Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 
New Custom Card Request Feature LIVE (Read 17415 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

New Custom Card Request Feature LIVE
Nov 6th, 2009, 12:51pm

The Custom Card Request feature is Live!  On GCU only for now and will roll out to our other sites later.  Remember this is for customization of ANY card not just photo cards.  See here for original post on this feature:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1255481380

Here’s what we’ve got…
1) New Custom Card Request Icon is now under all card thumbnail images and on the View Details page.  It is an artist’s palette. The Comment/Rate a Card icon has moved to the View Details page (under the “heart” favorite and is now a “star” icon vs. the caption).

See thumbnails here:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/cb.asp?cid=294

See View Details page here:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/viewdetails.asp?pid=518893&cid= 190

2) When a request by a shopper is submitted via this feature artists will receive an email with all the pertinent information.   If the shopper has included any images (up to 5 allowed) they will be attached.  The submitting shopper will also receive a confirmation email that their request was sent (shopper email will go live next week).  

3) Note if you have turned your Custom Requests setting to NO the palette icon will still function yet your message to shoppers will say the following and they can still send you a message:

“This particular artist does not accept custom requests at this time.  You can still send them a message below.”

4) We will be working on a way to give cards that receive custom requests extra “brownie points” via the most popular formula.

5) We will be doing a Holiday Photo Card promotion next week.

Feel free to give it a test on one of your own cards.  Let us know how this is working for you and if you have any questions.  Let the requests begin!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Re: New Custom Card Request Feature LIVE
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2009, 1:52pm

This is exciting news but I find myself with a slight problem. undecided  

In the artists notes for many, many of my cards, I added that if they needed it customized they could contact me through the 'contact the artist' in my store (no-one ever did by the way Wink) I did this particularly on some of the wedding designs where there are so many possibilities.  

I have close to 700 cards how can I edit the artists notes on each card, please don't say one at a time?  cry

I wondered also has anyone had requests to add a name or make a simple change on a single card in the past, and how would we make it known that we can do that if a customer needs it?  
I know there is the 'wanted new cards' but someone may want a Peggy cocker spaniel card and just a name added with Happy Birthday.  
Any ideas as to how to convey this to the customer, should this be in the artist notes? that individual card requests that do not involve adding a customers photo are considered.

Hoping that all makes sense Smiley
Pamela

Email   IP Logged
Janet_134086
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2009, 2:03pm

Thank You.. Mindy and Techies!

Just noticed this as I went to comment on Susies` Wine Card...Well Done!

This was a great idea, I sent a test message to myself along with a photo, and it`s working great!

Pamela, I also have sent them to contact artist via my store on my cards...Ive learned not to sweat the small stuff, ...I am going to delete the contact artist on all future cards. I`m sure that will work just as well.

*Another great way to make sales!  TY GCU!
Hugs, Janet Lee Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2009, 2:33pm

Quote from Pamela_135500 on Nov 6th, 2009, 1:52pm:
This is exciting news but I find myself with a slight problem. undecided

In the artists notes for many, many of my cards, I added that if they needed it customized they could contact me through the 'contact the artist' in my store (no-one ever did by the way Wink) I did this particularly on some of the wedding designs where there are so many possibilities.

I have close to 700 cards how can I edit the artists notes on each card, please don't say one at a time?  cry

I wondered also has anyone had requests to add a name or make a simple change on a single card in the past, and how would we make it known that we can do that if a customer needs it?
I know there is the 'wanted new cards' but someone may want a Peggy cocker spaniel card and just a name added with Happy Birthday.
Any ideas as to how to convey this to the customer, should this be in the artist notes? that individual card requests that do not involve adding a customers photo are considered.

Hoping that all makes sense Smiley
Pamela

No global fix on Artist Notes so yes it would be a one by one affair, however as Janet offers it's not a biggie, as long as they reach you is what matters and you can adjust on future cards if you like or keep your Artist Notes the same.  This is just another way to help the shopper contact you.

