Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

New artist profile pic not showing... (Read 2305 times)
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

New artist profile pic not showing...
Nov 9th, 2010, 12:50am

I uploaded a new profile pic tonight, hit 'Save' and lo and behold, the old pic is still on my store. Does it take awhile for it to change or is there an upload glitch happening on GCU tonight??  Just curious. Huh

Email   IP Logged
Lj_135293
Gold Member
artist

Re: New artist profile pic not showing...
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2010, 5:22am

Hi Laura,  It can often take a day or so for changes to stick once made.  Sometimes less but usually a day..   Smiley

The Lj Maxx Greeting Card Store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LjMaxx
Email   IP Logged
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2010, 8:09am

Hi Lj!

Thanks for your reply. Glad to know there wasn't a glitch.

Best, Laura

Email   IP Logged
Miles_139130
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2010, 9:46am

Just want to be sure this was resolved once our servers refreshed!?

It can take up to 2 business days sometimes for changes to go into full effect.  

Thanks for your patience  

Email   IP Logged
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2010, 11:21am

Hi Miles! Thanks for checking in on this. Yes, it took about a day for the photo to change and all seemed fine when suddenly the old photo was back when I logged in yesterday!! I checked my profile settings and there was the new photo (nothing was awry there), but the store showed the old one. It just couldn't let go of it (LOL)!! Today so far, it's good, but the day is still young here in Los Angeles. Grin I'm sure it will be fine...

Thanks again,
Laura

Email   IP Logged
Miles_139144
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Nov 16th, 2010, 9:06am

Laura,  

This is probably due to your internet browser attempting to save time and displaying you a CACHED version of your site.   This means that your local browser is actually storing your old webpage and sometimes returning that when you look for your store, to save time.

You will want to be sure and clear all of your stored information, cookies and cache memory.  This is usually done under Tools > Options (or internet options) from within your browser window.

Email   IP Logged
Laura_142481
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Nov 16th, 2010, 11:45am

Thank you, Miles. That makes total sense. I forgot about the potential of that being one of the reasons it could be happening. Everything is ok now since my original post.
Best, Laura

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.