Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Does anyone look past 5 pages of Cards?? (Read 2703 times)
Robin_145428
artist

Does anyone look past 5 pages of Cards??
Jan 31st, 2011, 10:13am

I was just looking for some feedback as I am fairly new here..  
Artists that have over 3,000 Cards, Do you think anyone ever looks past 5 pages of cards?.. I don't know .. It just seems impossible for a shopper to have the patience to look at 3,000 some -odd cards?
Any feedback and opinions wood be most appreciated.. Thanks in Advance Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Nadine_142067
artist

Re: Does anyone look past 5 pages of Cards??
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2011, 10:28am

My guess would be most people don't look past the FIRST page of cards.  Regardless, if they have put in a specific search, the card bought might be on page 1 or page 14 if it's what they want.  Just sold one yesterday where they buyer had put "blank inside" as their search.  Unusual, because most purchases, I think, have messages inside.
 Shocked

Email   IP Logged
Rebecca_140932
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2011, 10:31am

I do! I look until I find just the right one.  

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2011, 11:03am

You really can't look at it that way...

First of all, the reason GCU has sub-categories within sub-categories is to help narrow those pages down for shoppers.

Secondly, if you look at the emails when you receive a sale notification, you'll see that 90% of the time, sales (at least mine are) are made from specific searches or found browsing very specific categories.  

So, don't worry about how many pages there are, like Rebecca, there are the occasional shopper who will look until they find what they want, regardless of the number of pages and others will continue to narrow their search through category links and/or using the Search Within a Category Feature to reduce the number of pages...that's why titles and keywords are so important.

Just my opinion though  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Robin_145428
artist

Reply #4 - Jan 31st, 2011, 12:06pm

Roll Eyes thank you all. This is a very positive response I see it is possible..alot of different ways.

Email   IP Logged
Gillean_137778
artist

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2011, 10:30pm

My best selling Yule/Christmas card last year comes up below another of my cards when you search for Yule cards, so I'm not sure how that happened - possibly people were searching for that specific image - although you'd think then that it would be higher than my other card when you search Yule cards by popularity?  I don't think many buyers go through people's shops other than to look at the recommended cards, as you say some of the bigger sellers have thousands of cards, I think they must search by keyword.

Gillean

Email   IP Logged
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Feb 4th, 2011, 4:00pm

its funny this question came up. i was looking for two cards for my sisters birthdays today. i looked for over an hour and had over 88 pages to choose from. i think the second card i chose was on page 33.

Email   IP Logged
Cathy_151407
artist

Reply #7 - Mar 11th, 2011, 5:51pm

When looking for cards, or other things online, I don't look at more than 10 pages.

Email   IP Logged
Petra_Katrine_137769
artist

Reply #8 - Jul 25th, 2011, 11:56am

I have a suggestion for those worried about page review overload. Why not post links to your specific cards at your other places? Then they go directly to your card without having to look at everyone else's. While promoting your stuff, make a mention of your fave artists so they know where else to look when they're stuck for card ideas.

Email   IP Logged
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2011, 3:12pm

If I'm looking for a special card, I can spend an hour or more! I love having the choices!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.