Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Card Review Turnaround & Holiday Card Lead-Times (Read 34065 times)
cheryl_133782
Gold Member
artist

Re: Card Review Turnaround & Holiday Card Lead-Tim
Reply #30 - Dec 6th, 2010, 7:50pm

Quote from Mindy on Jun 22nd, 2009, 12:58pm:
Here is an update to the Fast Track Review request process:

NEW FAST TRACK procedure:  You no longer need to send an email to the card review team to request a Fast Track review.  When you are creating your card on Card Image Details you'll notice a check box after the "Categories" that is to indicate a Fast Track request.  This will indicate your request to our Review Team.  As usual this should be used selectively and only for cards that are custom requests by shoppers.  In fairness to all artists we will monitor the use of this new Fast Track setting and will not tolerate any abuse.

Hi Mindy

I only just read this post so I may be a bit behind the times but just to clarify when you say not to send an email for fast track...are we still posting our fast track pid's on the forum where you post the wanted card?

Thanks

Cheryl

PS I think you all do a fab job here no matter what griping comes along.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2010, 1:03pm by Mindy »  
Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #31 - Dec 9th, 2010, 1:01pm

Quote from cheryl_133782 on Dec 6th, 2010, 7:50pm:
Quote from Mindy on Jun 22nd, 2009, 12:58pm:
Here is an update to the Fast Track Review request process:

NEW FAST TRACK procedure:  You no longer need to send an email to the card review team to request a Fast Track review.  When you are creating your card on Card Image Details you'll notice a check box after the "Categories" that is to indicate a Fast Track request.  This will indicate your request to our Review Team.  As usual this should be used selectively and only for cards that are custom requests by shoppers.  In fairness to all artists we will monitor the use of this new Fast Track setting and will not tolerate any abuse.

Hi Mindy

I only just read this post so I may be a bit behind the times but just to clarify when you say not to send an email for fast track...are we still posting our fast track pid's on the forum where you post the wanted card?

Thanks

Cheryl

PS I think you all do a fab job here no matter what griping comes along.  Cheesy

Hi Cheryl,
Thanks for the kind words - always appreciated Smiley

Correct you do not need to post the pid#'s of a custom card on the cards wanted forum thread.  Many still do which is fine but it is not necessary.

Many artists in their haste to get the card submitted quickly do forget to set the FastTrack box.  For those times artists do and should drop an email to the review team with the pid# to let us know there was an "oops" and you need it FastTracked for the request.

Hope that answers your question. Smiley

Hi Cheryl,
Thanks for the kind words - always appreciated  Smiley

Correct you do not need to post the pid#'s of a custom card on the cards wanted forum thread.  Many still do which is fine but it is not necessary.

Many artists in their haste to get the card submitted quickly do forget to set the FastTrack box.  For those times artists do and should drop an email to the review team with the pid# to let us know there was an "oops" and you need it FastTracked for the request.

Hope that answers your question.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Petra_Katrine_137769
artist

Reply #32 - Jan 2nd, 2011, 10:21am

Thank you for giving us this great info.  I'm still a newbie even though I've been a member here for several years now.  I need to find your formatting tips, as I've several great images and am unsure how to cut/cant them so they read well.  Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Petra   Cool

Email   IP Logged
Crystal_145229
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #33 - Mar 27th, 2011, 12:26am

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the info!  I am new to GCU and my first card was approved right away and the last two I created have been pending for a while now (I think a week or two).  My first card came back with edits to fix but I am holding off on the card right now as I want to post the other two first.  Could this be holding them up from being reviewed?

Please let me know your thoughts when you have a chance.

Thanks!

Warmest Regards,
Crystal

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #34 - Mar 27th, 2011, 8:26am

Quote from Crystal_145229 on Mar 27th, 2011, 12:26am:
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the info!  I am new to GCU and my first card was approved right away and the last two I
Warmest Regards,
Crystal

Hi Crystal...Welcome to GCU!  Just thought I'd chime in here with a bit of info for you until Mindy has time to respond.

