Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Your Social Media Recipes (Read 11998 times)
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Re: Your Social Media Recipes
Reply #45 - May 11th, 2011, 8:43pm

you have the option to log in on fb now with your business page OR your personal page.  if you have logged in on your business page and post your boast...it will show up on your personal page as well  two for one...and... if you have entered the info fb needs it will also post on your twitter page at the same time for the bonus of 3 places at once.

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #46 - Jan 16th, 2013, 3:08pm

OK, I just wanted to mention I have been running a Facebook ad for over 18 months, paying about 30 cents per click.  It is set up to direct people to my Zazzle Store where I sell Glider/Soaring items rather than cards.  I feel it has been worth it.  Each day I do seem to sell about $30 worth of goods.  I average 2 clicks per day on the ad but I think it does drive more traffic to my store than just through clicking.  Over the Holidays I was selling over $100/day for about 4 weeks.  

Everytime I am on Facebook my ad does show up on the right side on my news-feed page but it moves around with each screen refresh to various advertising slots.  I like that I see it as I am in the demographic that it is targeted for.  I also list Soaring as one of my hobbies and that is what it keys off of.

FB also shows your ad-stats right on your news feed, which is way-cool ....

I believe these ads can work with cards and I may now try that.  There are 2 videos on the GCU Wiki that cover HOW TO set up a FB ad.  

Try it!

Email   IP Logged
Mary__137064
Gold Member
artist

Reply #47 - Jan 30th, 2013, 4:02pm

Good work, Tom!

Bright's Greeting Card Boutique:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/Bright
Email   IP Logged
Lisa_214209

Reply #48 - Feb 1st, 2013, 11:42am

Good to know how that has worked for you in relation to sales. You do a great job tracking and analyzing data from various sites... this is not a favorite of mine ( Smiley ) but it is obvious that it is well worth time and effort.  
Do you set aside so much time a week for researching analytical data or do it once a month? I truly find it daunting and would rather be creating at my desk... wondering how to work this into my schedule and be better about it.  
Lisa

---------------
http://www.facebook.com/LisaGriffin.Illustration

La Belle Paperie, Artistic Greeting Cards:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LaBellePaperie
Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #49 - Feb 1st, 2013, 4:25pm

Once a month I run the store sales report and check the best selling categories.  They change a lot year to year believe it one not!

As a test, I shut my FB ad off for 2 weeks and sales really dropped off.  That is good to know.  FB is doing a better job exposing ads to the right people and so the cost per click has increased.  In my case they suggest I bid 55 cents per click to get any kind of expose.

Email   IP Logged
Catinka_133492
artist

Reply #50 - May 20th, 2013, 3:54pm

Great to read your feedback about running a targeted FB ad Tom.  You've inspired me to try again at some point.  

I am still confused about why the GCU sharer posts on my profile instead of my biz page. I don't believe I can log in to FB as my biz page OR my profile. That would require having two separate accounts, which I believe is against FB's terms. So just how are we to use that GCU posting gizmo so that it will post to the biz page, (where it should go)? I don't want it to go to my profile if possible.  

www.catinkacards.com

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #51 - May 20th, 2013, 4:26pm

Quote from Catinka_133492 on May 20th, 2013, 3:54pm:
Great to read your feedback about running a targeted FB ad Tom.  You've inspired me to try again at some point.

I am still confused about why the GCU sharer posts on my profile instead of my biz page. I don't believe I can log in to FB as my biz page OR my profile. That would require having two separate accounts, which I believe is against FB's terms. So just how are we to use that GCU posting gizmo so that it will post to the biz page, (where it should go)? I don't want it to go to my profile if possible.

www.catinkacards.com

It's simple and it's a FB thing.  You have to be logged is as your personal account to allow posts to your page, but when you click on the FB link from an email sale for example, there is a little drop down menu once the FB post box comes up and you can tell it to post to your Fan Page (biz page) rather than your personal page.

Try that Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Catinka_133492
artist

Reply #52 - May 21st, 2013, 10:18am

Thanks Doreen! I did wonder about the 'boast' gizmo mentioned here. I assumed it was the same as the 'sell this card' gizmo. I hope one has  those same options for the 'sell this card' gizmo. (My 'boast' opportunities are few and far between so far, until I get more cards put up)

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #53 - May 21st, 2013, 10:28am

Quote from Catinka_133492 on May 21st, 2013, 10:18am:
Thanks Doreen! I did wonder about the 'boast' gizmo mentioned here. I assumed it was the same as the 'sell this card' gizmo. I hope one has  those same options for the 'sell this card' gizmo. (My 'boast' opportunities are few and far between so far, until I get more cards put up)

Well the Sell this Card link is not a direct to FB link, so when you copy that link you need to be sure you have chosen Post as Business Page in FB and are on your bix page before you paste the link.  The Sell this Card link is HTML not a URL link.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.