Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

The Card Widget (Read 1793 times)
Rita_140577
artist

The Card Widget
Oct 3rd, 2010, 5:53pm

I'm hoping someone can help me with this, I did do a search of the forums but didn't see this addressed anywhere.

I put a card widget on my blog which is all about unusual holidays.  I wanted the widget to just show cards that belonged in that category so I made sure that they all had a keyword to identify them.  That part was easy.

I then decided to create another blog about Christmas.  I wanted to add a widget to that blog with Christmas cards only.  When I went and set up the widget for it though, my original widget changed to be the same as the new one.

Is there any way I can create two different widgets to showcase different sets of cards?

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Re: The Card Widget
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2010, 6:56am

Unfortunately, one can only have one one array of cards per widget and only one widget per store at a time.

Email   IP Logged
Rita_140577
artist

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2010, 2:30pm

That's too bad... Sad  
It would have been nice to be able to have a special widget for that blog...guess I'll just go with a banner on that one.

Email   IP Logged
Rebecca_140932
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2010, 6:12pm

I know what you mean on this one, Rita. I wanted to add a widget to my kennel's website to show all of my Pomeranian cards that GCU had to offer, but I couldn't because it changed my other widgets that I had placed on my other sites as well. It would be nice if they could change this so that we could modify our widgets to the subject of the site we are placing them on. It would really help with sells, I think. A lot of times websites are created with certain subjects or themes and the widget could be created to go with it. Why do they not have this set up already? Does anyone know?  

Email   IP Logged
Miles_139130
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2010, 7:33am

Remember,

You do have the ability to spotlight specific cards with the sell this card function.

If you take a look at the GCU Blog at http://www.blog.greetingcarduniverse.com you will see at the bottom of a number of posts that we illustrate 3 pertinent cards.

I know its not flashy and animated, but don't underestimate the power of in text links, image links and simple calls to action!  You may notice that the top internet marketers don't use animated widgets that often....  there is a reason for this!!!!! They use in text links, image links and calls to action.

Hope this helps!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.