Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

How would you feel about ... (Read 1975 times)
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

How would you feel about ...
Jul 3rd, 2008, 7:28am

1.  GCU slipping in an attractive "Bookmark" style coupon, of some type (1 FREE card perhaps), with each card mailed as a way to get "receives of cards" to come to GCU as new buyers.  This would be in the envelope and not in the card.  An alternative is something printed on the envelope, or perhaps just a sticker on the envelope.

2.  Making a YouTube video, either advertising how easy it is to shop at GCU, or how easy it is to set up a store on GCU.  The shopping video could also be used in our stores, blogs, and various websites and forums (such as a scrapbooking forum).

3.  An Artist banner Ad program, managed within GCU.  Here artists would pay an annual fee to be in a rotating banner ad pool.  If your banner ad was one of 100 in the pool, it would show one time in 100 views on specific websites targeted by GCU, such as wedding sites or gift site that have 1000s of views per day.  These websites receive a payment per click extracted from the fee that the artist paid. A click of your banner ad brings them to your store directly.   Al alternative would be to implement this outside of GCU, but I suspect that would be far less economical.

Just wanted to get some discussion going on these, and these are by no means a way to pressure GCU into doing anything at all, but I'm sure they will enjoy listening in Smiley

TOM

Email   IP Logged
Myrna_134142
artist

Re: How would you feel about ...
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2008, 8:57am

All good thoughts Tom, maybe they can be developed.  

I belong to a poor Traditional Catholic church, (not part of Vatican II) anyway my point is, we are always looking for fund raisers to keep our school tuition way down, since many  of the members have large families.  

I know other churches and schools would also be interested.  

If these churches or schools could be given their own code after they register with GCU under a particular section.  This particular code would be extended to their church members to use whenever they purchased a Greeting card from GCU.  Doesn't matter who they purchase from (no particular shop or artist).  The code would be inserted and the member would pay the normal fee but the Church or school would be given a commission, say 25 cents for every card credited to their code.  

The church or school would then be promoting Greeting Card Universe, in their web sites, flyers, church/school bulletins, posters and asking their members to support GCU because they would be supporting their church by doing so.  

Can you imagine all the advertising GCU would receive for the commission paid to the school, church or any group organization.  Of course the 25 cent commission was just a figure I used, I am not a numbers person so it would take an expert to choose what commission would be effective for all.    

Well that is my suggestion for ADVERTISING.  

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2008, 9:24am

Hi Myrna,

There is a way to implement your idea.  The best approach is to have someone associated with the Church (you?) open up a separate GCU store, perhaps named after the Church, and use it as an entry point for shopping at GCU.  A "Resellers" link could be shown in the store header or embedded into the header image that directs the parishioners to the GCU category page.  This Resellers link is the key to getting Resellers credit of 50-cents per card (currently) for any cards they buy at GCU.

No one has ever done this that I know of, but it is a legitimate, and innovative!  In addition, you and others from the Parish could add cards to this store and get credit for Store sales too, at 56-cents/card.  A whole series of cards of the Church, the School, and other parish related cards could be added, such as historic photos.  Private cards could be added featuring some of the Church celebrities - Pastor, Principal, Myrna, others .... or cards of Church events.  Even Church specific wedding cards and/or invitations and announcements (big qty opportunity there) could be developed.  

I bet it would be a major hit!   Wink

I could help set that link up if you need help.  It's kinda a geeky thing.

TOM

Email   IP Logged
Myrna_134142
artist

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2008, 3:07pm

Quote from Tom_133317 on Jul 3rd, 2008, 9:24am:
 A "Resellers" link could be shown in the store header or embedded into the header image that directs the parishioners to the GCU category page.  This Resellers link is the key to getting Resellers credit of 50-cents per card (currently) for any cards they buy at GCU.

So if I understand you correctly, if you are a reseller, and you purchase cards from ANY SHOP, you will get a commission of 50 cents.  NOW!  
Where are the rules here on GCU that claim this, if I understand correctly.  

I feel I am missing something, on the above quote.  

I have thought of having our creative, talented nuns open a shop here.  Some are very artistic.   Our nuns are known in some circles around the U.S. for their "Singing Nuns" title.  They might be able to have a line of Singing Nuns cards, along with your ideas here.  I would have to talk to them about this.    
Thanks, you Tom always have good ideas.  

Email   IP Logged
Tom_133317
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2008, 3:17pm

Go to Manage Store - Community - Card Widget.  This is where a Reseller and/or artist can get the Promotional code to get the 50-cent per card credit on any card sold if applied right.

Not a lot has been written on this, but it works.  

Glad you are thinking about this!

TOM

Email   IP Logged
David_134612
artist

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2008, 10:04am

Tom  
Thank you for all your wonderful forum post.  
We , like you, believe in cooperation,sharing informatin, and evolution to make GCU a place that works for GCU and their artist.  

you mentioned
2.  Making a YouTube video, either advertising how easy it is to shop at GCU, or how easy it is to set up a store on GCU.  The shopping video could also be used in our stores, blogs, and various websites and forums (such as a scrapbooking forum).

We have made many videos in last 2 years and they get good exposure.  
one of the best sites we post is
http://www.metacafe.com/valxart

we just created 2 new videos and posted on metacafe
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1657791/valx_greeting_cards/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1656764/holiday_seasons_christmas_cards/

We post to 20 other sites, including  myspace.com, google,yahoo, multiply,magnify,flip.tv, mefedia.com,framechannel.com and worldblogcafe.com

Some sites are great, others not so great, but all help  over time.
It takes looking and experimenting to find sites that are seen.
I will add a detailed list of the sites we have found, but were always looking for more.  

If you go to these sites and search valxart you will find 40 videos we have posted in last 2 years. Most of our current videos, promote our art sculptures, posters and canvas gallery wraps on ebay and elsewhere, but I plan to do a lot more GCU promotion videos like you mentioned, and would like to do videos that features works by assorted GCU artist.  

While we have lots of art  we feel its beneficial to show the diversity at GCU and believe it benefits everyone.  

We believe GCU is the greatest place to buy cards, and common promotion helps everyone discover this truth. If the world knew how great GCU was they would not buy cards anywhere else, and we all would sell lots.

I will start putting together ideas for a video focused on buying from GCU and other videos like the 2 completed but with an assortment of GCU cards to show the variety.

I can add video clips or still pictures to make videos that have other artist work
if anyone wants to join in. We find that videos posted get stale and not seen after a while so you have to create and add new videos to be seen.

I will make these general videos on GCU available so anyone can post them at sites they know. More locations better for all

Email   IP Logged
Stanley_134646
artist

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2008, 6:54am

Tom,
Your suggestion about the coupon or sticker is a very good one. I work in a retail environment as my day job, and we frequently use such methods to get the customer back into the store. Buy this, or spend a certain amount, and you get a coupon good for "x" amount on your next purchase.

It really does work to "drive" customers back into your store.

I wonder if it might be possible for us as individual artists to offer something like this on our own storefronts?

Rocky

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.