Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Artists Seeking Creative Writers (Read 33414 times)
Peggy_137160
Gold Member
artist

Re: Artists Seeking Creative Writers
Reply #60 - Dec 22nd, 2010, 12:21pm

Gene -

I concur with the other recent posters - while a search of the Forum here will leave you with the feeling that "blank inside" cards don't sell well, as another photographer I can tell you that they DO sell.  I do recommend getting creative and adding SOME text (best wishes, happy valentine's day, etc) but some images just stand on their own.  I'm a smugmugger too - welcome to GCU!

Email   IP Logged
Websprinter_148078
artist

Reply #61 - Mar 9th, 2011, 3:48am

I noticed early on in my art career that I had this problem. Something about designing an image (painting, sculpting or graphic arts) and my writing skills quit on me. If I see someone else' image I am eloquent. One of my own, especially if I am working on it or just finished and I am struck dumb. Something about the different areas of the brain (I'm sure?)  Roll Eyes

Email   IP Logged
Rebecca_140932
Gold Member
artist

Reply #62 - Mar 10th, 2011, 12:10am

Quote from Websprinter_148078 on Mar 9th, 2011, 3:48am:
I noticed early on in my art career that I had this problem. Something about designing an image (painting, sculpting or graphic arts) and my writing skills quit on me. If I see someone else' image I am eloquent. One of my own, especially if I am working on it or just finished and I am struck dumb. Something about the different areas of the brain (I'm sure?)  Roll Eyes

I think we all go through a burnout stage every now and then. I was just writing a book review the other day and got all the way to the last paragraph when I couldn't think of anything to wrap it up. I tried for two hours. Finally, I just put it down. I plan to get back to it as soon as my thoughts come (soon I hope). It's really crazy because I went on to write a review on Amazon for that same book and had no trouble at all there. Maybe tomorrow?  undecided

Email   IP Logged
Peggy_137160
Gold Member
artist

Reply #63 - Mar 31st, 2011, 6:10pm

Any inspiration from others out there?  I have five nature images that speak volumes to me, but not in words ... sigh ... I AM a photographer, after all, and not a writer ...  

so ... in the topic of collaboration - any ideas out there?

http://dogbreedz.smugmug.com/Non-Pet-Photography/Mission-Trails-Park-Santee-CA/1 6421697_r6QsZ#1235297433_4mDRF

Email   IP Logged
Trish_136241
artist

Reply #64 - Apr 4th, 2011, 2:37pm

I LOVE the purple flower photo!  It's just beautiful.  All of them are special, but that one is extra special.  
I think it would make a lovely encouragement card, something like,

"Just when our path seems darkest, we come upon a glimpse of what can be and find joy again."

Just a thought.  I made this up.....feel free to use it or not.
Keep up the gorgeous photography!!!

Trish

Quote from Peggy_137160 on Mar 31st, 2011, 6:10pm:
Any inspiration from others out there?  I have five nature images that speak volumes to me, but not in words ... sigh ... I AM a photographer, after all, and not a writer ...

http://dogbreedz.smugmug.com/Non-Pet-Photography/Mission-Trails-Park-Santee-CA/1 6421697_r6QsZ#1235297433_4mDRF

Email   IP Logged
Randall_140313
Gold Member
artist

Reply #65 - Apr 9th, 2011, 12:11pm

Quote from Peggy_137160 on Mar 31st, 2011, 6:10pm:

Hello Peggy,

I haven't been to Mission Trails in a long while, but yes the photo opportunities there are unlimited and know exactly what you mean by feeling the composition of the image and not knowing how to put it into words.   One suggestion and something I use,  carry a notebook with you when you are shooting and write down some of your thoughts, humorous bits of inspiration and 'what haves' as you are shooting or use your recorder on your cell phone.  It's amazing how much goes through your head while you are inspired out in the field, you think, "why, that was clever, I'll remember that when I get back to the computer at home."  

Trust me, you won't remember diddly!

I write poetry usually which comes to me in song and much of that comes to me while driving or walking.  It's amazing sometimes how a song will just flow out like it had been written before, but ten minutes later, I can't recreate it.  While that tune or verse is going through my head, I have to record it right away or it's lost, not always forever, sometimes it will pop up again in a day or two or a month later, but never when I'm ready to do something about it a few hours later at the computer.  Even trying to write it down when I've finally pulled over or singing it out when I'm out of earshot of fellow pedestrians doesn't work as the creative flow is as fleeting as a gully washer in the desert.  I've found that the voice recorder on my cell phone is a great tool when I'm driving and when I'm walking downtown, running on a trail or just meandering in the park, I love my notebook as no one can accuse me of being crazy as they would if I started bellowing out that song in my head.  Most people that have heard my singing think I should sing 'tenor,' that is 'ten or' twenty miles away!  Shocked

I left you a couple of suggestions or ideas for verse on a couple of the images there at Smug Bug.  You're welcome to use them if they resonate with any resemblance to the image.  

Best always, Randy

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.