Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 
Translation Assistance (Read 22950 times)
Ian_185359
GCU Newbies

Re: Translation Assistance
Reply #15 - Feb 10th, 2012, 11:26am

Hi, I have just uploaded a couple of Arabic Wedding Anniversary Cards and was hoping someone could confirm that the Arabic for "Happy Wedding Anniversary" = عرس العيد السعيد

The text here is a tad small, so if you would like to view one of the cards,  902263

Thanks.........Ian

Email   IP Logged
Irma_133930
artist

Reply #16 - Feb 15th, 2012, 4:51am

Hi,

As I haven't been very active on the Forum lately, I have forgotten how to contact /send another artist a message. So I'm wondering what would be the best way to tell someone if the foreign language on or inside their card makes no sense at all. Could you please help?

I have to say that I have been shocked to see that there are cards in some categories where the foreing language text is so wrong it sounds offensive in the language in question. There are also cards out there where the language is an odd combination of English and foreign words, and as a result makes no sense at all.

I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so I'm wondering what would be the best way to go about this. I would really appreciate your advice. It's just rather shockig to see offensive language on cards that should say the exact opposite.

Thanks,
Irma

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #17 - Feb 15th, 2012, 7:54am

Quote from Irma_133930 on Feb 15th, 2012, 4:51am:
Hi,

As I haven't been very active on the Forum lately, I have forgotten how to contact /send another artist a message. So I'm wondering what would be the best way to tell someone if the foreign language on or inside their card makes no sense at all. Could you please help?

I have to say that I have been shocked to see that there are cards in some categories where the foreing language text is so wrong it sounds offensive in the language in question. There are also cards out there where the language is an odd combination of English and foreign words, and as a result makes no sense at all.

I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so I'm wondering what would be the best way to go about this. I would really appreciate your advice. It's just rather shockig to see offensive language on cards that should say the exact opposite.

Thanks,
Irma

Hello Irma,

Just go to the artist's store front and click on their Contact Artist icon to send a message and be sure to let them know the PID so they can work to fix the cards.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Irma_133930
artist

Reply #18 - Feb 16th, 2012, 3:21am

Thanks Doreen!  Smiley

Irma

Email   IP Logged
Anastasia_156106
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #19 - Mar 16th, 2012, 10:24am

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Jan 5th, 2012, 7:52pm:
That's WONDERFUL Esperanza!  What a good way to start this new section, offering what we can help with!

All I can do well is English, but I am very willing to offer it when needed  

Hello
Please, can you help me?
I need to know, what I saying wrong in this phrases:
"Thank you for understanding and sympathy concerning loss of my best friend" - card about pet loss.
"We would like to thank you for your invaluable help in this hard time of our loss and for the remarkable meal given to us during ceremony thanks to your warm care." - thanks for meal on funeral.
"We would like to thank you for your invaluable help in this hard time of our loss and for the remarkable flowers given by you for ceremony." - thanks for flowers.
"We would like to express immense gratitude for your fine music during ceremony. You have helped to return a few rest in our hearts full of suffering. Thank You!" - for music.
Somehow I just cant get it right...
Thank you!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #20 - Mar 16th, 2012, 11:30am

[quote author=Anastasia_156106 link=1325802536/15#19 date=1331918669]Quote from Doreen_137017 on Jan 5th, 2012, 7:52pm:
That's WONDERFUL Esperanza!  What a good way to start this new section, offering what we can help with!

Hi Anastasia - there are lots of ways to say these things, but I will do my best to keep to your general wording Smiley

"Thank you for understanding and sympathy concerning loss of my best friend" - card about pet loss.

Your understanding and sympathy on the loss of my best friend is truly appreciated.

"We would like to thank you for your invaluable help in this hard time of our loss and for the remarkable meal given to us during ceremony thanks to your warm care." - thanks for meal on funeral.

Your help during this difficult time has been invaluable.  We are very grateful for the meal you provided at the funeral service.

