Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

E-flyers... get your store to a BIG audience.. (Read 3062 times)
Robert_135178
GCU Newbies
artist

E-flyers... get your store to a BIG audience..
Oct 28th, 2008, 5:57pm

Well here we are, day 3 of being up and running on this thing - (still no sales undecided ) but I thought I'd 'share the wealth' of a neat little marketing trick I found that you may not be aware of..

You'll have had e-mails from companies where a graphic would display some fancy advert to their website rather than just text... it all looks a lot more professional...  These are called 'E-flyers' but companies want a fortune to send these kind of graphic adverts out...

Well Good ol' 'Greeting Card Universe' kind of gives us this facility free!!!!!!..kind of...

Set up all, or some of your cards, as free e-cards and send one to an e-mail address of a friend. It appears in that persons mail as the 'graphic image' of the card itself!.. just like an e-flyer...

Now CGU would never let you create an 'advertising' card.. it'd never fit into any categories... but you can send any one of your own cards to a friend / friends and in the message tell them about your store, where it is and to visit it...and let them know THEY can send free e-cards to THEIR friends.. Grin

But aswell as that, ask them to forward the e-card on to their friends (if its a sentimental 'your a great friend' kind of card they'll want to share it with their own friends, etc..) and hopefully those friends will forward it to their friends, visit the store to send more free e-cards and so on and so on,..and all of a sudden the number of people seeing your cards, and more importantly the link to your store, rises exponentially!!!!!!!!!........ raising the opportunity for them to click into your store and BUY real cards....  

Technically I don't think this is spamming as your not advertising something that needs paying for.. your letting them know they can send FREE E-cards...

(But secretly you hope they'll send a real one to!..  Wink )

What do you think?... Are my tips and tricks of any use to you guys..?.. Smiley

Hope so.......  

Hope all's good with you all.........

Rob

Email   IP Logged
John_134556
GCU Newbies
artist

Re: E-flyers... get your store to a BIG audience..
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2008, 1:12am

Robert, I need to know how sending an Ecard increases the links to my site. Please let me know how to gather links through sending Ecards.
Thanks

Email   IP Logged
Prisiclla_134572
artist

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2008, 5:13am

Smiley I think it sounds like a marvelous idea...& I plan to start...right now & see how it goes!!!!

Thanks for such a great idea, Robert!!  Wink

Priscilla

Email   IP Logged
Tammy_131374
Gold Member
artist

Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2008, 7:42am

Great brainstorming idea- keep those wheels turning! I really like your cards too by the way!  Smiley I placed a link to my store as a signiture on my emails- lots of people have saved my link that way.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Delores_132508
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Oct 29th, 2008, 9:40am

John, I do what Tammy does and include a signature link in all of my emails.   Most email programs allow  you to set this up in the preferences section.   That way, you're sending out a little mini advertisement with every email you send.

Email   IP Logged
John_134556
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Oct 29th, 2008, 11:10am

Thanks Delores! Great stuff guys!

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.