Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
New Custom Card Request Feature LIVE (Read 17414 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

New Custom Card Request Feature LIVE
Nov 6th, 2009, 12:51pm

The Custom Card Request feature is Live!  On GCU only for now and will roll out to our other sites later.  Remember this is for customization of ANY card not just photo cards.  See here for original post on this feature:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1255481380

Here’s what we’ve got…
1) New Custom Card Request Icon is now under all card thumbnail images and on the View Details page.  It is an artist’s palette. The Comment/Rate a Card icon has moved to the View Details page (under the “heart” favorite and is now a “star” icon vs. the caption).

See thumbnails here:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/cb.asp?cid=294

See View Details page here:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/viewdetails.asp?pid=518893&cid= 190

2) When a request by a shopper is submitted via this feature artists will receive an email with all the pertinent information.   If the shopper has included any images (up to 5 allowed) they will be attached.  The submitting shopper will also receive a confirmation email that their request was sent (shopper email will go live next week).  

3) Note if you have turned your Custom Requests setting to NO the palette icon will still function yet your message to shoppers will say the following and they can still send you a message:

“This particular artist does not accept custom requests at this time.  You can still send them a message below.”

4) We will be working on a way to give cards that receive custom requests extra “brownie points” via the most popular formula.

5) We will be doing a Holiday Photo Card promotion next week.

Feel free to give it a test on one of your own cards.  Let us know how this is working for you and if you have any questions.  Let the requests begin!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Re: New Custom Card Request Feature LIVE
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2009, 1:52pm

This is exciting news but I find myself with a slight problem. undecided  

In the artists notes for many, many of my cards, I added that if they needed it customized they could contact me through the 'contact the artist' in my store (no-one ever did by the way Wink) I did this particularly on some of the wedding designs where there are so many possibilities.  

I have close to 700 cards how can I edit the artists notes on each card, please don't say one at a time?  cry

I wondered also has anyone had requests to add a name or make a simple change on a single card in the past, and how would we make it known that we can do that if a customer needs it?  
I know there is the 'wanted new cards' but someone may want a Peggy cocker spaniel card and just a name added with Happy Birthday.  
Any ideas as to how to convey this to the customer, should this be in the artist notes? that individual card requests that do not involve adding a customers photo are considered.

Hoping that all makes sense Smiley
Pamela

Email   IP Logged
Janet_134086
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2009, 2:03pm

Thank You.. Mindy and Techies!

Just noticed this as I went to comment on Susies` Wine Card...Well Done!

This was a great idea, I sent a test message to myself along with a photo, and it`s working great!

Pamela, I also have sent them to contact artist via my store on my cards...Ive learned not to sweat the small stuff, ...I am going to delete the contact artist on all future cards. I`m sure that will work just as well.

*Another great way to make sales!  TY GCU!
Hugs, Janet Lee Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2009, 2:33pm

Quote from Pamela_135500 on Nov 6th, 2009, 1:52pm:
This is exciting news but I find myself with a slight problem. undecided

In the artists notes for many, many of my cards, I added that if they needed it customized they could contact me through the 'contact the artist' in my store (no-one ever did by the way Wink) I did this particularly on some of the wedding designs where there are so many possibilities.

I have close to 700 cards how can I edit the artists notes on each card, please don't say one at a time?  cry

I wondered also has anyone had requests to add a name or make a simple change on a single card in the past, and how would we make it known that we can do that if a customer needs it?
I know there is the 'wanted new cards' but someone may want a Peggy cocker spaniel card and just a name added with Happy Birthday.
Any ideas as to how to convey this to the customer, should this be in the artist notes? that individual card requests that do not involve adding a customers photo are considered.

Hoping that all makes sense Smiley
Pamela

No global fix on Artist Notes so yes it would be a one by one affair, however as Janet offers it's not a biggie, as long as they reach you is what matters and you can adjust on future cards if you like or keep your Artist Notes the same.  This is just another way to help the shopper contact you.

As for individual card requests this new feature is for that too, not just photo cards.  The fact that the new icon appears on ALL thumbnails, not just photo card thumbnails suggests that the card can be customized.  Secondly, setting your minimum order quantity to 1 will indicate this also.  Lastly, the image upload is indicated as "optional".

Hope that helps!

Email   IP Logged
Kathleen_137290
artist

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2009, 2:39pm

Fantastic!  Works like a charm.

Thanks GCU!!!

Question:  Where do I set my minimum order setting?

Kati

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2009, 2:46pm

This is very exciting.  I just tried it out and everything seemed to work fine.  Thanks GCU.
Kathy

Email   IP Logged
Kathleen_137290
artist

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2009, 2:50pm

I found where to set under global preferences.

Thanks,
Kati

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2009, 3:12pm

Thanks Mindy, like you and Janet said I shall not sweat the small stuff, haven't had a request yet anyway!
and I do have a life Grin Grin
About the quantity, not sure about the commitment to add a customers photo for a single card order undecided especially since it may be way more involved than adding a name.......
I guess I'll set it to QTY1 and go 'fish' for a while and see if I get any bites undecided  

Pamela

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #8 - Nov 6th, 2009, 3:21pm

Quote from Kathleen_137290 on Nov 6th, 2009, 2:50pm:
I found where to set under global preferences.

Thanks,
Kati

Great, for others wondering:
1) Available Now - a new "Custom Requests" setting in your Admin page under Global Preferences.  The default is set to YES.  If you do not want to receive custom requests you need to set this to NO.  This new setting applies to ALL of your cards, it can not be managed on a card by card basis.  
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/edit_globals.asp  

as well as minimum order quantity and your message to shoppers.

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Nov 6th, 2009, 3:31pm

Hello all and Mindy,
as you know I delight in customizing cards...but I don't understand what I need to do with this new thingy...hopefully nothing?

Linda, The flying horse horse, got a touch of an early winter whatever....not the flu...just a cough cough, oh well, more info than you could ever want.....Time for more meds...lol

Email   IP Logged
Neva_136472
artist

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2009, 7:33am

Wow!!!!! This is great.  Thanks.
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Peggy_137160
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2009, 11:36am

very exciting!

Pamela - thanks for using my pups as an example  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2009, 11:51am

You are very welcome Peggy,  Smiley

Pamela

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2009, 7:51pm

Quote from Mindy on Nov 6th, 2009, 3:21pm:

. . .for others wondering:
1) Available Now - a new "Custom Requests" setting in your Admin page under Global Preferences. The default is set to YES. If you do not want to receive custom requests you need to set this to NO. . .
??? Huh Mine appeared to be set on NO as a default, before I did anything. !! Shocked Huh  Did you guys have a premonition that I'd be setting it to no?  (I did flip it to yes with a new message -- just to see if it was working --- it was, and promptly set back to no. . . especially since it appears on EVERY card.  I can't imagine getting a request to "personalize" a card that was never intended as such!  It's too bad that when we create a card there can't be a box to click indicating that indicates: this card is "personalize-able."

Just my own feeling. . . curious, too -- would all these "customized cards" be put in the "fast track" for review, bumping all the "regular Joes" back??? Could be a problem.

'e'

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - Nov 7th, 2009, 9:16pm

i had set mine to yes and set a different minimum... but just went back and set it to no for now.  i agree with ernestine so many are not really intended to be personalized.. i too would like to see it on some but not all.  

i am so busy right now anyway i would hate to get sidetracked and forget someones request.  maybe i will reconsider, or if we can choose some to offer, that would be better for me anyway Cool

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.