You must login or register to post.

Ad Campaigns (Read 2643 times)
eric_154675
GCU Newbies
artist

Ad Campaigns
Jul 25th, 2011, 6:03am

Folks,
   Just checking to see if there are any rules or concerns on running ad campaigns etc to drive sales to GCU.
Cheers
Eric

Email   IP Logged
Cathy_151407
artist

Re: Ad Campaigns
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2011, 6:57am

This is something I would like to know too!

Email   IP Logged
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2011, 10:14am

First off you can find information on the selling tools in the wiki http://www.gcuwiki.com/index.html
Mouseover "Selling" in the upper navigation and a drop down menu will give you selling options.

Secondly, as I have recently discovered it is up to the affiliate to comply with their countries laws when it comes to advertising. I actually wrote an article on this subject on my blog. If you are interested in the U.S.A. laws you can find some info at:  

http://sunatnight.xanga.com/753401242/the-business-side-of-art-%E2%80%93-externa l-environments/

Based on some feedback that I received, I gather that every country is different. The federal agency in the U.S. that governs advertising is the Federal Trade Commission. What country are you in?

Email   IP Logged
eric_154675
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2011, 11:44am

SunAtNight
  I am not concerned with the laws for advertising (got a handle on those) I am more interested to know if GCU has any concerns on the use of paid vs free advertizing.  Although many places encorurage 'affiliate' advertizing some do not want a direct link between the paid ad and the end page.  In those cases you may have to do an intermediate landing page (or do not place the add at all).

The wiki does not speak to this

Cheers

Email   IP Logged
SunAtNight_145914
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jul 25th, 2011, 4:41pm

They changed Wiki recently...if I remember correctly it addressed email advertising campaigns and links of the like. But I just tried to search and it isn't there anymore.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.