You must login or register to post.

Pages: 1 
Our Stage (Read 2599 times)
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Our Stage
May 14th, 2008, 5:52pm

Funny how our various 'worlds' often overlap.  I just signed onto "Our Stage" as an outgrowth of "My Space".  All trying to get a little networking going...
I am a Musician and write a lot of my own stufff.  Well I uploaded my version of the Lord's Prayer.  My written music, my keyboards and my vocals and titled OUR FATHER.  My group, or band name is Heart.  Sure hope some of you will go over and listen and if you think I'm worth it, leave me a good word.  I haven't told any of my family about this...you guys are the first and perhaps 'the only'...
Anyways, I used one of the images from one of my cards on here, for the album cover, and my band name?  HEART.  Just seemed to fit with my CARD ART FROM THE HEART.  All the Artistic side so intertwined....one arm inspires the other...one hand feeds the other...
And of course this is another site to have a link back to GCU.  That's 3 sites now.  Can't hurt, huh?
So please, if you have the time and inclination, go on over to OURSTAGE.COM and listen to Our Father by Heart.  It is listed twice:  1) #186 in sould fest
and 2)311 in singer/songwriter....
I'd love to hear your feedback.
Thanks guys.
Sue

Email   IP Logged
phrank_131619
artist

Re: Our Stage
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2008, 6:14pm

SmileyHi Sue... Went to the site..No such person...Many Heart groups, no #186,or 311...Maybe you could go there, copy and paste the page for us... I really want to hear...capt.

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2008, 6:29pm

You got it Capt.  Here it is:  http://www.ourstage.com/music/channel/97-soulfest/UMQTCEMAXYID-our-father

However, if you just go to the OURSTAGE.COM site and put OUR FATHER in the search box--a page will come up and you scroll down about half way on the left and you will see the 2 listing for my OUR FATHER.

So either way you get there, I will surely appreciate it!   kiss kiss kiss
Sue

Email   IP Logged
phrank_131619
artist

Reply #3 - May 14th, 2008, 6:48pm

SmileyWOW!!.. Iwas really expecting an amateur recording of someone singing in their dinning room...BOY Was I MISTAKEN!! very professional sounding. Beautiful voice Sue. Loved it... Especially the way it ended... I'm impressed...Thank You Sue...capt.

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #4 - May 14th, 2008, 7:10pm

THANK YOU CAPT!
You cannot possibly know how much it means that you bothered to go over and take a listen, and THEN your kind comments on top of that.  You're a great guy...Thank you again...
Sue

Email   IP Logged
Gina_133039
artist

Reply #5 - May 14th, 2008, 8:28pm

Cheesy That was fantastic, Sue... really beautiful voice!

gina

Email   IP Logged
Norval_132688
Gold Member
artist

Reply #6 - May 14th, 2008, 9:55pm

Very Nice Sue, it's amazing how many artist are musicians too.   .........Norval

Email   IP Logged
Delores_132508
Gold Member
artist

Reply #7 - May 15th, 2008, 4:15am

Wow!   Beautiful!   Such a rich, warm voice -- wonderful smoothness on those low notes.    Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Alda_133805
artist

Reply #8 - May 15th, 2008, 5:52am

Hi Sue,

Very lovely! It's looks like you are using your artistic and musical talents to minister to people. Also, thanks for the website. I was not familiar with it. I write lyrics for my cousin who writes the melody and we are working on a CD....very amateurish, (just as a hobby) but this might be a good way to get some of our songs out.
Thanks!

Email   IP Logged
Angie_133421
GCU Newbies
artist

Reply #9 - May 15th, 2008, 6:15am

Sue, that was beautiful!! You have a wonderful voice!!

Email   IP Logged
Wendy_132744
artist

Reply #10 - May 15th, 2008, 7:19am

That was absolutely beautiful.  Your tune is so much more soulful than the one we all usually use.  It was like a brand new song altogether.  I could listen to it all day.

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #11 - May 15th, 2008, 7:34am

Thank you my precious GCU friends!  cry kiss
This is indeed a nurturing community.  And yes Norvel it is amazing how the 'artistic' tendencies seem to run hand in hand.  When I was over on OurStage reading bios, I was struck by how many like me are also writers of Poetry and Prose and also how many were either Painters or Photographers.  I often feel a bit handicapped because I can't seem to focus on just ONE thing.  You?

Capt, Gina, Norval, Delores, Alda and Wendy.  Thank you, A MILLION THANK YOUS!, for your comments.  God is good.  

And Alda, yes MySpace, should be a good place to get your music heard.  And you will find, once on there, that other offers--places--come to you via MySpace.  I just haven't had the time to join another such site....especially since I'm having connectivity problems.

You guys have really blown me away with your responses.  I am proud to be part of such a generous group and you obviously all have 'good tastes'.   Roll Eyes  

I love you!
Sue

Email   IP Logged
Linda_132742
Gold Member
artist

Reply #12 - May 15th, 2008, 7:38am

Hi Sue, I tried to find you on singing, but, guess I am not doing it right.  I joined the site as a reviewer, but how do I find your song?
Linda

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #13 - May 15th, 2008, 7:43am

Hi Linda!
Look above at Reply #2 and you will see the link (in blue) that I gave Capt Phrank.  It should take you directly to my song.
Let me know if you still have a problem.
And THANKS!
Sue

Email   IP Logged
Kathy_131728
Gold Member
artist

Reply #14 - May 15th, 2008, 5:43pm

Hi Sue,
Just found this thread and your song.  You did a wonderful job...really like the keyboard work you did too.  Thanks for sharing with all of us!
Kathy

Email   IP Logged
Sue_132963
Gold Member
artist

Reply #15 - May 16th, 2008, 7:15am

And thank you Kathy, for taking the time to look and listen!
Sue

Email   IP Logged

About Us     Artists     Artist FAQ     Blog     Card Sellers     Contact Us     Content Disclaimer     Forum     Paper Card Categories     Privacy Policy     Shopper FAQ     Holidays 2011

Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.                        
© Copyright 2000- Greeting Card Universe - Powered By Bigdates-Solutions.com   

GCU Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.