As for individual card requests this new feature is for that too, not just photo cards.  The fact that the new icon appears on ALL thumbnails, not just photo card thumbnails suggests that the card can be customized.  Secondly, setting your minimum order quantity to 1 will indicate this also.  Lastly, the image upload is indicated as "optional".

Hope that helps!

Email   IP Logged
Kathleen_137290
artist

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2009, 2:39pm

Fantastic!  Works like a charm.

Thanks GCU!!!

Question:  Where do I set my minimum order setting?

Kati

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2009, 2:46pm

This is very exciting.  I just tried it out and everything seemed to work fine.  Thanks GCU.
Kathy

Email   IP Logged
Kathleen_137290
artist

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2009, 2:50pm

I found where to set under global preferences.

Thanks,
Kati

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2009, 3:12pm

Thanks Mindy, like you and Janet said I shall not sweat the small stuff, haven't had a request yet anyway!
and I do have a life Grin Grin
About the quantity, not sure about the commitment to add a customers photo for a single card order undecided especially since it may be way more involved than adding a name.......
I guess I'll set it to QTY1 and go 'fish' for a while and see if I get any bites undecided  

Pamela

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #8 - Nov 6th, 2009, 3:21pm

Quote from Kathleen_137290 on Nov 6th, 2009, 2:50pm:
I found where to set under global preferences.

Thanks,
Kati

Great, for others wondering:
1) Available Now - a new "Custom Requests" setting in your Admin page under Global Preferences.  The default is set to YES.  If you do not want to receive custom requests you need to set this to NO.  This new setting applies to ALL of your cards, it can not be managed on a card by card basis.  
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/edit_globals.asp  

as well as minimum order quantity and your message to shoppers.

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Nov 6th, 2009, 3:31pm

Hello all and Mindy,
as you know I delight in customizing cards...but I don't understand what I need to do with this new thingy...hopefully nothing?

Linda, The flying horse horse, got a touch of an early winter whatever....not the flu...just a cough cough, oh well, more info than you could ever want.....Time for more meds...lol

Email   IP Logged
Neva_136472
artist

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2009, 7:33am

Wow!!!!! This is great.  Thanks.
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Peggy_137160
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2009, 11:36am

very exciting!

Pamela - thanks for using my pups as an example  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2009, 11:51am

You are very welcome Peggy,  Smiley

Pamela

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2009, 7:51pm

Quote from Mindy on Nov 6th, 2009, 3:21pm:

. . .for others wondering:
1) Available Now - a new "Custom Requests" setting in your Admin page under Global Preferences. The default is set to YES. If you do not want to receive custom requests you need to set this to NO. . .
??? Huh Mine appeared to be set on NO as a default, before I did anything. !! Shocked Huh  Did you guys have a premonition that I'd be setting it to no?  (I did flip it to yes with a new message -- just to see if it was working --- it was, and promptly set back to no. . . especially since it appears on EVERY card.  I can't imagine getting a request to "personalize" a card that was never intended as such!  It's too bad that when we create a card there can't be a box to click indicating that indicates: this card is "personalize-able."

Just my own feeling. . . curious, too -- would all these "customized cards" be put in the "fast track" for review, bumping all the "regular Joes" back??? Could be a problem.

'e'

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - Nov 7th, 2009, 9:16pm

i had set mine to yes and set a different minimum... but just went back and set it to no for now.  i agree with ernestine so many are not really intended to be personalized.. i too would like to see it on some but not all.  

i am so busy right now anyway i would hate to get sidetracked and forget someones request.  maybe i will reconsider, or if we can choose some to offer, that would be better for me anyway Cool

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #15 - Nov 7th, 2009, 11:16pm

Oh! This is really exciting news! I think it's a great idea, hopefully someone will really want a personalized card from me!  

I'm not sure what to set the minimum at though, what is everyone setting theirs at? I've got it defaulted to ten, but geeze, I only sell one card at a time most often, maybe this will lose more sales if I set it to more than one. What to do...oh what to do.

Thanks for the new feature GCU!

