Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Advertising (Read 1829 times)
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Advertising
Nov 14th, 2008, 9:27am

My local newspaper has an online website, but the online site sells ads that are available in several different ares. So I just bought a month long advertisement for my shop for 4.00- I was able to add a description, and a link to my website which about 7 or 8 newspapers have access to all for 4.00. At any rate- thought I would pass the suggestion along to others here at GCU. I have already gotten about a dozen hits since this morning on the add itself, but hey just a few sales & it will pay for the cost of the ad. This would be a wonderful way to spread the word about your shop in your region at very little cost to you. Most of the other ads I looked at had quite a few hits, so I am thinking it may be a good way to help sales and awareness. Check your local paper to see if they have an online website and see if they sell online ads. At the very least it is cheap advertisement for all of us! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Tanya_134335
artist

Re: Advertising
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2008, 10:09am

Thanks for the Clever Promotions, I'll have to do some investigating.  Smiley

I Really Like your "Angel Kitty Cat" - so Sweet !

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2008, 10:16am

Thanks Tanya!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Delores_132508
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2008, 1:32pm

Oh, how lucky you are.  I had investigated my own local paper's website and their ads were much, much higher.  undecided

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2008, 7:48pm

That's too bad Delores- wish it would have worked out for you!  
I have spent much of the day promoting my site- doing ads, You Tube Videos, blogging, updating Myspace, etc. Really submitting to search engines is an excellant way to go to- which I have. Am going to start doing a few promotional things- making bumper stickers for my cars, business cards for the florist shops and things & focusing on my home turf a little now. I haven't done that yet, so it is long overdue.

Email   IP Logged
Corrie_131338
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2008, 10:04pm

Just a suggestion -  

At www.vistaprint.biz you can make your own small or large auto magnet, and the quality is good - as is the quality of their business cards, btw. Since they often have promotions where things are free or at a greatly reduced price, you can likely get a nice deal.

Corrie
http://www.corrieweb.nl

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2008, 10:22pm

Thanks for the suggestion Corrie! I'll look into it! Smiley

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.