Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

Ideas for selling locally (Read 1095 times)
Angela_134247
Gold Member
artist

Ideas for selling locally
Jul 3rd, 2008, 6:38am

sorry in advance for the length of this post.  undecidedI have been here for less than a week, but I can already appriciate how everyone seems to be for each other, even though there is a certain level of competition. I sell stuff on Amazon, and you wouldn't believe how cut-throat most of the other sellers are. They are terrified that someone is going to find the spots they get their merchandise, and it doesn't help that there are several other sellers in my region.  
I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel more comfortable asking everyone here for marketing ideas. This is my first one. I was thinking about buying a few cards from the site so I have an example of the quality, and then making a portfolio. Since most of my cards are photos, I can use the prints to make up the rest of the portfolio, and put the caption at the bottom. I was going to make and order form, and then scout around to local businesses to see who might be interested in m,y cards, as well as showing it to family and friends. I read one thread where one artist has home selling parties, how do those go? What is your general mark-up? What else do you do to promote locally?

Email   IP Logged
Ernestine_131365
Gold Member
artist

Re: Ideas for selling locally
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2008, 12:52pm

See this post from Mindy as a reference point:

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/forum/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1212199491/45#45

This topic has been discussed in length before, you can get some background info from the forums.

Ernestine

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.