Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Use of back button (Read 1864 times)
Judy_139270
Gold Member
artist

Use of back button
Aug 7th, 2010, 6:16am

I have started a second blog dedicated to showcasing my GCU and Zazzle products but when I want to post my GCU cards, my heart sinks because it takes so many 'clicks'!

http://mugsmousepadsandmore.blogspot.com/

Suppose I want to post a dozen of my children's birthday cards, I do a search and I pick the first card and get the 'sell this card' code. Then, in order to get the second card code, I seem to have to go right back to the beginning of the process and search again. It would be so much quicker and easier if, when I've got the first piece of code, I could use the back button to go back to my original search results!

I've had my first sale today as a result of my new blog, so I want to continue posting my GCU cards there, but when time is always so short, and sitting at the computer isn't good for my back, I wonder whether there's an easier and quicker way to do it?

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Re: Use of back button
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2010, 10:45am

Judy, may I suggest either opening your browser a second time (leaving the first as is) or else a new tab in the already opened browser? I do this all the time to keep one window before me with the information I require and have another (or even more) where I can perform the necessary actions without losing the search results, or whatever it is that I want to return to. Also, it could be useful to bookmark the page that has come up in a search so that you could leave it and come back at a later moment. I do this constantly, simply deleting the bookmark when it's no longer needed.

Glad you're seeing results from all your efforts and hope that these ideas may reduce the clicks and time involved, if only even slightly...

Email   IP Logged
Judy_139270
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2010, 5:55am

Hi Joan - thank you for your suggestion. Smiley

In fact, I tried that once and it worked but the second time I somehow seemed to lose the window that had the selection in! I tend to keep a lot of windows open all the time and I probably closed the wrong one! embarrassed

I'll try it again next time and try to keep a clearer head but I'm usually in a rush, trying to fit too many things in so it would be so much easier if we could just use the back button, as you can on Zazzle!

Email   IP Logged
Judy_139270
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2010, 3:48pm

Hi Joan, I tried using your first method - keeping the search results open in a tab - realised why it didn't help! As soon as I clicked on one of the cards on the page, I 'lost' the page so, although it worked once, I would have had to have had a lot of copies of the page open to complete the whole task!

I'll try the bookmarking method next time, though I haven't been using Firefox very long and don't find the Bookmarks as easy to find again as the 'favourites' in IE. embarrassed

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2010, 10:13pm

Hi Judy!

I'm going to guess you're actually clicking on each card itself to bring you to that card's details page, then choosing the Sell This Card button. You don't have to do that. When you're logged in, do your on-site search. On the search results page, you'll see each card has a row of symbols under it. Choose the $ to bring up a pop-up box with the Sell This Card codes. Once you've copied the code, simply check the pop-up box away. The search results page will still be there.

Of course, I'm not sure this works if you're using a pop-up killer on your browser.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Judy_139270
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2010, 2:59am

Thank you SO much, Corrie!  Smiley

I had no idea I could do that - I've wasted so much time and effort because I didn't notice that little symbol!

There will definitely be more of my GCU cards on my blog from now on - it was really putting me off!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.