Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Marketing question for photographers (Read 1577 times)
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

Marketing question for photographers
Aug 13th, 2008, 12:05pm

I know there are literally hundreds of photographers that contribute art to this site. I have a question for you. What is the best site to sell photo prints? I know this is the best greeting card site, but what about selling photos by size, quality, ect? I know there are several sites out there, just thought I would ask for input on the best one. Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Shari_132735
artist

Re: Marketing question for photographers
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2008, 4:45pm

Quote from Angela_134247 on Aug 13th, 2008, 12:05pm:
I know there are literally hundreds of photographers that contribute art to this site. I have a question for you. What is the best site to sell photo prints? I know this is the best greeting card site, but what about selling photos by size, quality, ect? I know there are several sites out there, just thought I would ask for input on the best one. Thanks!

Hi Angela!

I find Imagekind.com which is a Fine Art Gallery does quality work in regards to photos and paintings as prints or museum quality canvas or framed artwork.  They were just purchased by Cafepress but they will be keeping them as a separate entity in order to add a High Quality Gallery for the upper economics to purchase.  Though they are not expensive to purchase from Imagekind.  The artist controls their own markup.

Cafepress also does prints, though not sure of their quality.

I hope that helps.

Shari
www.flowerswithfeelingscentral.com
http://flowerswithfeelingscentral.blogspot.com

Email   IP Logged
Delores_132508
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2008, 5:42am

I've sold a few prints, both framed and unframed, through CafePress and Zazzle.  I also have prints for sale at Imagekind, and I do believe their work is superior to the other two.   Red Bubble is another site that sells prints, but I've never sold anything through them.

Email   IP Logged
Nicole_133385
artist

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2008, 7:25pm

I haven't tried Imagekind. I don't know what stopped me there, maybe the way it was structured? I don't know.
Now that they are bought by CP you will probably see them charge an arm and a leg soon for having a gallery there.

I have made a list a while ago. Far from complete, but a start:

http://nicoleb.org/b2/index.php/selling-pictures-online

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.