"We would like to thank you for your invaluable help in this hard time of our loss and for the remarkable flowers given by you for ceremony." - thanks for flowers.

Your help during this difficult time has been invaluable.  We are very grateful for the flowers you provided for the funeral service.

"We would like to express immense gratitude for your fine music during ceremony. You have helped to return a few rest in our hearts full of suffering. Thank You!" - for music.

We would like to express our immense gratitude for the beautiful music you provided for the funeral service.  You helped ease our suffering and filled our hearts with peace.  

Hope that helps!

Email   IP Logged
Anastasia_156106
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #21 - Mar 16th, 2012, 7:37pm

[quote author=Doreen_137017 link=1325802536/15#20 date=1331922621]Quote from Anastasia_156106 on Mar 16th, 2012, 10:24am:

Hi Anastasia - there are lots of ways to say these things, but I will do my best to keep to your general wording Smiley
Hope that helps!

Wonderful!  Its very nice of you & I very appreciate your help!  THANK YOU!!!!!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #22 - Mar 16th, 2012, 7:45pm

[quote author=Anastasia_156106 link=1325802536/15#21 date=1331951835]Quote from Doreen_137017 on Mar 16th, 2012, 11:30am:
Quote from Anastasia_156106 on Mar 16th, 2012, 10:24am:

Hope that helps!

Wonderful!  Its very nice of you & I very appreciate your help!  THANK YOU!!!!!

You are very welcome!  You have some lovely cards and I wish you luck!

What is your native language?

Email   IP Logged
Anastasia_156106
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #23 - Mar 16th, 2012, 10:57pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Mar 16th, 2012, 7:45pm:
Quote from Anastasia_156106 on Mar 16th, 2012, 7:37pm:
[quote author=Doreen_137017

You are very welcome!  You have some lovely cards and I wish you luck!

What is your native language?

Thank you for nice words about my artwork!  My native language is Russian. I can translate from English to Russian, if needed.  
Thank you for your help, again! It very nice of you!

Email   IP Logged
Angela_151919
Gold Member
artist

Reply #24 - Mar 22nd, 2012, 4:50am

Hello
I would like to know how to say the following in Mexican Spanish.
I have a Spanish relative, but she speaks Castillian Spanish & I'm not sure if it's the same.

Wake Up! ( I have ... ¡Despierta!)

Time to shake your sombrero. ( I have ...  Es la hora de agitar tu sombrero)

Thanks for anyone that can help.

Email   IP Logged
Naty_133468
artist

Reply #25 - Mar 22nd, 2012, 7:31am

Angela there is no such thing as Mexican Spanish do you mean Spanish Slang common in Mexico?  The translation you have is correct for all Spanish speaking countries! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Angela_151919
Gold Member
artist

Reply #26 - Mar 22nd, 2012, 7:38am

Thanks Naty,
I wasn't sure if there were differences in the Spanish words, but it's good to know that I have it right.
Thanks for your help.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #27 - Jun 1st, 2012, 7:07pm

Hello fellow German speaking artists . . .  

How do I say:

"Will you be my"

and

"Please join us" or the equivalent

in German for invitations?  I can not seem to get it right  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Donna_137698
Gold Member
artist

Reply #28 - Oct 24th, 2012, 3:44am

Hi folks

I just had a card approved with a cover that has Thank You in several languages sprawled across.  Although I did consult with a foreign language teacher I work with, I wondered if folks could verify my translations.  I did check online with a few sites and feel pretty confident in the choices made but more eyes are definitely cool if that can be done here...

PID 968619

I chose Greek, Spanish, French, Swedish, Japanese, Hawaiian and German.

Email   IP Logged
Angela_151919
Gold Member
artist

Reply #29 - Oct 24th, 2012, 5:28am

Hi Donna
I can confirm that the French & Spanish are ok, and the English of course  Grin
Best Wishes
Angela

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.