Cherie

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #16 - Nov 8th, 2009, 7:05am

The HEART and the STAR icons do NOT SHOW UP on the card details page unless you are logged in!!! Shouldn't they show up if customers are not logged in too?  undecided

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #17 - Nov 8th, 2009, 7:14am

I've left mine at the default of 25...should be interesting!
Linda

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #18 - Nov 8th, 2009, 12:35pm

Greetings!

A few of questions for you, Mindy:

Will a customer be able to use a 'free card' credit to purchase a custom card?

Will a customer be able to use any coupons or promo codes for card discounts, say 20% off for purchase of 5 or more cards?

Are customized cards priced at the same bulk pricing rate, as the cards are now?

Thanks!
Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #19 - Nov 10th, 2009, 3:43pm

Quote from Cherie_131661 on Nov 8th, 2009, 7:05am:
The HEART and the STAR icons do NOT SHOW UP on the card details page unless you are logged in!!! Shouldn't they show up if customers are not logged in too?  undecided

Good eye, we are pondering this.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #20 - Nov 10th, 2009, 3:49pm

Quote from Penny_134243 on Nov 8th, 2009, 12:35pm:
Greetings!

Will a customer be able to use any coupons or promo codes for card discounts, say 20% off for purchase of 5 or more cards?

Are customized cards priced at the same bulk pricing rate, as the cards are now?

Thanks!
Penny Smiley

Yes, Yes and Yes.  Custom cards will be treated just like any other card.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #21 - Nov 10th, 2009, 4:08pm

As an update...

Since Friday we have already seen many Custom Card Requests!  .. Christmas, Anniversary, Be my Bridesmaid cards... across the board.  AND already some completed sales from the resulting cards.  Smiley  

Please note when responding to the requesting shopper keep in mind that they are not familiar with our GCU jargon like FastTrack, pid#, etc.  So please word your communications accordingly and don't forget to thank them!  Be sure to nudge them when the card has been approved and remind them exactly where they can find it.

We are working on an optional field for shoppers to indicate how many cards they intend to buy so artists will have a better idea of the possible order size.

We will be keeping an eye on the request emails and if there seem to be shopper questions that you may not be able to answer we will contact you directly with the answer.  For example, one shopper asked about different colored paper and lined envelopes.  We told the artist to relay to them that this is not an option.  Also a few logo insertion requests which will require GCU's help.

To answer a few other questions..
1) yes, cards resulting from these requests will be FastTracked
2) At this time we do not plan on allowing the Custom Card Request setting on a card by card basis.  

WE are off to a very promising start!  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #22 - Nov 10th, 2009, 6:12pm

Quote from Mindy on Nov 10th, 2009, 3:49pm:
Quote from Penny_134243 on Nov 8th, 2009, 12:35pm:
Greetings!

Thanks!
Penny Smiley

Yes, Yes and Yes.  Custom cards will be treated just like any other card.

Thanks, Mindy!
Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #23 - Nov 16th, 2009, 5:51am

I have my minimum set at 15 currently but what I'd like to do is to set it to 1 and then in the notes state higher minimums for more extensive customization.  I think at 15 I'm scaring off those that may simply want a name added to the front of a Birthday card (for instance) where they certainly aren't going to want to buy 15!  

My example Minimums:
1 - Simple text changes only such as a name added to an existing front image
5 - Color or background changes, plus simple text changes if desired
10 - Color or background changes, plus complex text changes such as a new comical caption
10 - Use your photo on a rectangular cut-out photo card, no other changes
15 - Use your photo(s) on an existing "insert your face" photo card, no other changes
25 - Any combinations of above, or a completely new card design and caption

I'd also like to tell them that the minimum is for a qty of my cards, not necessarily THIS card.  For instance, I might make a special birthday card under option #3 which they may only want 1 of, but that they are obligated to then buy 9 other cards from me.  

I think GCU should consider this.  The main change would be for a longer "Message to Shopper" field which currently is limited to 150 characters.  Just the list above is 479 characters so I suggest it be lengthened to 1000 or so so we can specify image dpi minimums on photos and availability/turn-around information.

