Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Demystifying Card Status Terminology (Read 4546 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Demystifying Card Status Terminology
Jun 4th, 2009, 4:06pm

We will be updating Card Status terminology to be more clear, consistent and considerate based on prior feedback.

These are the status terms and definitions we'd like to implement:

PENDING = awaiting review, in the review queue
HELD = awaiting further review, in the HOLD queue
APPROVED = approved
DECLINED = rejected  
RETURNED for Edits = returned to artist to edit & resubmit
SUBMITTED = all cards, not really a status but a master/summary number

Please give us your feedback.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Re: Demystifying Card Status Terminology
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2009, 4:35pm

This system seems gracious and nicely delineated to me. I have two questions:

HELD, therefore, would refer to a card already seen by the review team, and the reason(s) for its being held would have been made known to the contributor?

and

Will APPROVED WITH COMMENTS, where the reviewers facilitated simple corrections in categorizing and the like, no longer be in use? (That was very pleasant while it lasted!)

Thank you,
Joan

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2009, 4:50pm

Quote from Joan_135833 on Jun 4th, 2009, 4:35pm:
This system seems gracious and nicely delineated to me. I have two questions:

HELD, therefore, would refer to a card already seen by the review team, and the reason(s) for its being held would have been made known to the contributor?

and

Will APPROVED WITH COMMENTS, where the reviewers facilitated simple corrections in categorizing and the like, no longer be in use? (That was very pleasant while it lasted!)

Thank you,
Joan

YES, TYPICALLY A NOTIFICATION SENT TO CONTRIBUTOR THAT WE'RE TAKING A SECOND LOOK, WAITING ON NEW CATEGORY, ETC.

and

THIS SUBJECT LINE WILL REMAIN AS WE AGREE IT IS HELPFUL, THE ASSOCIATED STATUS IS SIMPLY "APPROVED"

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2009, 4:57pm

Many thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2009, 5:08pm

Perhaps Declined=Unaccepted, with reason provided in the comments and traceable to a clearly defined statement on:

Copyright
Quality of image (focus, size, ...)
Rule violation (profanity, racism, nudity, ...
Other (?)

Or perhaps use the term Unaccepted vs. Declined.

Email   IP Logged
Nilla_136687
artist

Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2009, 2:16am

Hey Everybody,
I love the sensitivity that the Greeting Card Universe is showing all of use with the new terminology.  
I like it just like they have changed it.  
I would much rather be 'delcined' than 'rejected' or 'unaccepted.' It just feels easier to swallow.
All my respect,
Nilla

Email   IP Logged
Audrey_132599
artist

Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2009, 11:19am

Mindy,

Submitted would be OK initially but it  stays there too long. Don't think it is necessary. While it states submitted on the tile page, it says pending on the store report page. Too confusing. Better to be consistent and simple.

~Audrey

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #7 - Jun 18th, 2009, 4:07pm

We have uncovered a couple of other needs to incorporate re: Fast Track and Resubmitted cards.  So we are looking at this revised list of status terminology:

Pending-Submitted = awaiting 1st review, in the review queue
Pending-FastTrack = awaiting 1st review, in the review queue ASAP Requested
Pending-Resubmitted = awaiting 2nd or more review, in the review queue after Returned for Edits
Pending-Held = awaiting further review, in the HOLD queue  
Approved = approved
Declined = rejected
Returned for Edits = returned to artist to edit & resubmit

This will help both artists and reviewers to better identify and take action on cards that are Fast Track (this will eliminate the email request process) and treat Resubmitted cards differently vs them going back into the pending queue.

We hope to implement this the week of 6/22.  I will post back here when it is live.

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #8 - Jun 18th, 2009, 4:53pm

Sounds very thorough and conscientious; good luck with the implementation process and

Regards,
Joan

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #9 - Jun 22nd, 2009, 12:55pm

Quote from Mindy on Jun 18th, 2009, 4:07pm:
We have uncovered a couple of other needs to incorporate re: Fast Track and Resubmitted cards.  So we are looking at this revised list of status terminology:

Pending-Submitted = awaiting 1st review, in the review queue
Pending-FastTrack = awaiting 1st review, in the review queue ASAP Requested
Pending-Resubmitted = awaiting 2nd or more review, in the review queue after Returned for Edits
Pending-Held = awaiting further review, in the HOLD queue
Approved = approved
Declined = rejected
Returned for Edits = returned to artist to edit & resubmit

This will help both artists and reviewers to better identify and take action on cards that are Fast Track (this will eliminate the email request process) and treat Resubmitted cards differently vs them going back into the pending queue.

We hope to implement this the week of 6/22.  I will post back here when it is live.

These changes have gone LIVE as of today 6/22.

PLEASE NOTE: NEW FAST TRACK procedure - You no longer need to send an email to the card review team to request a Fast Track review.  When you are creating your card on Card Details you'll notice a check box after the "Categories" that is to indicate a Fast Track request.  This will indicate your request to our Review Team.  As usual this should be used selectively and only for private cards and cards that are custom requests by shoppers.  In fairness to all artists we will monitor the use of this new Fast Track setting and will not tolerate any abuse.

Please let us know what you think and if we've missed anything.

Thanks for everyone's great input & patience!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Janet_134086
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Jun 22nd, 2009, 1:33pm

Great Job GCU Team... Wink
Hugs, Janet Lee

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - Jun 22nd, 2009, 5:15pm

Neatly done, indeed. Now I'm wondering about an idea someone mentioned quite awhile back: the possibility to include a short message to the reviewers within a submission, which could be deleted when the card is approved and posted. I know that some of us resort to writing something in the space for artist's notes, which has obvious drawbacks, or to sending a separate e-mail, which presents other problems. Any chance of creating a very limited block of space in the card creation area (to be used only when circumstances truly warrant)?

The better it gets, the more we want!...

Thanks for considering as well as for all that has gone before,
Joan

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - Jun 22nd, 2009, 11:50pm

Quote from Joan_135833 on Jun 22nd, 2009, 5:15pm:
Neatly done, indeed. Now I'm wondering about an idea someone mentioned quite awhile back: the possibility to include a short message to the reviewers within a submission, which could be deleted when the card is approved and posted. Joan

Yes.  A good case was recently with this card:
http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/community/viewdetails.asp?pid=445560& page=1&aid=133317

I wanted to misspell several words, as many of us do when writing a scratch note, and wanted to inform the reviewer that I did it on purpose and to not return it to me for edits.  Instead, I opted to not have any spelling errors. (turns out I DID misspell “altar,” but the reviewer either missed it or let it slide.  That is an easy word to misspell!)

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.