A new store's 1st card is always approved quickly and no, you holding off on making the changes will not hold up your other cards.  Reviews are taking 2 to 3 weeks right now, so I wanted to suggest that before you put too much time into uploading cards that may need to be fixed as well...that you check out these tutorials and info so that when you submit your next batch of cards they 'slide right through approvals'  Grin

The GCU Wiki has a lot of good info you'll find that here:  
http://wiki.greetingcarduniverse.com/index.php/Main_Page

GCU University is new and there are some great video tutorials there:  
http://wiki.greetingcarduniverse.com/index.php/GCU_University

One of GCU's best selling artists have put together some great info here:
http://www.squidoo.com/gcu101

And something GCU just added that I don't think has made it into the Wiki yet is our new MARGIN PREVIEW.
You'll find this tool on the Manage Card page after you've created a card.  Just under the Text Box, if you click on  Margin Preview a window will open and give you clear indication how your design fits. This gives you a chance to move text or important elements and fix the card before the reviewers get to it.

Good luck to you!!

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #35 - Mar 29th, 2011, 3:25pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Mar 27th, 2011, 8:26am:
Quote from Crystal_145229 on Mar 27th, 2011, 12:26am:
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the info!  I am new to GCU and my first card was approved right away and the last two I
Warmest Regards,
Crystal

Hi Crystal...Welcome to GCU!  Just thought I'd chime in here with a bit of info for you until Mindy has time to respond.

A new store's 1st card is always approved quickly and no, you holding off on making the changes will not hold up your other cards.  Reviews are taking 2 to 3 weeks right now, so I wanted to suggest that before you put too much time into uploading cards that may need to be fixed as well...that you check out these tutorials and info so that when you submit your next batch of cards they 'slide right through approvals'  Grin

The GCU Wiki has a lot of good info you'll find that here:
http://wiki.greetingcarduniverse.com/index.php/Main_Page

GCU University is new and there are some great video tutorials there:
http://wiki.greetingcarduniverse.com/index.php/GCU_University

One of GCU's best selling artists have put together some great info here:
http://www.squidoo.com/gcu101

And something GCU just added that I don't think has made it into the Wiki yet is our new MARGIN PREVIEW.
You'll find this tool on the Manage Card page after you've created a card.  Just under the Text Box, if you click on  Margin Preview a window will open and give you clear indication how your design fits. This gives you a chance to move text or important elements and fix the card before the reviewers get to it.

Good luck to you!!

Yes, excellent advice from Doreen, thanks Doreen!

Go ahead and make those edits to your first card.  It's likely to get acted on quickly, sooner than your others, and at least you'll have that card in your store.

The wiki and video tutorials should save you a lot of time and frustation so reviewing them is an excellent idea.

Welcome to GCU!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Donna_201431
GCU Newbies

Reply #36 - Oct 6th, 2012, 12:10pm

Mindy,

I am totally new so forgive me if this is a I-D-10-T error. With as slow as the start up seems to be for newbies like me that have Christmas cards waiting to be approved such as my PID 971337
 would it be wise to put it into our private gallery for selling by ourselves this year and then taking it off the private gallery and reloading it to be approved say in January?

I wish a newbie was able to have just one card fast tracked when they sign on just so they have something to put in their store.  It's so lonely in there.

Thanks,
Donna
http://artist.greetingcarduniverse.com/zenphotographicscards

Email   IP Logged
Sandy_132125
artist

Reply #37 - Oct 12th, 2012, 1:18am

Quote from Donna_201431 on Oct 6th, 2012, 12:10pm:
Mindy,

I am totally new so forgive me if this is a I-D-10-T error. With as slow as the start up seems to be for newbies like me that have Christmas cards waiting to be approved such as my PID 971337
would it be wise to put it into our private gallery for selling by ourselves this year and then taking it off the private gallery and reloading it to be approved say in January?

I wish a newbie was able to have just one card fast tracked when they sign on just so they have something to put in their store.  It's so lonely in there.

