Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
NEW - Custom Front Cards / Photo Cards & Text (Read 44802 times)
Beverly_133630
Ex Member

Re: NEW - Custom Front Cards / Photo Cards & Text
Reply #15 - Aug 5th, 2011, 3:51am

Hi Mindy,

Have difficulty adding some images from the selection.
I can not see the "add image" button or click on "add image".

Bev

IP Logged
Mary_140624
artist

Reply #16 - Aug 5th, 2011, 4:43am

I cannot find  "custom front cards" in the Create a card process..can anyone help , or am I just a bit slow !..also the custom front card video does not seem to work..perhaps it is jammed with too many people clicking on to it!

Email   IP Logged
Monica_138175
artist

Reply #17 - Aug 5th, 2011, 4:46am

Wow - I'm overwhelmed! Now that I almost gave up hope this might ever happen!  
However, I agree with Natalie that this is not the most cooperative interface I've ever used, and I also wonder why it wasn't possible to allow text only option in it right away. But who cares about those details after all...

Email   IP Logged
Natalie_152060
Gold Member
artist

Reply #18 - Aug 5th, 2011, 4:48am

@Mary  

Once you've selected the photo you're going to make your card from, underneath the options for Card Finish - Matte, Glossy you will find the options for Card Front - Standard or Custom - choose Custom.  Hope this helps - Natalie Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #19 - Aug 5th, 2011, 5:18am

http://www.gcuwiki.com/gcuu.html

Great tutorial video, thanks!

I've been waiting for this as I have MANY photo cards, love making them. So, without further ado, I will certainly try this new photo card procedure.

Thanks to all,
Cherie

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #20 - Aug 5th, 2011, 6:58am

Quote from Mindy on Aug 4th, 2011, 10:08pm:

My suggestion is for you to put your card in the following to cover both bases:
Holidays >> Christmas >> Season's Greetings
and
Holidays >> Christmas >> Photo Cards / Your Photo Here

Thank you, Mindy.  Not to belabor the point (and I hope I'm not being obtuse), but I thought that photo cards were only meant to go into a specifically stipulated photo card category. Does your advice mean that we may now place photo cards in any subject-appropriate category as a second choice?

Again, please forgive me - I just want to be sure about this before proceeding.

Thank you so much!

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #21 - Aug 5th, 2011, 7:03am

I have some photo cards that have two places for photos, I will be testing this to see if I can place two photos into a card ... or can I?  

Cherie

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #22 - Aug 5th, 2011, 7:16am

Quote from Natalie_152060 on Aug 5th, 2011, 3:21am:

There is a reasonable selection of text fonts and colours but it might be nice to have greater editing abilities for the text i.e. if people want to add a big 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' followed by smaller text for 'with love from the Johnsons' so that all the text they add doesn't have to have the same size / font. 
Cheers - Natalie  Smiley

Natalie, this can be accomplished by setting up a separate text field for each variation in font/size/color.

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #23 - Aug 5th, 2011, 7:18am

Quote from Cherie_131661 on Aug 5th, 2011, 7:03am:
I have some photo cards that have two places for photos, I will be testing this to see if I can place two photos into a card ... or can I?

Cherie

Yes, and even more than two...

Email   IP Logged
Tanya_135475
Gold Member
artist

Reply #24 - Aug 5th, 2011, 7:20am

Ahh Painless enough just had a go  Grin could be a lot of fun,
can we have errr a goth stock photo male female?  
I know lol, more girlies and lads and uprights got a whole load of ideas Tongue I know pain huh.

Dont' get me wrong the young lady with the books is good, but shes going to stick out more
than my cards, shes to sweet Cheesy she would look well odd inside a gothic frame Tongue might distract even.

We will also need more ethnic peeps because you can't shove a place holder of a young lady
then have a total different (never know what to say there) ethnic butterfly elf for example.

