Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 
I've made a blog and a Squidoo lens... Now what?? (Read 6625 times)
Miles_139130
GCU Administrator
artist

Re: I've made a blog and a Squidoo lens... Now wha
Reply #15 - Sep 24th, 2010, 7:40am

Quote from Judy_139270 on Sep 9th, 2010, 10:03am:
A little update -

I joined Twitter towards the end of June and tweeted my blog posts and by the end of the first week of  August my GCU sales were double what they'd previously been for months (still very low though).  Smiley

Towards the end of July, I started a second blog purely for grouping my cards (and Zazzle products) according to topic or style. By the end of the first week of September my GCU sales for the previous month had doubled again, and that's without counting a big order of invitations. Grin

Now I'm wondering whether it's the tweeting or the new blog, or just the time of year - or even coincidence, or all of the above! Practically all of my sales have been through a search on GCU so does that mean it's nothing to do with all my blogging and tweeting?  undecided

First of all, I want to say GREAT JOB!  You experienced a 100% increase in sales, two months in a row.  That is HUGE in any business, at any level!  

Now, to answer your question.... Have you ever heard of the quote "If you tickle it over here it'll laugh over there"?  I've heard that was an Einstein quote, but an old boss of mine used to believe in this 100%.  When you put effort towards marketing your store, and sales begin to increase, pat yourself on the back and keep on doing what you've been doing!  More tweets, more blogs, more web 2.0 properties.  This way, you keep tickling (marketing) it and it keeps laughing(sales keep appearing)!   Again, Great Job!

@suzan - Don't worry about marketing your cards directly to Malaysia.... Market them to anyone who is looking to buy cards!  If they are in the US, Malaysia or Australia... You make the same commission on each sale!

Email   IP Logged
suzan_139596
artist

Reply #16 - Sep 24th, 2010, 8:20am

Thx miles... But still blur on creating a blog though... Any suggestion? I'm not good in blogging

Email   IP Logged
Miles_139130
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #17 - Oct 7th, 2010, 8:03am

Quote from suzan_139596 on Sep 24th, 2010, 8:20am:
Thx miles... But still blur on creating a blog though... Any suggestion? I'm not good in blogging

First place to start is with your beliefs!   Build positive, reinforcing beliefs that can help lead you forward!

Now as with anything in life, we must go through failure to reach success.  Anyone who has tried and gained a basic level of competence with skiing or snowboarding knows exactly what I am talking about.   Heck, I played organized baseball for over 13 years.  Let me tell you... My first few years were ROUGH.  Simply stated, I sucked!   I didn't get the 'hang' of Snowboarding to where I was comfortable to ride the entire mountain for nearly 6 YEARS!!!!  

So here is the magic suggestion...

Start!    Go to http://www.blogger.com/ and just jump in.  

Now here is the 'trick'  

Consistency and persistence are your keys to success.  Commit to spending 1 hour per week, blogging.  when you 'blog', write about fun, positive things that inspire you.  Share stories that inspire you or useful tidbits that can help people save time, make better foods/crafts, or enjoy life more.

I guarantee you that if you start this week, and spend 1 hour per week posting to a blog that some magical things will happen in as little as 1 years time.  
1) You'll get more comfortable and then confident with blogging.
2) Your 'unique voice' will develop.  There is no other way that consistent writing for this to happen.
3) You will build up an archive of over 50 posts!
4) Search engines will have indexed your content and will be delivering you relevant traffic
5) You will have the opportunity to monetize the blog!  (honestly, this one is my favorite  Smiley)

You know, there is a book by Susan Jeffers called "Feel The Fear And Do It Anyways."  I'm pretty sure I have never read that book, but that phrase has been my ally for a number of years!  Growth happens when we are out of our comfort zone!

Hope this helps!
Miles

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.