Thanks,
Donna

Welcome Donna!
Yes, the waiting time is hard. GCU is a popular place ...you wll find the wait is worth it. This is one site where the pay will begin rolling in.  
May i suggest that you visit the wanted forum? You will see requests from customers and GCU that are needed right away. The requests are great stimulation for creativity. they also are able to be fast-tracked. So, you will only need to wait a couple of days before your cards begin to fill your store. When you are creating your card there will be a spot at the bottom to check for this purpose. You also must state in the box note to reviewer that you are replying to a request in the wanted forum.
Hope this helps ! Cool
and... good luck and have fun!
Sandy

p.s. I realize i did not answer your question about the private gallery...i will let a more knowledgeable person answer you on that one.  Roll Eyes

Email   IP Logged
Donna_201431
GCU Newbies

Reply #38 - Oct 12th, 2012, 5:43am

Quote from Sandy_132125 on Oct 12th, 2012, 1:18am:

May i suggest that you visit the wanted forum?

Thanks Sandy, I have been watching these.
How long do we have from when a request is added to the wanted forum? Is it a week or is it only like 24 hours? What is the turn around time or # of ideas they need before they let the customer know to come and look again?

Thanks Donna
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/zenphotographicscards

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #39 - Oct 12th, 2012, 8:14am

Mindy,

Thanks,
Donna

Hi Donna,

Welcome to GCU!

Putting a card in your private gallery that has not been through the review process, does allow you to sell yourself, but here is the downside:

~ If your goal is to populate your storefront, Private Gallery cards won't show up there.

~ No review means that if there is an issue which was in your control as the artist, i.e., spelling, grammar, image quality, image rights, etc - that cause the customer to return the purchase then you the artist rather than GCU gets hit with the cost.

~ Private gallery cards are just that private.  They are not and when not approved, ever will be available in the marketplace.  So you will just have to create them again and wait through the review process in order to get them into the public marketplace.

The Private Gallery is for making a custom card for a customer or family member.

Be patient ... I know it's hard, but just keep making cards every day if you can and before you know it, cards will be coming into your store on a daily basis.

Good luck!

Email   IP Logged
LD_131511
artist

Reply #40 - Nov 3rd, 2012, 1:10am

If the review time is up to 4 days, I've been waiting a while on the following cards:

I put these designs in about a week back.  embarrassed
Hoping they'll be up in time for Thanksgiving / Christmas  undecided

Thanks for the info Mindy  

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #41 - Nov 3rd, 2012, 8:49am

Quote from LD_131511 on Nov 3rd, 2012, 1:10am:
If the review time is up to 4 days, I've been waiting a while on the following cards:

I put these designs in about a week back.  embarrassed
Hoping they'll be up in time for Thanksgiving / Christmas  undecided

Thanks for the info Mindy  

This is an old thread ... review times are pushing 3-weeks this year  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Boon_211227
GCU Newbies

Reply #42 - Jan 3rd, 2013, 7:26am

I've had cards in the cue since before December 14th that haven't been reviewed.  I want to add more Valentine cards, but don't want to waste my time if they won't hit the store in time.  Any advise?

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #43 - Jan 3rd, 2013, 8:10am

Quote from David_211227 on Jan 3rd, 2013, 7:26am:
I've had cards in the cue since before December 14th that haven't been reviewed.  I want to add more Valentine cards, but don't want to waste my time if they won't hit the store in time.  Any advise?

Hi David,

Designers should work a minimum of 3-months and preferably 4 to 5 months in advance of a holiday in order for your designs to be available in the marketplace in time for early shoppers.  You need to get your cards time to not only get approved, but to work their way up in searches.

For example, right now you should be working on holidays for April - June.  

Hope that helps  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #44 - Jan 3rd, 2013, 12:23pm

Quote from Doreen_137017 on Jan 3rd, 2013, 8:10am:
Quote from David_211227 on Jan 3rd, 2013, 7:26am:

Hi David,

Designers should work a minimum of 3-months and preferably 4 to 5 months in advance of a holiday in order for your designs to be available in the marketplace in time for early shoppers.  You need to get your cards time to not only get approved, but to work their way up in searches.

For example, right now you should be working on holidays for April - June.  

Hope that helps  Smiley

Correct, review times are currently 3+ weeks.  Right now you should be thinking Earth Day, Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Graduation ...

Although that's not to say that you shouldn't submit Valentine's Day cards now.  Some artists find themselves the most inspired when in the moment so don't let us stop you.  They just might not get approved in time for the holiday or early enough to benefit from search engines finding them.

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.