Am I asking to much? sorry if I am just would like to get them looking good, I know that people
can add in and make up their own minds, but it might be easier and people being people could
take umbridge Tongue

Appart from that my test was painless, infact easy to do, now it's letting the imagination go Tongue
I like that they can add text to the front, but your not going to ask us to leave out all the ones
we do now? I like doing the multiples as I can get my fonts and stuff the way they should be
the ones we have would not cut it on all the cards we produce.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #25 - Aug 5th, 2011, 7:26am

Quote from Mindy on Aug 4th, 2011, 10:16pm:
Quote from Doreen_137017 on Aug 4th, 2011, 4:48pm:
Okay...there aren't any square people images appropriate for a Holiday Cards.  There is one for business and a square for pet, but none of families or kids or babies.

So...please add for a better look and fit to square and round openings.

There is a resizing function with the placeholder photos to make it smaller or larger and adjust the placement of the photo.  Does that work properly for you to adjust and accommodate a square or round opening?

I was able to make the resizing work for square Mindy thank you!  I'll be checking out small rounds today, so we'll see if we have the same success Smiley

LOVE IT!  Find it slick and easy!!

Email   IP Logged
Cindy_152495
Gold Member
artist

Reply #26 - Aug 5th, 2011, 7:33am

Oh wow! I LOVE this sooooo much!  I never created a photo-frame card for my GCU store before, but after watching Tom's video and reading over the steps Mindy posted, I made THREE last night (and I was even tired! lol!)  The process went smoothly for me, except for when I forgot to set the transparency in my art program.   Tongue

This is so amazing!  Thank you, GCU!  LOVE IT & LOVE YOU!   kiss

Cindy   (thumbs WAY up!)

Email   IP Logged
Natalie_152060
Gold Member
artist

Reply #27 - Aug 5th, 2011, 7:39am

Quote from Joan_135833 on Aug 5th, 2011, 7:16am:

There is a reasonable selection of text fonts and colours but it might be nice to have greater editing abilities for the text i.e. if people want to add a big 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' followed by smaller text for 'with love from the Johnsons' so that all the text they add doesn't have to have the same size / font. 
Cheers - Natalie  Smiley

Natalie, this can be accomplished by setting up a separate text field for each variation in font/size/color.

Good point, but I don't think that would be an easy option for the customers. I think it would be much easier if they had one text box for their text, and then they have the option to highlight whichever words they've typed that they'd like to choose a different size / font / colour for?  Unless of course the design is such that there are two very distinct areas for typing text into.

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #28 - Aug 5th, 2011, 7:39am

Thanks to Tom for creating the video on this.  The photo portion of the card was very easy for me, but I wasn't sure how to set up the text field, until I looked at Tom's video.

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #29 - Aug 5th, 2011, 8:21am

Quote from Natalie_152060 on Aug 5th, 2011, 7:39am:
Quote from Joan_135833 on Aug 5th, 2011, 7:16am:

Cheers - Natalie  Smiley

Good point, but I don't think that would be an easy option for the customers. I think it would be much easier if they had one text box for their text, and then they have the option to highlight whichever words they've typed that they'd like to choose a different size / font / colour for?  Unless of course the design is such that there are two very distinct areas for typing text into.

It would not be difficult for a customer, I think, if THE DESIGNER sets it up. I have often, elsewhere, entered separate lines of a continuous text for customization, even for the reason that the line spacing within a single box did not suit my purposes. If the various fields are present - because the designer created the option - a customer should have no problem varying and/or deleting. I say this having sold a goodly number of items that had their text customized by the buyer, who made use of the template fields in the design.  

Also I should mention that, the few times I've needed a very personal card in a very big hurry (the Dutch post is very reliable for next- day delivery), I've made use of  several "local" online companies (not the big H nor the big A), uploading my own design and customizing the whole thing - and they all seem to use this same method, catering to hundreds of thousands of customers. I wish we had the possibility to set up these text boxes on the inside of our GCU cards.......

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.