Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

When can you "Change Image" after card approved? (Read 2506 times)
Nancy_180190
GCU Newbies
artist

When can you "Change Image" after card approved?
Sep 19th, 2011, 10:45am

When can I make a change via editing and when do I need to start from scratch? I have only a few cards in my store, and I feel they need a color backdrop. Everything else in the image will remain the same and will fit inside the bleed margins.

I just want to do things the correct way since I'm new at this and don't want to ruffle any feathers. Wink

Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Re: When can you "Change Image" after card approve
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2011, 10:58am

Hello Nancy,

Welcome to GCU!  I wasn't able to visit your store, there is no store link at the bottom of your forum post, you may want to be sure you go through all the options of store set up from your Admin page just to make sure everything you need to fill out has been completed.

Now to answer your question; you can change the image on a card anytime before or after approval.  After approval you can change the image as long as everything else in the image remains the same as you mentioned.  You can make text more legible, correct spelling errors and modify the layout of the elements as long as the image and wording are not changed enough to modify the category it was approved for or use an entirely different image which was never approved.

Does that make sense?  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Nancy_180190
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2011, 11:06am

Yes, that answers my question! Thank you!

Is there a FAQ for using the forum? Smiley I thought maybe my store would be automatically linked when I posted here. Until I get that figured out, here is the link:

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/hurtywords

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2011, 11:14am

Quote from Nancy_180190 on Sep 19th, 2011, 11:06am:
Yes, that answers my question! Thank you!

Is there a FAQ for using the forum? Smiley I thought maybe my store would be automatically linked when I posted here. Until I get that figured out, here is the link:

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/hurtywords

Funny cards and very different  Grin

I really am not sure why your store isn't linked here in the forum, I thought it was automatic too which I why I suggested you carefully go through all the store setup screens and make sure you haven't skipped a field.  If you find nothing there, then send a help note to Shaun in support and he'll get you fixed up  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Nancy_180190
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2011, 11:17am

I just went through all the Admin tabs and found nothing related to actually using the forum and /or how my posts will be identified here. I will contact Shaun. Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Jane_144775
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2011, 11:18am

Welcome Nancy!  Very funny cards!  The first one made me lol!  Good luck on GCU  

IP Logged
Nancy_180190
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2011, 11:46am

Quote from Jane_144775 on Sep 19th, 2011, 11:18am:
Welcome Nancy!  Very funny cards!  The first one made me lol!  Good luck on GCU  

Thank you!

I need to spend more time here and on the blog to get some tips for what works and what doesn't.

Email   IP Logged
Cindy_152495
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2011, 1:18pm

Quote from Nancy_180190 on Sep 19th, 2011, 11:06am:

Oooh, fresh and unique perspective.  Love it!  

Welcome to GCU!  Grin
Cindy

Email   IP Logged
Susan_142450
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2011, 6:17pm

[quote author=Cindy_152495 link=1316454330/0#7 date=1316463539]Quote from Nancy_180190 on Sep 19th, 2011, 11:06am:

/quote]

These are super funny.  
I just need to know how you heard my inner voice.
If I ever have any quotables, I'll send them your way.
Best of luck!
Sue

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.