Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Card Review Turnaround & Holiday Card Lead-Times (Read 34242 times)
Catinka_133492
artist

Re: Card Review Turnaround & Holiday Card Lead-Tim
Reply #45 - Apr 18th, 2013, 1:43pm

April 18, 2013 - I did not note how long ago I had submitted 5 designs. It seems like weeks and weeks ago. There was difficulty with the 'note to reviewer' non-negotiable field, since I had no idea what was up with that.... There does not seem to be a submission date showing anywhere with the design. How can I track this or even find a response from reviews in my email (possible spam/junk folder)? It would have been nice if there had been more info about why the note to reviewer needed to be used - at least a link to info about it. I had not a clue to its purpose. It made no sense. And only proved frustrating. So now, how do I find out how long the review process takes. Product id #'s 1055921, 1055911, 1055899, 1055881, 1055867.... One of these may have been an accidental resubmit/double submission. Thank you.

Catinka Knoth
www.catinkacards.com

Email   IP Logged
Michelle__137594
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #46 - Apr 19th, 2013, 7:37pm

have the checks been mailed out my shows pending ?

Email   IP Logged
Lj_135293
Gold Member
artist

Reply #47 - Apr 19th, 2013, 8:13pm

Payments generally go out approx: 30 days after the end of each Qtr.  At least that has been my exp. here over the years.   Cool

The Lj Maxx Greeting Card Store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/LjMaxx
Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #48 - May 1st, 2013, 1:34pm

Quote from Catinka_133492 on Apr 18th, 2013, 1:43pm:
April 18, 2013 - I did not note how long ago I had submitted 5 designs. It seems like weeks and weeks ago. There was difficulty with the 'note to reviewer' non-negotiable field, since I had no idea what was up with that.... There does not seem to be a submission date showing anywhere with the design. How can I track this or even find a response from reviews in my email (possible spam/junk folder)? It would have been nice if there had been more info about why the note to reviewer needed to be used - at least a link to info about it. I had not a clue to its purpose. It made no sense. And only proved frustrating. So now, how do I find out how long the review process takes. Product id #'s 1055921, 1055911, 1055899, 1055881, 1055867.... One of these may have been an accidental resubmit/double submission. Thank you.

Catinka Knoth
www.catinkacards.com

Most of our fields have a ? graphic next to them.  If you do a mouse rollover a little window will appear with help text.  I know the Note to Reviewer does have this.

Another good resource for you on this field is our blog (be sure to subscribe to the blog), two related articles here:
http://gcucommunity.com/2012/11/19/dash-of-inspiration-note-to-reviewer/

http://gcucommunity.com/2012/10/03/nuts-and-bolts-note-to-reviewer/

And here on the forum as this field is now required:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1361573345

BTW we have on our to do list to add a "submit date" to cards for artsits' reference.

Lastly, right now reviewer time is around 4 weeks.

Email   IP Logged
Catinka_133492
artist

Reply #49 - May 3rd, 2013, 3:26pm

I think my batch above  took 8 weeks to turn around, not 4. It just came thru about  a week ago.  

I thought I had checked those question mark graphics, tho not until after I'd finally gotten the first card to submit. The verse writer does not work on my old computer, but at least I had a message to put in the note to reviewer. I will check it again, but it did not seem very clear even once I did understand.  

Was finally able to put verse in the cards by using another device...
Thanks!

www.catinkacards.com

Email   IP Logged
Tom_224103
GCU Newbies

Reply #50 - May 6th, 2013, 9:21pm

I signed up in march and have yet to have any of my cards accepted or declined all are still pending

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Reply #51 - May 7th, 2013, 5:54am

This probably seems obvious, but until GCU creates an automatically recorded submission date, here's something any artist can do: create your own list of submission dates so there is no guessing. I started doing this in March.  

FYI, cards I submitted on March 17 were reviewed May 6, a period of 50 days (about 7 weeks).  

Email   IP Logged
Catinka_133492
artist

Reply #52 - May 7th, 2013, 6:42pm

Stacia - yes, good idea to keep record of submission dates. Lesson learned! I was finally able to track down when I had submitted. Though I said elsewhere that it had been 8 weeks, it was 7 weeks for me as well.

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #53 - May 17th, 2013, 4:06pm

Quote from Stacia_208183 on May 7th, 2013, 5:54am:
This probably seems obvious, but until GCU creates an automatically recorded submission date, here's something any artist can do: create your own list of submission dates so there is no guessing. I started doing this in March.

FYI, cards I submitted on March 17 were reviewed May 6, a period of 50 days (about 7 weeks).

We will soon be adding the "create date" to your cards in Manage Cards for your reference.

Email   IP Logged
Marie_134287
artist

Reply #54 - May 17th, 2013, 10:52pm

I'm not a good record keeper but I have had extremely long waits. I don't feel like creating any new designs because I can't even remember where I left off in inspirations to design new cards. This is more than discouraging. I don't think we should be advised so frequently about how to keep up with what cards to design for what holidays when we have to wait months and months to get anything approved.  This long wait kills any incentive I can tell you that.

Also, when reviewers finally get to my cards, the pattern has been to review a few and not the lot that is waiting.  If a card is rejected for any reason (and there certainly are many these days), does this set me back to the end of the line again?

I have been here for quite a few years and I feel that without any conversation with reviewers, without any ability to find out what is really going on, this whole process is more than degrading and frustrating.  I'm at my wits ends.  At one time, I really liked the whole idea of cards that were "different".  Now, it seems there are fewer and fewer designs that are original and more and more cards that are relationship specific, more and more blah blah artwork.  Sure wish many of the changes would settle down and be better for the "artists" who really believe a card is a keepsake and not just a marketing gimic.

Email   IP Logged
Stacia_208183
Gold Member

Reply #55 - May 18th, 2013, 7:18am

Quote from Mindy on May 17th, 2013, 4:06pm:

We will soon be adding the "create date" to your cards in Manage Cards for your reference.

That will be wonderful! Thank you!

Email   IP Logged
Stephanie_207353
GCU Newbies

Reply #56 - May 18th, 2013, 2:18pm

I'm working on other websites because I want to begin advertising by the end of the month, so I have plenty to do for the other sites which keeps me busy and not focused on how long it takes to get cards reviewed. Shocked   I'm not ready to give up on GCU, but of course, I dropped the habit of creating a card a day because of the wait time.  undecided  I have 10 pending, but I've created another twenty cards that I will begin to upload.  Everyone says don't give up, so I'm not going to.  Optimism reigns supreme!   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Email   IP Logged
cheryl_133782
Gold Member
artist

Reply #57 - Jun 11th, 2013, 8:26pm

move along, nothing to see here!  Grin

Cheryl  Cheesy

P S I made an oopsy so this post has been edited.  cry

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #58 - Jun 12th, 2013, 3:47pm

Quote from Mindy on May 17th, 2013, 4:06pm:

Yipee!  Card Submitted date now in Manage Cards, see announcement here:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1370645205

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #59 - May 16th, 2014, 3:30pm

Good news!  Card reviews are tracking at about 2 1/2 weeks right now  

A big thanks to the card review team for their diligent work and to the artists who are taking more care in their submissions!    Together this is making a big and enjoyable difference  Grin

Although review times are relatively short, believe it or not, now is the time to start designing & submitting Fall & Winter holiday cards ... Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, etc.  

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.