Welcome, Guest Login
You must login or register to post.

fathers day cards (Read 1826 times)
Laura_133629
artist

fathers day cards
May 28th, 2008, 6:21am

Hi

Just uploaded some new cards for Fathers day, be great to get some feed back, see what you all think.

Also hows everyones sales for fathers day going?

Laura

http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/withhugsandkisses

http://withhugsandkisses.biz

Email   IP Logged
Willaim_132003
artist

Re: fathers day cards
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2008, 6:37am

I think they look great! great colorsa nd images!

Email   IP Logged
Cara_131386
artist

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2008, 7:40am

Nice assortment of Father's Day cards!  Cheers! Cool

Email   IP Logged
Pattiann_132699
artist

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2008, 8:12am

Your cards are great!
Sales have been slow for me so far, but I just remember that Mother's Day cards are 4% of total card sales and Father's Day cards are only 3%. http://www.greetingcard.org/thegreetingcard_facts.html

Email   IP Logged
Raina_133988
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2008, 10:34am

I've had a lot of clicks, but no sales so far. How do things usually go cuz im still new to all of this.

Email   IP Logged
Cara_131386
artist

Reply #5 - May 28th, 2008, 1:34pm

Since everyone has a different style of art, therefore a different style of card, the sales will all be different, there is no pat answer.  I am sure that some of the more popular artists are selling some Father's Day cards, and then it still might be sort of slow.  I was making a few Father's Day sales as people were buying Mother's Day cards, so go figure LOL...Everyone's selling experience will be different.

Email   IP Logged
Oma_132016
artist

Reply #6 - May 28th, 2008, 2:08pm

Hey Laura!

Just visited your store! What a great variety of art cards you have. They're beautiful.....keep up the good work!

Oma.

Email   IP Logged
Delores_132508
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - May 29th, 2008, 5:36am

Just visited your store, Laura.   A great bunch of Father's Day cards.  You have something to cover just about every father's hobby or passion.   Great job! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Teri Francis_131425
artist

Reply #8 - May 30th, 2008, 10:57am

Hi Laura,

You have a terrific style and a great variety of cards.  I'm sure they will do well here.  

Re:  Father's Day cards .... I don't know how early sales have been going on this, but I know with Mother's Day, it was a here-and-there-sales for about month before the holiday ... then in the 10-7 days before the holiday, things really started to pop.  Ironically, I sold 2 or 3 Mother's Day cards after the holiday had passed ... getting a jump on next year, I guess, lol!  Anyway, based on that observation alone, I would guess that both Dad and Grad cards will start making bigger moves in the next week to 10 days.  So hang in there ... I'll wager the Dad card sales will peak between June 6th-9th.

btw ... The Bulk Sales Fairy paid me a very kind visit this week ... for fellow microstockers, she's the EL Fairy's cousin --  Grin  So, don't be discouraged -- those big sales do happen, usually when you least expect it.  Just keep creating great cards ... and let everyone know about your store at GCU.

Wishing everyone a great weekend ... many sales ... and a visit by the Bulk Sales Fairy to each and every GCU artist!   Cool    **Ouch!  I just got bonked on the head by somone representing the on-line Sales Fairy Union ... hope they'll get paid time-and-a-half for working extra hours to bring multiple sales to everyone here!   Smiley

Best of luck to you, Laura ... good wishes to all!

Teri

Email   IP Logged
Willaim_132003
artist

Reply #9 - May 30th, 2008, 12:02pm

Well, I just sold one of my "Patchwork" Fathersday Cards.... I was pleasently surprised by this!...  

As for Teri's commentabout Mothers Day cards, yes, I had many clicks on mothers day cards after the holiday also.. also, I sold a Thanksgiving card a few weeks back!!.. strange but hey it's a sale!  Tongue

Your Fathers Day cards are great Laura... "Patience Grasshopper".... If you create them the sales will come!... Sorry it's been a long week!  Tongue

Have a smile of a day  Wink
Bill

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #10 - May 30th, 2008, 12:26pm

Hi Laura,
You have a nice selection of Father's Day cards.  I am sure sales will come for you.
As for Father's day sales, I have had a few, but I don't think the majority of people are buying those cards yet, so be patient.  I have to echo what Bill said as far as when people buy.  I have sold Valentine's after Valentines and Christmas after Christmas and just last week I sold a Saint Patrick's day card, so you just really never know.  Those kind of sales are always a fun surprise.  Come to think of it, I think I just sold a valentine this week too.  Go figure...  A sale is a sale and I appreciate them all.
Take care and best of luck with your father's day sales.  I am sure you will do well.
Kathy

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - May 30th, 2008, 3:12pm

I've had a few sales for Fat Day, more than Mo Day interestingly enough.  My "sellers" have been very specific, "godson 3 I think, uncle 1, step son has had a few and son in law some hits".

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.