I believe this provides shoppers and artist more flexibiltiy and is more likely to lead to more custom sales, more "Connecting Artists & card Buyers" activity, and more total cards sold.

A simple "yes it's OK" would do for now, and I'll do what I can in 150 characters.

TOM

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2009, 7:45am by Tom_133317 »  
Email   IP Logged
Penny_134243
Gold Member
artist

Reply #24 - Nov 16th, 2009, 7:41am

Good idea, Tom!  I'd really like more space to write a message, too!  I would like to explain a little better what I hope to help them with.  I think that more information to customers is a good thing, which makes less chance of some disappointment later on.

Good, good, good idea, Tom!

Penny Smiley

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #25 - Nov 16th, 2009, 1:51pm

For the time being I have changed to yes and added this message

"One card may be ordered with simple personalization of a name or occasion.  Photo cards or detailed changes require a minimum order of 10 cards from my gallery.  Please email me if you have questions. dbvisualarts@charter.net"

i will not hesitate to pull it though if I feel like it is getting out of hand.  i am not totally comfortable asking them to purchase more cards from my gallery if the design is more complex on the one card, but, also not too happy with no compensation for a more detailed re-design.  

freelance design work is basically what this amounts to and compensation is not provided for in this new set up.  do i sell a card maybe, but , if a person asked me to customize a card in a detailed way locally, i would ask more than .56 cents to do it.  and if it is a bulk order, even a bulk order of 100 cards would not net the amount i might be charging locally, and trust me i charge a fifth what some would to do this.  so i am not sure, but i will give it a try, i suppose.

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #26 - Nov 16th, 2009, 4:26pm

Somewhere, in one of the forums I mentioned this, but given the fact that hopefully we will all be getting tons of custom card requests....  

When I get a custom request, I design, upload as per usual, and then send the "card" as a "free email.  This is quick, no need for approval from GCU.  Quickly I hear back from the customer, make revisions, we decide on a "final", and that is when I upload the super dooper card requesting a fast track.  Prior to this idea I had a request that took no less than 6 approvals...not fun for me, the customer or I am sure the weary approvers....it works for me!!!
Linda

Email   IP Logged
Markess_139031
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #27 - Nov 16th, 2009, 4:40pm

Quote from Linda_132742 on Nov 16th, 2009, 4:26pm:
Somewhere, in one of the forums I mentioned this, but given the fact that hopefully we will all be getting tons of custom card requests....

When I get a custom request, I design, upload as per usual, and then send the "card" as a "free email.  This is quick, no need for approval from GCU.  Quickly I hear back from the customer, make revisions, we decide on a "final", and that is when I upload the super dooper card requesting a fast track.  Prior to this idea I had a request that took no less than 6 approvals...not fun for me, the customer or I am sure the weary approvers....it works for me!!!
Linda

You could also just upload it from your Hard Drive as a free ecard couldn't you or is that against the rules of use???

ALLMarkMade Designs Card Creations:
http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/ALLMarkMade
Email   IP Logged
Gail_131703
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #28 - Nov 17th, 2009, 10:07am

This is a great new feature!

However, when I went to my store to check it out, I clicked and clicked on the palette at the top of my store, and nothing happened. I'm pretty computer and internet savvy, but it took me a long time to realize that it didn't mean "use this icon," it meant, "when you see this icon, click on it to contact the artist."

I am patient and stubborn so I figured it out, but if I had been a shopper I would have thought it was just another glitch and moved on.

I'd like to suggest you change the wording a little.

Thanks! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #29 - Nov 17th, 2009, 10:22am

however i have to double double click to get any to come up for me... that maybe vistas fault.  not sure

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #30 - Nov 17th, 2009, 3:01pm

Denise,,,,,
Hm..........all is well here with links...Linda on a mac, Safari

Email   IP Logged
Sheryl_133470
Gold Member
artist

Reply #31 - Nov 18th, 2009, 5:03am

Since some artist & buyers have thought the "icon" within that statement at the top of our stores was linkable to activate the request, perhaps it could be reworded and say....

