Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 
NEW - Star Submitter Status (Read 13611 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

NEW - Star Submitter Status
Jan 27th, 2012, 3:58pm

Announcing a wonderful new incentive - Star Submitter status!  Along with bragging rights comes the privilege of expedited reviews.   Cool

We’re talking about effortless reviews, virtually perfect submissions ... categories, titles, keywords, verses, artist’s notes, composition, margin allowances, image quality, spelling, grammar, etc.  These are cards that prove to be the easiest of reviews but still undergo the same level of scrutiny and attention to detail by the review team as to not miss any random errors or suggested areas of improvement.

How will this work?  
On an ongoing basis the Card Review Team will nominate artists whose quality of work and consistency in applying GCU guidelines, virtually error free card submissions, deserve to be rewarded.  GCU staff will be final judge & jury on nomination confirmations.  

Once the Star Submitter status has been awarded ALL new card submissions by that artist (with the exception of Private – Waive Review cards) will automatically be flagged for expedient FastTrack-like reviews.  

When awarded this coveted status artists will receive a congratulatory email.  You can also see your Star Submitter status here in Global Preferences:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/edit_globals.asp

If you don't achieve Star Submitter status don’t despair as there is no penalty. Your reviews will remain business as usual.  If you have Star Submitter aspirations we suggest you scour and live by the Wiki, Forum and GCU Community Blog and use great care and pay attention to detail when you plan, create and submit your cards.

Please let us know if you have any questions and be sure to mind your ps and qs.   Wink

Email   IP Logged
Marita_139630
artist

Re: NEW - Star Submitter Status
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2012, 5:22pm

Wink sounds nice!

Email   IP Logged
Gerda_141408
artist

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2012, 7:54pm

Just wondering ...
is this judged by the number of submissions, that come in without mistakes - if so - how many does it take? And the other way, how many mistakes does it take to loose the star submitter status?  

I do think its a fair system - even I don't see big chances for me to become a star submitter.  Wink

Thank you!

Gerda

Email   IP Logged
Susan_142450
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2012, 9:21pm

Something to aspire to!
I can only hope to one day be awarded the honor!
 Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Donna_156115
artist

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2012, 9:35pm

Cheesy  Wow ! How nice...I think this will make me think a little more about categories, titles, keywords, and all the other things you said...

Thank you Mindy, for another new adventure...

Donna Collins

Email   IP Logged
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2012, 12:26am

I think this is great Mindy. Definitely something to aspire to!  

~ Laura

Email   IP Logged
Betsy_145102
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2012, 5:07am

This is a great idea! I am wishing on my lucky stars that one day I will be able to achieve Star Submitter!

Email   IP Logged
Cathie_131660
artist

Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2012, 7:53am

this sounds like a great incentive  

Email   IP Logged
Cynthia_132354
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #8 - Jan 28th, 2012, 7:55am

It all sounds good,and I'm not having a pop at anyone by the way. but I can't help but think that as I have a few new cards still waiting to be approved I will never be a "Star submitter"!  cry
I know I'm not the only one who is having problems with new card approvals,because I have seen it with my own eyes in the forum.

People have told me to use specific artwork to make a card out of, because the image speaks of "Thanksgiving,Sympathy etc,so I bow to the members knowledge and make cards that people speak of,yet still they sit there while the same old "Pending or Waiting for Approval" issue ties mine & others hands!
Can I ask Mindy,why it takes so long for the approvals?.
Is it to do with staffing or sheer volume of uploads because it would be good to know why it takes so long.
How can we ever achieve such a status when they are seldom approved. Sad
Maybe I am missing something. embarrassed

Email   IP Logged
Randall_140313
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Jan 28th, 2012, 11:13am

Perfection isn't someone elses interpretation - I wouldn't worry about aspiring for that, just work harder at submitting cards that meet the higher standards.   It may mean having to go over a card a second & a third time before you submit, but you are saving yourseelf time in the long run if a card is returned to you, not to mention the time of the review team and the grief for all.  

It doesn't hurt to review your submissions the following day or as needed before the review team has time to review them.  Many times a night of refreshing sleep or a day or two of seeing something else may help you see things you may have missed while you were working so hard originally submitting new material.

I don't really care a whole lot about the supposed 'pat on the back' for being a good little GCU artist, but the quicker reviews does sound good!  My first reaction to Mindy's announcement in nicer words of course, was, "I don't give a rat's behind about the status thing, just show me the dang money!"   Grin Grin Grin

But I do understand where they are coming from.  Anything that will give artists an incentive to do a better job, thus streamlining the process and if an incentive like this works, I'm in favor.  

Those of you that say you can't do it,  I think you can!!!  In fact, I know you can!

Best always, Randy

Email   IP Logged
Janet_134086
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Jan 29th, 2012, 12:28am

Working on achieving this goal as well!
Awesome incentive!
Janet Lee Smiley

Email   IP Logged
sarah_156107
artist

Reply #11 - Jan 29th, 2012, 2:55am

great incentive! i think every artist will try to aquire this, since it is an ongoing artist complaint....hope i make it!  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #12 - Jan 29th, 2012, 10:25am

I do agree with Randall,

Perfection isn't and can't be determined by any one individual ... but GCU has put things in place for us to stop and look more closely at our cards and store. It was a bit frustrating at first but I'm getting the hang of things and learning so much along the way. I know alot of you may not feel the same way if your cards seem to be continously declined but hang in there! And never stop trying!

I'm glad GCU has taken another small step to recognise artists.  

I wish everyone the best of luck in your endeavours to attain this goal (myself included).

Oma. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sandy_132125
artist

Reply #13 - Feb 29th, 2012, 4:30am

Awesome incentive, what a dream to have all cards fasttrackedSmiley))

Email   IP Logged
Evelyn_142919
artist

Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2012, 11:09pm

Star Submitter Status - it sounds great, but I really don't think it's attainable, or if it is, sustainable.

If I designed a card that I thought might not pass review, I wouldn't submit it in the first place. And yet, I still get 'resubmits' and 'declined' on a somewhat regular basis. I've come to accept these as the 'norm'. I'm sorry, but I don't see this new idea as an incentive.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.