Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Image Reuse Guidelines - 3x Limit (Read 5003 times)
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Image Reuse Guidelines - 3x Limit
Jun 1st, 2009, 1:45pm

A card image may be reused.  The General Rule is 3 times with the following guidelines and exceptions...

1. Age, Name and Relationship Specific cards can use the same image/art.  The design can be the same BUT with the specific name, initial, relationship or age/year differing on the FRONT thus setting it apart at a glance from its neighbor.

2. Inside Text Alone does NOT differentiate a card.  Cards using the same image and different inside text are considered identical cards and are allowed to be used up to 3 times AND must be in different categories.  This applies to ALL cards including age, name and relation specific cards.  

3. Color Variations of the same design are considered near identical and will only be allowed up to 3 variations.  If you feel customers want more choices simply pick your top 3 colors and put in your Artist's Notes that you'll create the card for them in any color they like.  

4. Front Verse Variations using the same or similar image/art can be used multiple times (more than 3) if the messaging on the FRONT of the card differs and designates the cards for different categories ie: Father's Day, Birthday for Him, Thank You, Birthday Dad, etc.  

5. Wording Variations meaning essentially the same thing using the same image/art will be limited to 3 times when in the same category.  For example: Friend, Buddy, Pal, My Bud, Ole' Partner, BFF, Best Friend, etc.  Only 3 of these would be allowed as they would all go into the same subcategory >> For Friend.  HOWEVER if subcategories exist for any of these specific terms it is an exception to the rule.  For example: If there are subcategories for >> For Best Friend and >> For Friend then "BFF" and "Best Friend" are allowed in >> For Best Friend AND 3 others can go into >> For Friend.

Another similar example: Mom, Mommy, Mother, Mama, Mum, Mummy.  Only 3 of these would be allowed as they would all go into the same subcategory >> From Mom / Mother.  HOWEVER if subcategories exist for any of these specific terms it is an exception to the rule.  For example: If there are subcategories >> For Mum and >> For Mom / Mother then "Mum" and "Mummy" are allowed in >> For Mum AND 3 others can go into >> For Mom / Mother.

Email   IP Logged
Norval_132688
Gold Member
artist

Re: Image Reuse Guidelines - 3x Limit
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:07am

Mindy, on these guidelines could you clarafy the use of Non- English verse on front of card, for example, same image, all birthday, or friend, but the same verse in different languages, in all the languages we offer plus other.  This definitely is a GCU nitch.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2009, 2:46pm

Quote from Norval_132688 on Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:07am:
Mindy, on these guidelines could you clarafy the use of Non- English verse on front of card, for example, same image, all birthday, or friend, but the same verse in different languages, in all the languages we offer plus other.  This definitely is a GCU nitch.

The use of different languages on the front of the same/similar card would make these cards considered different even if for the same occasion and thus not limited to 3.

For example Birthday cards in:
French
German
Greek
Italian
Spanish
Russian
etc.....

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2009, 4:36am

Are photocards exempt from the 3x rule since they will all be modified by definition?

For instance, I have several cards already used 3 times that I might also want to add as an insert face/head/body photocard.  I'd add some instructions to the image itself as well.

Thanks -  

TOM

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2010, 11:08am

Quote from Tom_133317 on Dec 8th, 2009, 4:36am:
Are photocards exempt from the 3x rule since they will all be modified by definition?

For instance, I have several cards already used 3 times that I might also want to add as an insert face/head/body photocard.  I'd add some instructions to the image itself as well.

Thanks -

TOM

Hi Tom, sorry for the delay...if I understand correctly this should be ok as the fact that the photo on the front will be different ie: customizable version vs the "ready to order" cards using the same/similar photo/design should make it different.   Perhaps you can post some example pids.

Email   IP Logged
Josette_139119
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2010, 3:45am

Hi Mindy,

Thanks again for this!  

Greetings Josette

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2010, 11:11pm

Mindy- I just sent a message to you that was sort of important- I just wanted to let you know. Thanks

Email   IP Logged
Tanya_131398
artist

Reply #7 - May 27th, 2010, 8:47am

Hmmmm, just a tad off topic.  Roll Eyes Tongue

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #8 - May 28th, 2010, 2:51pm

Quote from Tanya_131398 on May 27th, 2010, 8:47am:
Hmmmm, just a tad off topic.  Roll Eyes Tongue

We removed post  Huh

Email   IP Logged
Tanya_131398
artist

Reply #9 - May 28th, 2010, 4:39pm

Thanks Mindy. Spam is so annoying and rude.  Tongue

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.