Request a Custom Card at NO additional Cost by clicking this Icon * "within the card" to Contact the Artist.

Just a thought.... Sher  Cheesy

(I substituted the * for the icon because I didn't know how to include the icon pictured here in the forum. )

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #32 - Nov 18th, 2009, 5:39am

Sheryl,
I am glad someone brought this up since my first instinct was to click on the icon up there in the header also Grin

Can I throw in my two cents on some possible wording also if that's OK  Cheesy

Request a Custom Designed Card at NO additional Cost. Look for this Icon (icon here) below each card to contact the artist.

or even without the' below each card'...

Request a Custom Designed Card at NO additional Cost. Look for this Icon (icon here) to contact the artist.

I agree with you that we definitely need to make it more obvious that this Icon is just illustrative and not a link.

Pamela Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Sheryl_133470
Gold Member
artist

Reply #33 - Nov 18th, 2009, 5:58am

Smiley  Here is one more suggestion....

Request a Custom Card at NO additional Cost by clicking this Icon * found near each card to Contact the Artist.  

Sher

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #34 - Nov 18th, 2009, 7:43am

Do we still post our pid numbers anyplace for fast track cards on these custom orders? I have one- the number is 528233 that I need to have fast tracked for a customer. I wouldn't say anything, but the last few fast track cards I put up for a customer took a few days- and so far she hasn't returned...am hoping she still will though.  Smiley
Thanks,
Tammy

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #35 - Nov 18th, 2009, 7:48am

Tammy,
I don't know the answer to your question other than the fast track check box on the create a card page. I haven't fast tracked anything for a while but I have read of others finding it slow nowadays.

I really just wanted to say LOVE the new logo! Grin

Pamela

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #36 - Nov 18th, 2009, 8:06am

Pamela
lol- thanks! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Madeline_M._134825
artist

Reply #37 - Nov 18th, 2009, 10:48am

Hi! Everyone!  Smiley

I also fast tracked 4 cards awhile ago. 1 was approved right away and the other 3 are just collecting dust, I guess. It seems that it is taking a longer time for approvals now.  Huh Wondering why? I don't mind the 5-7 day wait on regular cards, but isn't this Fast Track supposed to be like " Right Away"???
I hope we don't loose sales because of the slow responce to the "FAST TRACK" REQUESTS!

I know that GCU IS BUSY but this needs attending to ASAP for all of us, in this busy season!

Have A Great Day Everyone!  Smiley
Madeline / SmudgeArt

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #38 - Nov 18th, 2009, 1:26pm

Quote from Madeline_M._134825 on Nov 18th, 2009, 10:48am:
Hi! Everyone!  Smiley

I also fast tracked 4 cards awhile ago. 1 was approved right away and the other 3 are just collecting dust, I guess. It seems that it is taking a longer time for approvals now.  Huh Wondering why? I don't mind the 5-7 day wait on regular cards, but isn't this Fast Track supposed to be like " Right Away"???
I hope we don't loose sales because of the slow responce to the "FAST TRACK" REQUESTS!

I know that GCU IS BUSY but this needs attending to ASAP for all of us, in this busy season!

Madeline / SmudgeArt

Madeline- have any of your other three been approved? My card is still waiting...

Email   IP Logged
Madeline_M._134825
artist

Reply #39 - Nov 18th, 2009, 2:45pm

Quote from Tammy_131374 on Nov 18th, 2009, 1:26pm:
Quote from Madeline_M._134825 on Nov 18th, 2009, 10:48am:
Hi! Everyone!  Smiley

Madeline / SmudgeArt

Madeline- have any of your other three been approved? My card is still waiting...

Hi! Tammy no not yet!  Roll Eyes  

Madeline / SmudgeArt

Product Id: 528236

Product Id: 528220

Product Id: 528217

Product Id: 528214 ....... this one was instant fast tracked!

