Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Card Review Turnaround & Holiday Card Lead-Times (Read 34150 times)
Anna_T_136504
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: Card Review Turnaround & Holiday Card Lead-Tim
Reply #15 - Mar 3rd, 2009, 5:18pm

Hello Mindy,

Thank You for your reply.  I appreciate your help!
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anna

Email   IP Logged
Tom_135389
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #16 - Mar 6th, 2009, 12:03pm

hi mindy
sorry can't seem to find the button to start a new thread, or a new post.  but i'd love to stop receiving daily updates to this forum via email.  my question, where are the forum settings , and is there a setting to stop getting these updates on new topics in my emails?
thank you
tom
tomwink@mac.com

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #17 - Mar 6th, 2009, 12:37pm

Hi Tom and Welcome to GCU.  If you don't mind, I'm going to call you 'New Tom' (rather than Joe-Tom  Cheesy) as we have a Tom already, who is very active here.
As for the notifications of forum postings, just click on Notification above and you should be able to check or check the postings you would/would not like to receive.
Good luck.
Sue

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #18 - Jun 22nd, 2009, 12:58pm

Here is an update to the Fast Track Review request process:

NEW FAST TRACK procedure:  You no longer need to send an email to the card review team to request a Fast Track review.  When you are creating your card on Card Image Details you'll notice a check box after the "Categories" that is to indicate a Fast Track request.  This will indicate your request to our Review Team.  As usual this should be used selectively and only for cards that are custom requests by shoppers.  In fairness to all artists we will monitor the use of this new Fast Track setting and will not tolerate any abuse.

Email   IP Logged
Mary__137064
Gold Member
artist

Reply #19 - Jun 23rd, 2009, 4:34pm

Excellent and useful info.  Thanks GCU and Mindy!

Bright's Greeting Card Boutique:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/Bright
Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #20 - Mar 9th, 2010, 5:32pm

An update re: the card review process:

With advanced planning the card review time should not be an issue.  We are seeing about a 7 day review time which really isn't that long unless you've been with us since the early days when cards were approved in less than 24 hours.  

Ahh, those were the days!   Wink  BUT those were also the days when we were getting less than 100 new cards a day (we're hitting 1,000 a day lately), didn't have FastTrack, didn't check for typos, could not return for edits and declined cards were "rejects", etc.  We have come a long way since then and all for the better.

Recent feedback from a new artist hits the nail on the head:
By the way, you must have spoiled many of your artists with instant turnaround . . . A week to get a card up and running is not excessive.  The process must maintain integrity for the buying public. ONLY really good products can appear on your site. Or we all suffer.

Important - it is NOT all about speeding up the review team.  Artists play a BIG part in improving the process and have a responsibility of due diligence.  Many artists are submitting less than perfect cards and relying on the reviewers to catch careless mistakes.  It is not reasonable to submit cards created with a low level of care and poor attention to detail AND expect quicker reviews.  It is also not fair to the conscientious artists whose cards get delayed in the queue as a result.

Actions to take before submitting your cards:
1. Familiarize yourself with the GCU Wiki page (http://wiki.greetingcarduniverse.com)
2. Use the template to insure details are within the 1/4" margin
3. Check & double check all grammar, spelling, typos, word usage on cover and inside verse.  If it's not your strong suit then enlist your spouse, partner, roommate or friends to proof for you
4. Choose category(ies) thoughtfully & carefully
5. Add only accurate and descriptive keywords, do not include misleading or unrelated terms
6. Create a descriptive & unique card title that is meaningful at a glance
7. Be aware of image rights issues that may apply to your creative

Do not submit your card until you are confident that it is a quality product.  This is where artists can clearly be part of the solution.  

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #21 - Nov 23rd, 2010, 1:38pm

** update effective immediately **

Change in Review Practices:
The reviewers will no longer FIX titles or keywords that are less than optimal as this slows down the review time and penalizes the savvy artists that have taken the time to educate themselves and submit cards with well termed titles and keywords.  We will not delay these card but will approve w/ comments suggesting where improvements can be made.  

We will continue to NOT approve cards with errors, but will no longer take the extra time to make it more marketable.  That is each and every artist's job.

Email   IP Logged
Sally_131513
artist

Reply #22 - Nov 23rd, 2010, 1:55pm

Quote from Mindy on Feb 16th, 2009, 6:27pm:
Quote from Linda_132742 on Feb 14th, 2009, 6:11pm:
Thanks Mindy, I really appreciate you keeping us current as to "Happenings in the Universe".  You are very helpful and informative.  

I make a motion that Mindy gets a raise....awe, what the heck, let's give everyone a raise!!!

CoolLinda Grin Shocked Wink Cheesy

A raise?!  Wow, that would be great, thanks Linda Wink  Hmm, I've suggested it to the powers that be and they told me to add it to the notorious "wish list", item #274  Wink  

Hey, at least it is on the list!   lol omg..lol  

I like this process but i am sure i will be one of the "fooy"  ppl cause i have a terrible time finding the correct categories  for one and then to improve appropriateness finding a second one.  It's just me as i can't easily know what reviewers think vs me.   ugh!  Also, am terrible with inside notes.  double ugh!

Sal

Email   IP Logged
Carol_136775
artist

Reply #23 - Nov 23rd, 2010, 2:38pm

Hi, y'all,

I am one who really tries to get the category correct, but there are times the rules appear to change.  Don't blame reviewers, but there are some idiosyncrasies that crop up that I could never pre-guess.  For example:  A Christmas card "From our house to yours" being relation specific and only allowed in one Christmas category (the from our house...), and not also in another Christmas category.  It held me up for a couple days.

