Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

NEW WEBSITE: GreetingCardSupplies.com (Read 3388 times)
Jeff_134504
GCU Newbies
artist

NEW WEBSITE: GreetingCardSupplies.com
Aug 3rd, 2008, 10:52am

Greeting Card Supplies offers greeting card and wedding invitation designers a shopping experience that has been created especially for them. We focus on stocking supplies that are commonly used by all types of card makers such as standard envelope sizes, matching blank cards, and retail packaging. We feel that by offering a superior shopping experience and great prices that we will ultimately satisfy more business. You will notice that our price breaks have been created with the consumer in mind and our low minimum order fee means that we value your business even if you're ordering a small amount of items. Please come by and check us out.

Thank you for your time,

www.greetingcardsupplies.com

Email   IP Logged
Pattiann_132699
artist

Re: NEW WEBSITE: GreetingCardSupplies.com
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2008, 1:57pm

Spam! Sad

Email   IP Logged
Jeff_134504
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2008, 2:03pm

We are letting everyone know that our new site is live. We think that people on this site would like to know and also believe we provide a valid resource for the people who use this site.

Thank you for your time

Email   IP Logged
Melissa_134467
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2008, 2:13pm

spam even!

Email   IP Logged
Pattiann_132699
artist

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2008, 2:22pm

Mindy/Shaun,

If postings of this type are going to be allowed, please consider the value of making a special section for them. I would also suggest that you make it clear that GCU doesn't endorse any 3rd party product; you're just providing a place for resource listings.

I can see the value of offering this opportunity to the artists here, but a clear outline of allowed and disallowed merchandise/services should be developed. Otherwise, Zazzle and Cafepress will have a presence on your forum!  

Sir, this is spam=unsolicited commercial e-mail (or posting). The reason that the best place you could find to put it was "Marketing" was b/c GCU hasn't encouraged this type of posting in the past.  So, "unsolicited". The "Marketing" section was developed to help the artists market their cards, not for Marketers.  

Pattiann

Email   IP Logged
Jeff_134504
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2008, 2:31pm

Please let me apologize. We really did not mean to offend anyone. If you would please let me know of a more appropriate place to post our message we would really appreciate it.

Thank you for your time

Email   IP Logged
Delores_132508
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2008, 2:43pm

Jeff,  you might have benefited by researching more thoroughly the type of site you were on.  GCU is a site that furnishes all of the products you are offering.   We, as designers, rely on GCU to furnish our paper, envelopes, packaging, etc.    That's one of the thing that makes GCU so terrific in my book.    Putting your notice on our site was like going into a clothing manufacturer and offering to sell them clothes.   Doesn't really make too much sense.

Email   IP Logged
Jeff_134504
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2008, 2:52pm

Again my apologies. When I saw "GreetingCardUniverse" I thought wow I think these people would really be interested in our site and you are right I did not research the site enough before I posted. I will cease and desist from any further postings.

Thank you for your time

Email   IP Logged
Shari_132735
artist

Reply #8 - Aug 3rd, 2008, 7:45pm

Quote from Delores_132508 on Aug 3rd, 2008, 2:43pm:
Jeff,  you might have benefited by researching more thoroughly the type of site you were on.  GCU is a site that furnishes all of the products you are offering.   We, as designers, rely on GCU to furnish our paper, envelopes, packaging, etc.    That's one of the thing that makes GCU so terrific in my book.    Putting your notice on our site was like going into a clothing manufacturer and offering to sell them clothes.   Doesn't really make too much sense.

Granted GCU does a lot, and this person may have been spamming, however, if you check out his website, it really is no competition with GCU.  It is more in competition with Photographic Edge and what they have to offer.  If one does craft fairs or has a kiosk in a mall which requires displaying ones cards on hooks etc, this site has those kinds of products.   I've gone to a site in Canada that offers these kinds of products because Photographic Edge is expensive.

GCU does not offer the clear sleeves that this site offers along with tabs to allow ones cards inserted into clear sleeves to hang on displays.  GCU does not offer the clear boxes either to sell a variety or same assortment of cards as a box set as this guys site does.  GCU does not offer that the last time I looked unless someone knows something I don't know.  If GCU does, please enlighten me as I use these kinds of products as well as have my cards on my GCU shop.

Not to worry GCU and GCU members.  I'm not condoning this persons method for sharing his new site, but there is nothing to worry about here unless GCU does sell these kinds of products and I've just not been enlightened.  Just FYI.

Shari Wink
www.flowerswithfeelingscentral.com
http://flowerswithfeelingscentral.blogspot.com

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #9 - Aug 4th, 2008, 2:18am

i agree sue, this website offers supplies for those of us who sell our own cards whether locally as i am or on ebay,etc.  i use the clear sleeves and the boxes myself for my cards... though i do find the sleeves locally since the manufacturer is in my hometown.  i have ordered boxes and need to order more, so i am going to check out his prices for sure.

Email   IP Logged
Delores_132508
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - Aug 4th, 2008, 5:57am

Shari and Denise,   You are right.   Since I only sell cards online, I had not stopped to consider the circumstances of those who market locally.

Email   IP Logged
Nancy_132539
artist

Reply #11 - Aug 4th, 2008, 5:55pm

Shari and Denise I'm glad you spoke up as I read his post went to his sight and was happy that I found a place with biodegradable (sp) sleeves for my cards. I sell offline quite a bit.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Email   IP Logged
DENISE_132110
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - Aug 4th, 2008, 8:55pm

oops sorry shari, i called you sue,  i need more sleep these days Shocked

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Reply #13 - Aug 6th, 2008, 7:40pm

I found it curious that this site has the same "logo-type" as GCU.   Shocked  It would make one think they're related at first glance, which evidently they're NOT. . . hmmmm

Ernestine

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.