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #40 - Nov 18th, 2009, 6:00pm

Okay...another question. Are the cards that we put in our private galleries still being approved right away or is there a time lapse for those now also? I had a card I wanted to purchase for my parents for Thanksgiving- I had it up for fast track, but thought it might be faster to just put it in my private gallery, um...now I am wondering.  
Also thanks to the reviewers for approving the custom request card! Smiley
Thanks
Tammy

Email   IP Logged
Madeline_M._134825
artist

Reply #41 - Nov 18th, 2009, 6:25pm

Quote from Tammy_131374 on Nov 18th, 2009, 6:00pm:
Okay...another question. Are the cards that we put in our private galleries still being approved right away or is there a time lapse for those now also? I had a card I wanted to purchase for my parents for Thanksgiving- I had it up for fast track, but thought it might be faster to just put it in my private gallery, um...now I am wondering.
Thanks
Tammy

Hi! Tammy my cards are now approved also.  

THANKS GCU!  Grin

They are in my Private Gallery for the Customer. I emailed the customer with the link to my private gallery for him to choose what cards he wanted.  

I think this will all work out fine for us. New things just need us to work out the kinks. lol!  

I do think the fast track is the best idea. But maybe someone with more knowledge could add info here.
I'm still fumbeling at times! lol!

Happy Holidays Tammy!  Wink

Madeline / Maddy / SmudgeArt  

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #42 - Nov 19th, 2009, 11:25am

Quote from Madeline_M._134825 on Nov 18th, 2009, 6:25pm:
Quote from Tammy_131374 on Nov 18th, 2009, 6:00pm:
Thanks
Tammy

Hi! Tammy my cards are now approved also.

THANKS GCU!  Grin

They are in my Private Gallery for the Customer. I emailed the customer with the link to my private gallery for him to choose what cards he wanted.

I think this will all work out fine for us. New things just need us to work out the kinks. lol!

I do think the fast track is the best idea. But maybe someone with more knowledge could add info here.
I'm still fumbeling at times! lol!

Happy Holidays Tammy!  Wink

Madeline / Maddy / SmudgeArt

FastTrack and Private Cards should typically be review within 24 hours if not within a matter of hours.  You've given us cause to think about Private cards.  The only reason for them to be reviewed is subject matter, image appropriateness based on our image guidelines.

We will certainly consider allowing Private cards to avoid the review process completely as long as artists are aware of the fact that any offensive images, particularly adult content (nudity, violence, drug use, discrimination) are likely to be held and not printed.

Thoughts?  Roll Eyes

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #43 - Nov 19th, 2009, 11:27am

Quote from Sheryl_133470 on Nov 18th, 2009, 5:03am:
Since some artist & buyers have thought the "icon" within that statement at the top of our stores was linkable to activate the request, perhaps it could be reworded and say....

Request a Custom Card at NO additional Cost by clicking this Icon * "within the card" to Contact the Artist.

(I substituted the * for the icon because I didn't know how to include the icon pictured here in the forum. )

YES, we will certainly reconsider the working of this text.   Thanks for your suggestions!

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #44 - Nov 19th, 2009, 11:43am

Mindy- that would be great if the private gallery was approved right away! On custom cards that we create for customers- do we put those up for fast track or are we supposed to put them into our private gallery? I am a little confused on that. I like the idea of a Private Gallery for my own personal cards- that way if I have a card that I would like to upload and send to family members, I can just upload and purchase right away, but really I would rather keep Custom made cards for others in my store gallery. I thought that is what the Fast Track option was all about...
Could you clarify that for us?

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #45 - Nov 20th, 2009, 4:14am

Mindy,
I think allowing private cards to go without approval would be wonderful!  I think this would really improve customer service...we all know in the world we live in if we have to wait too long for something we lose interest in it and move on.  Thanks for considering this.
Kathy

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #46 - Nov 20th, 2009, 4:49am

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #47 - Nov 20th, 2009, 11:10am

Quote from Tom_133317 on Nov 20th, 2009, 4:49am:

Me like, we're on the same page  Wink

we'll need to also include some notice in this "bypass review" acceptance that the artist has proofed their card for things like grammar, spelling, typos, 1/4 edge allowance, etc.

« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2009, 3:45pm by Mindy »  
Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #48 - Nov 20th, 2009, 11:24am

Quote from Tammy_131374 on Nov 19th, 2009, 11:43am:
Mindy- that would be great if the private gallery was approved right away! On custom cards that we create for customers- do we put those up for fast track or are we supposed to put them into our private gallery? I am a little confused on that. I like the idea of a Private Gallery for my own personal cards- that way if I have a card that I would like to upload and send to family members, I can just upload and purchase right away, but really I would rather keep Custom made cards for others in my store gallery. I thought that is what the Fast Track option was all about...
Could you clarify that for us?

FastTrack is reserved for cards you need asap in response to a shopper request via either your own connections or via GCU.  It is not intended to hurry up holiday cards that you've created too close to the holiday date UNLESS we have specific that it is ok.  For example we recently put a call out for Christmas Photo Cards and have allowed those to be FastTracked.

A Private card by the nature should get priority review status but you can FastTrack it as well just to make sure.  For custom card orders most would be Private although some may be suited for the general or Public gallery.  

Here are some examples...
1) if your custom card uses any shopper specific content it should be Private.  Like photos, names, address, dates, etc.  This would not be a card of interest to other shoppers and your shopper would most likely not what their card out in the general public for others to see & purchase.

2) if your custom card is generally applicable and does not use any shopper specifics then it is fine to be Public.  A shopper may want a different color version or wording.  Like...Can you do this in Purple?  Can you say Grandpop instead of Grandpa?  Can you use a Poodle vs a Yorkie?  Can you say 43 birthday?, etc.

Hope that helps.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #49 - Nov 20th, 2009, 3:35pm

Quote from Mindy on Nov 19th, 2009, 11:27am:
Quote from Sheryl_133470 on Nov 18th, 2009, 5:03am:

YES, we will certainly reconsider the working of this text.   Thanks for your suggestions!

Done!  "....Look for this icon * to Contact the Artist"

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #50 - Nov 21st, 2009, 4:52am

I received my first "Artist Palette" initiated custom request.  It was to modify the words on a Bridesmaid invitation card and to also make a version of it as a Maid of Honor invitation card.  I've completed the cards, Fast-Tracked them to my Private gallery, and eCarded them to her for review.

This "job" hits on the 2 points we have bee discussing;  variable minimums and instant approval of private cards.  

1:  Variable Minimums - Earlier I asked about the variable minimum need, but have not recieved a reply as yet.  I have my minimum set at 15, but thankfully this bride still contacted me, otherwise I may have lost a sale.  It's doubtful she needs 15.  Here's the thread on this:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1257540674/23#22

2:  Instant Private Card Approvals - The instant approval of private cards would be helpful on this job too.  I would have rather sent her an email (within hours of her request) informing her that her cards are done and provide her links to place her order.  I'm sure she's be thrilled vs. waiting possibly more than a day (I wasn't really able to commit to a day when these would be approved since even Fast Tracking has been backed-up, plus this is the weekend.)   I believe customers should not be made to wait.  If they find an issue with the private card once they review it (such as an overlooked typo), then they likely will reply to the artist to have that fixed (ie: Change Image process) until they are happy.

Thanks,   TOM

Email   IP Logged
candace_131548
artist

Reply #51 - Nov 21st, 2009, 8:35am

I, too, have a customer waiting for ‟approval”....

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #52 - Nov 21st, 2009, 11:18am

Quote from candace_131548 on Nov 21st, 2009, 8:35am:

You might check your store.  My Fast Track custom cards were approved about 5 hours ago and I've yet to receive the approval emails.  I did contact the Bride and she has since order 5 of the custom Bridesmaid card and 1 of the custom Maid of Honor card.

« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2009, 2:55pm by Tom_133317 »  
Email   IP Logged
candace_131548
artist

Reply #53 - Nov 21st, 2009, 11:40am

thanks - just did but no go - customer probably gone from the office for the w/e anyway, so no worries.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #54 - Nov 23rd, 2009, 10:33am

Quote from Tom_133317 on Nov 21st, 2009, 11:18am:
Quote from candace_131548 on Nov 21st, 2009, 8:35am:

You might check your store.  My Fast Track custom cards were approved about 5 hours ago and I've yet to receive the approval emails.  I did contact the Bride and she has since order 5 of the custom Bridesmaid card and 1 of the custom Maid of Honor card.

Did your approval emails arrive?

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #55 - Nov 23rd, 2009, 10:39am

They came through today at 9:06am PST.  What do you think happened?

Email   IP Logged
candace_131548
artist

Reply #56 - Nov 23rd, 2009, 11:18am

Mine was approved a couple hours after I posted. Thank you!

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #57 - Nov 23rd, 2009, 11:19am

Probably a stupid question- but when we reply to the customers are we supposed to reply to their personal emails they provide or are we supposed to reply to the gcu email that we receive? Just wanted to make sure how we are really supposed to do this since I received another request. I have just been responding to the email address they provide, but if that is not how we are supposed to be responding I'd like to know now so that I can get it right from here on out. lol
Thanks
Tammy

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #58 - Nov 23rd, 2009, 6:38pm

Hi Tammy,
First I would like to compliment you on your new logo/aviator, very well done and professional.

Second:  I respond to the customer via their email.  That has worked for me.  I send designs using the 'free email ' feature.  Once the design is final and a "good to go", I upload it as a fast track requested by customer".
Linda

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #59 - Nov 24th, 2009, 11:40am

Quote from Tom_133317 on Nov 23rd, 2009, 10:39am:

Tom, email me with the pid#'s so I can take a look at the queue history. Thanks.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #60 - Nov 24th, 2009, 11:41am

Quote from Tammy_131374 on Nov 23rd, 2009, 11:19am:
Probably a stupid question- but when we reply to the customers are we supposed to reply to their personal emails they provide or are we supposed to reply to the gcu email that we receive? Just wanted to make sure how we are really supposed to do this since I received another request. I have just been responding to the email address they provide, but if that is not how we are supposed to be responding I'd like to know now so that I can get it right from here on out. lol
Thanks
Tammy

Yes, please contact the shopper directly via their email or phone number they've provided.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #61 - Nov 24th, 2009, 11:49am

We have added an OPTIONAL field to the Custom Request feature for requesting shoppers to indicate their Intended Order Quantity so artists will have a better idea of the possible order size.  If the shopper enters a quantity, this field will show in your Custom Request email, if no quantity is entered the field will not show in your email.

ie: Intended Order Quantity: 75

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #62 - Nov 24th, 2009, 2:00pm

Quote from Mindy on Nov 24th, 2009, 11:40am:
Quote from Tom_133317 on Nov 23rd, 2009, 10:39am:
Tom, email me with the pid#'s so I can take a look at the queue history. Thanks.

Product IDs: 529891 and 529892

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #63 - Nov 25th, 2009, 3:42pm

Quote from Mindy on Nov 20th, 2009, 11:10am:
Quote from Tom_133317 on Nov 20th, 2009, 4:49am:

Me like, we're on the same page  Wink

we'll need to also include some notice in this "bypass review" acceptance that the artist has proofed their card for things like grammar, spelling, typos, 1/4 edge allowance, etc.

This feature is now live, optional checkbox to waive review of your private cards, see here:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1259192293/0

Email   IP Logged
Esperanza_137996
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #64 - Nov 25th, 2009, 6:48pm

Quote from Mindy on Nov 24th, 2009, 11:41am:
Quote from Tammy_131374 on Nov 23rd, 2009, 11:19am:
Thanks
Tammy

Yes, please contact the shopper directly via their email or phone number they've provided.

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #65 - Nov 27th, 2009, 3:04am

I suggest that the card buyer's email address be a clickable link in the email sent to us on these requests.  Right now we have to retype the address into our email program or cut/paste it.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.