Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Referral Code Question (Read 1256 times)
MONICA_135645
GCU Newbies
artist

Referral Code Question
Aug 11th, 2010, 1:35pm

I was reposting an ad to my cards and I noticed the website changes the code when the & sign is in the code and adds the word amp; after the & sign  Do we still get the referral credit if it is like this or does the code have to have the & next to gcu=affid?  

Example:
to: pid=601754&gcu=42639858604

Thanks!!

Email   IP Logged
Miles_139130
GCU Administrator
artist

Re: Referral Code Question
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2010, 5:10pm

This is an interesting question and a good observation.

In the example you outlined, where your link would have the amp inserted into it, the tracking would not work properly and you would not receive a commission.

If you want to share what website you are trying to publish to that is changing your links, other readers may appreciate that info!

Email   IP Logged
MONICA_135645
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: Referral Code Question
Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2010, 2:36pm

Hi Miles, yes this happens with Craigslist which I use often for GCU and other affiliate companies I promote.  I dont know if it is new but on another POD I would get several referrals a week then it stopped and I couldnt figure  out why.  I found and read on their forum that the code had to have an exact sequence of letters and the aff id.  I then noticed that even though I posted the code correctly when I would go back to edit my add this amp; would be inserted right after everthing that had the & in the code.  I dont know if this is something craigslist just started doing a month or two ago but I noticed my referrals almost stopped.  

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.