Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Cards pending and declined (Read 2161 times)
marivic_140612
GCU Newbies
artist

Cards pending and declined
May 21st, 2012, 6:43pm

Hi,  I don't understand why some of my cards were declined such as my Hawaiian thank you card which mahalo nui loa means thank you very much. My other cards were held when I made my own graphics. Please advice.

Email   IP Logged
Rosanne_132497
Gold Member
artist

Re: Cards pending and declined
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2012, 7:08pm

Do read through the emails that the card reviewer has sent you for the declined cards. The reason(s) for the decline will be there. Cards are placed on hold when a reviewer is getting a second opinion.

With regard to cards in a language other than English, it is helpful to the reviewers if you place an explanation in the Reviewer's notes. If you also want the general public to know, then place your explanation in the Artist's notes.

It is never pleasant to receive a decline but, personally, I view it as a learning opportunity. I have been told that I am a good photographer but I have had one decline since the new rules came in. When I looked at the declined image again objectively, I could see why.

Hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Rosanne

Red Rose Digital Art Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/RedRoseDigitalArt
Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2012, 8:29pm

If you look at the reason from the reviewer of the declines, you can then reference the Submission Guidelines listed in the wiki to see more information about that reason which may help you.

Email   IP Logged
Esperanza_137996
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2012, 7:07am

That happens to me and I really do not understand what is the point of view of the people that do this, maybe they do not like flowers or they don't like a painting........I think is a very personal thing.

Email   IP Logged
Paul_133086
artist

Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2012, 10:11am

If it's any consolation, there is not a lot of consistency in the review process. It really is subjective.  
I've had some (relatively) good selling cards later declined or returned for revisions.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.