittsburgh. Is it still available?  

Thanks,
Sandra

Email   IP Logged
KC_141411
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #22 - Aug 2nd, 2012, 1:38pm

Hi Sandra,

Do you know the zip code? I would be happy to check for you. If a Target is removed it is usually due to the printers being down or some sort of maintenance that is being done. As soon as everything is working correctly the store will become available online again.

Kindest regards,

KC

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #23 - Aug 21st, 2012, 1:33pm

Hi, I finally got the opportunity to use the Target printing service and I am very pleased with the outcome. The man at the counter said I was the first to have this done! I thought I was going to be really put off by the white border but it isn't as obtrusive as I suspected it might be. I don't get to Target often but I would not hesitate to use this service again. I used the Target store in Vestal,NY.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Marie_134287
artist

Reply #24 - Aug 21st, 2012, 3:22pm

I'm nowhere near a Target store, weep, weep because I love Target. But today I sold a Korean card at a Target store, that was fun.

Email   IP Logged
Sandy_132125
artist

Reply #25 - Oct 11th, 2012, 8:23am

Has anyone tested the Huntsville, Al store yet? I am about an hour from there...wish we had one in Florence, Al!...
I also want to say how positive this has been for my sales! Thank you!,
Sandy  Cool

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.