Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 22
The thread for all found misplaced cards!!! (Read 109578 times)
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

The thread for all found misplaced cards!!!
Mar 16th, 2009, 1:21pm

Easter in the April Fool's Day section? Chocolate and biscotti in Passover?  
We all have them, we all find them. Cards in the most bizzarre categories. Well, here's a thread to post our findings...if nothing else, it will make us feel better. If you find one of mine in a zany place, please let me know!!!

(This is not for nitpicky stuff. This is just for cards that are really, really in the wrong spot.)

Email   IP Logged
Michael_136329
artist

Re: The thread for all found misplaced cards!!!
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2009, 1:39pm

Thank you Angela, I found one of my own cards in an out of the way spot. I won't be surprised to find that it is my own fault. . .I typed "Dinosaurs" into the search engine to find one one my cards with dinosaurs on it. On the first page of the results were lots of artist's dinosaur cards and one of my cards that is a picture of a Native teepee village in the early morning, designed as a "Get Well" card for my brother.

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/dinosaur It's on this page if you want to see how "un-dinosaur" it is.

So, I have "Dinosaur" cards. . .but there are un-dinosaur card mixed in with the lot. I am not blaming anyone and I take the responsibility for this piticular card showing up in the search. I just don't know what to do. Perhaps I should have a 3rd store that would have the un-dinosaur cards. Any feedback would be appreciated. I have had complaints from some of the un-dinosaur cards that the dinosaurs are always eyeballing them. . .dinosaurs.  undecided Michael

Dinosaur Cards Have Dinosaurs With Fun and Humor:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/dinosaur
Email   IP Logged
Sally_131513
artist

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2009, 1:45pm

Some of mine are well,  they should be in other places but i think it's somewhat due to having added more categories here since they were made.  I am not sure how to handle moving them as you know... we cannot do it ourselves.   hmmm ponder....  have to ask?   Roll Eyes

Sal     Grin

Email   IP Logged
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2009, 2:10pm

Your card probably came up because of your store name...that's a problem too.

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2009, 2:34pm

Maybe we need a 'nod' from the bosses to figure what will work best and what we can and cannot do for ourselves on this, since Sally is right about not being able to do some of it ourselves. But I do feel we could collectively make a difference in this as soon as we work out how.  
Pamela

« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2009, 12:17pm by Pamela_135500 »  
Email   IP Logged
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2009, 3:20pm

michael, i wasnt trying to say your store was the problem. anyone looking up fairy is going to get all of my unfairy cards as well.

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2009, 7:31pm

Angela, good of you to take the initiative with this. I do believe, however, that we'll need some direction from the administrators, as Pam and Sue have noted, so that we ultimately carry out this effort in the best possible way.

Joan

www.missprinteditions.com

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2009, 12:12pm

Quote from Michael_136329 on Mar 16th, 2009, 1:39pm:
Thank you Angela, I found one of my own cards in an out of the way spot. I won't be surprised to find that it is my own fault. . .I typed "Dinosaurs" into the search engine to find one one my cards with dinosaurs on it. On the first page of the results were lots of artist's dinosaur cards and one of my cards that is a picture of a Native teepee village in the early morning, designed as a "Get Well" card for my brother.

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/dinosaur It's on this page if you want to see how "un-dinosaur" it is.

So, I have "Dinosaur" cards. . .but there are un-dinosaur card mixed in with the lot. I am not blaming anyone and I take the responsibility for this piticular card showing up in the search. I just don't know what to do. Perhaps I should have a 3rd store that would have the un-dinosaur cards. Any feedback would be appreciated. I have had complaints from some of the un-dinosaur cards that the dinosaurs are always eyeballing them. . .dinosaurs.  undecided Michael

Angela has pointed out the correct reason why your un-dinosaur cards appear in a search for "dinosaur".  It is your artist name "2dinosaurs" which is taken into account  for search results.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2009, 12:17pm

Cards in incorrect categories is a different issue than erroneous cards appearing in search results.  However both can be reported.

We can try reporting here for now to see how it works.  Our staff can look into the reports and make necessary fixes.  If effective then perhaps we create a more prominent board topic.

Please be specific when reporting including the product id# as well as page URL or page number on specific category page.

Let's give it a go.  Roll Eyes

Email   IP Logged
Pamela_135500
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Mar 17th, 2009, 12:20pm

Thank you Mindy for allowing a trial run. Smiley  

Artists start your engines! Grin

Pamela

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Mar 17th, 2009, 12:41pm

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/cb.asp

A search for "Passover" leading to the page URL cited above turns up (on the first page)  

product ID nr. 43177 (the famed chocolate and biscotti),  
nr. 99811 (Hanukkah), and
nr. 99803 (Hanukkah)

Thanks, Mindy, for this opportunity in particular and for always being so responsive, in general.

Joan

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #11 - Mar 17th, 2009, 3:02pm

Quote from Joan_135833 on Mar 17th, 2009, 12:41pm:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/cb.asp

A search for "Passover" leading to the page URL cited above turns up (on the first page)

product ID nr. 43177 (the famed chocolate and biscotti),
nr. 99811 (Hanukkah), and
nr. 99803 (Hanukkah)

Thanks, Mindy, for this opportunity in particular and for always being so responsive, in general.

Joan

Ok, here is the actual resulting page for an onsite search for Passover:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/cb.asp?keywords=passover

FIXED, we have adjusted keywords and categories to eliminate the cards you specify here.

Please note keyword changes will not be reflected in search results for up to 24 hours.

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_135811
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - Mar 22nd, 2009, 9:43pm

I was looking at Birthdays>>For Family Relation Specific>>Other and it has soooo many misplaced cards I gave up trying to put down names or numbers.  Shocked The majority of those cards have nothing to do with a Family Relation member. http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/cb.asp?cid=686&page_size=128
Kathy

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #13 - Mar 23rd, 2009, 9:20am

Hi, Mindy -

The page cited below brings up ID# 359235, which is an Italian language birthday card, not Portuguese.

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/cb.asp?keywords=portuguese&page =1

Email   IP Logged
Joan_135833
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - Mar 25th, 2009, 8:55am

Hi, again, Mindy -

My Dutch get well card ID# 330267 turns up on the page shown below:

http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/shopping/cb.asp?cid=2764

I believe it's a holdover from the days before Dutch was its own subdivision. Could my card be moved from "other" to "Dutch", please?

Many thanks!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.