A lot of my cards don't easily fit a specific category, so there are times I do the best I can and let them fly.  Most times they are okay.

The reviewers must be under terrific pressure to get cards done and out, and they do catch my occasional, could-be-embarrassing errors - much appreciated!  Saved my butt a few times :>)

I only want to say that things are not always beautifully transparent if one just spends the time to look.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Carol

Email   IP Logged
Cherie_131661
artist

Reply #24 - Nov 23rd, 2010, 4:06pm

Hey Carol,

I'm sure we all go through that once in a while, sometimes it's just the way it is, when we feel that our cards just don't 'easily' fit into a specific category. So, yes, thank goodness for our reviewers who continue to strive to help us!  

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, and everyone!

Many Blessings,
Cherie

Email   IP Logged
Mindy
GCU Administrator
Community Manager

Reply #25 - Nov 24th, 2010, 1:45pm

We understand that the sheer number of categories and our finicky rules can be overwhelming  Shocked so we will continue to be involved with those and provide guidance.

This change is specifically addressing "keywords and card titles" that we will not put the extra time into improving for artists.

Email   IP Logged
Doreen_137017
Gold Member
artist

Reply #26 - Nov 24th, 2010, 3:08pm

Quote from Mindy on Nov 24th, 2010, 1:45pm:
We understand that the sheer number of categories and our finicky rules can be overwhelming  Shocked so we will continue to be involved with those and provide guidance.

This change is specifically addressing "keywords and card titles" that we will not put the extra time into improving for artists.

A wise and fair choice to help streamline the process.  Mindy, perhaps you could give the reviewers a 'quick link' to the forum posts you have made which clearly explain the Title and Keyword issue then if, as you suggested, they simply make a comment to improve these areas a link to your posts could be provided.  I think its a great way to free up some of the reviewer's valuable time.  

It absolutely should be the artist's responsibility to learn enough about how search engines use keywords and titles to make their cards marketable.  It is the same process on ANY site they have their work and it is part of making the decision to sell your designs online.  No other site does this work for the artist.  You either learn how to properly identify your product so it will be found or it will float around in cyberspace and never be seen.  

Your little birds are ready to fly!  Grin

Email   IP Logged
Christena_145704
artist

Reply #27 - Nov 27th, 2010, 9:10pm

Email   IP Logged
FIONA_146836
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #28 - Dec 6th, 2010, 9:42am

I am a new artist and have 88 cards still waiting for review after 2 weeks. I realised the 3 - 7 days in GCU advice was likely to be longer in the run-up to Christmas but was concerned something was wrong - or I had done something wrong.  I contacted GCU twice by e-mail and still have not had a reply or acknowledgement.  I have other cards to set up but do not want to do this until I know the first ones were ok ( I only went ahead with them as many are for Christmas) so last week I resorted to phoning GCU from the UK to make sure nothing I have done is holding up the process.  To say the person I spoke to was less than helpful is an understatement.  No checks were made and I was told it would take OVER two weeks and that even if approved would take some weeks to be found on the searches therefore they would sell NEXT year (so the delay is not relevant).  Even though I was surprised by this information I remained polite yet seeking clarification she hung up on me!  I called again (more expense) and she denied hanging up on me but gave no explanation to why the call was cut or any apology and seemed quite smug that the cards were not being reviewed and I would get no sales.  

I thought GCU was the best place for my cards after much research but am beginning to think I have made a mistake especially with such poor artist's customer service.  You might say this is not the norm but what else am I to think when its been all I have experienced.  

Couldn't GCU at least send an email or display an index by artist or card number so you know where you are in the queue and can see the system is working and you are moving up the queue.  At the moment it just feels like they are in a black hole.  Or just display the current approval waiting time.  Then GCU would not get unnecessary e-mails or phone calls (esp from new artitsts like myself) leaving them more time to carry out the reviews and help speed up the process.

Best wishes
Fiona

Email   IP Logged
Shaun_131054
GCU Administrator
artist

Reply #29 - Dec 6th, 2010, 12:16pm

Quote from FIONA_146836 on Dec 6th, 2010, 9:42am:
I am a new artist and have 88 cards still waiting for review after 2 weeks. I realised the 3 - 7 days in GCU advice was likely to be longer in the run-up to Christmas but was concerned something was wrong - or I had done something wrong.  I contacted GCU twice by e-mail and still have not had a reply or acknowledgement.  I have other cards to set up but do not want to do this until I know the first ones were ok ( I only went ahead with them as many are for Christmas) so last week I resorted to phoning GCU from the UK to make sure nothing I have done is holding up the process.  To say the person I spoke to was less than helpful is an understatement.  No checks were made and I was told it would take OVER two weeks and that even if approved would take some weeks to be found on the searches therefore they would sell NEXT year (so the delay is not relevant).  Even though I was surprised by this information I remained polite yet seeking clarification she hung up on me!  I called again (more expense) and she denied hanging up on me but gave no explanation to why the call was cut or any apology and seemed quite smug that the cards were not being reviewed and I would get no sales.  

I thought GCU was the best place for my cards after much research but am beginning to think I have made a mistake especially with such poor artist's customer service.  You might say this is not the norm but what else am I to think when its been all I have experienced.  

Couldn't GCU at least send an email or display an index by artist or card number so you know where you are in the queue and can see the system is working and you are moving up the queue.  At the moment it just feels like they are in a black hole.  Or just display the current approval waiting time.  Then GCU would not get unnecessary e-mails or phone calls (esp from new artitsts like myself) leaving them more time to carry out the reviews and help speed up the process.

Best wishes
Fiona

a reply to your posting has been made here:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1291659274/2#2

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.